TACTICS of a DRG/RDM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TACTICS of a DRG/RDM

DRG/RDM works well for soloing and can be alright in low level pt's. For all you closed minded people who think anything other than /WAR is stupid are truly newbs. Experience the game for all its worth and try new things. There is alot more to this game than PTing and hurrying to level cap.

Comment

go go drg/blm :D or drg/blu o.o

Comment

I know this thread is old, but others have pposted so I though I would join in, DRG/RDM acualy still works for both soloing and PTing atleast till lv60

I am DRG58 right now, and have been leveling off and on with DRG/RDM DRG/WHM DRG/DRK DRG/WAR and DRG/THF, and they all work well. I never got a complaint about "sucking" and I never had trouble doing anything, and as tazirai said....for some odd reason (must do with my MND) that most of my enfeebles still stick decently well with RDM or WHM sub. DRG was designed to be a flexable Melee class, and is the reason why it can sub RDM, WHM , and the upcoming BLU well.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I was wondering tactics for DRG/RDM soloing.. I've never enjoyed WHM but I have RDM to 33 so I just sub that. I'm curious about When wyvern breaths will activate and at what Health% I've also tried DRG/RDM in a party but It wasen't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereaux View Post
            DRG/RDM works well for soloing and can be alright in low level pt's. For all you closed minded people who think anything other than /WAR is stupid are truly newbs. Experience the game for all its worth and try new things. There is alot more to this game than PTing and hurrying to level cap.
            You are probably the only person I've met in my 10 months of playing this game to say something so smart. You need to preach to the rest of the FFXI Community.

yeah this thread is old but who cares I do what I want
            sigpic
            ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

This thread is so ancient. ... It should probably come off the stickies.

More on topic, a friend of mine has come to prefer drg/sch over other mage subs. You get the quasi-auto-refresh from sublimation, enough skill from dark arts to actually land sleep, drain and aspir, and still have access to -na spells if needed.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by odjnlinus View Post
                You are probably the only person I've met in my 10 months of playing this game to say something so smart. You need to preach to the rest of the FFXI Community.

yeah this thread is old but who cares I do what I want
                The problem with the "people who think you shouldn't anything but /WAR are newbs" mentality is that it comes from:

(1) People who don't want to level another sub besides the one they have and
                (2) Relatively new players. (Yes, ten months qualifies here).

I was the hardheaded DRG/Mage once, I've been there.

All those people who have been playing for 5 or 6 years clearly haven't had enough time to learn the flexibility of a game you've mastered in ten months

That and the /WAR only argument is soo... 2005. Hell, that's almost when it was said anyway. A good DRG will at least have SAM, WAR and BLU at their disposal. /BLU is the best mage sub now, too. Yeah, yeah, /RDM gives enspells. Have fun with the minor epeen you have to gain from them. I'll take my Cocoon, thanks.
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 06-06-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I personally can't imagine leveling without having all of my subs available, no matter how lol they may be. I mean, do I want to be leveling SAM to 37 right now? No. But I'll be damned if I'm going to take DRG any further without it.

And /BLU is totally kickass for soloing, it's not even funny. I was /WHM for a while, but it just can't compare.

Comment

I'll admit SAM was a pain in the ass sub to level when I did it for Kitten's RNG. Before 30 it was easily one of the most boring jobs I ever had to level, then it got more interesting when Meditate came along.

I may go back and finish it toward my DRG. I left DRG back at 60 back before ToA was released, but I suppos it depends on when I have the time and if I have enough interest in doing so. I won't take DRG forward without BLU and SAM, even though I enjoyed /WAR and /WHM for a long time. I just know the benefits of both BLU and SAM by levelling them up for Kitten's jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      The problem with the "people who think you shouldn't anything but /WAR are newbs" mentality is that it comes from:

(1) People who don't want to level another sub besides the one they have and
                      (2) Relatively new players. (Yes, ten months qualifies here).

I was the hardheaded DRG/Mage once, I've been there.

All those people who have been playing for 5 or 6 years clearly haven't had enough time to learn the flexibility of a game you've mastered in ten months

That and the /WAR only argument is soo... 2005. Hell, that's almost when it was said anyway. A good DRG will at least have SAM, WAR and BLU at their disposal. /BLU is the best mage sub now, too. Yeah, yeah, /RDM gives enspells. Have fun with the minor epeen you have to gain from them. I'll take my Cocoon, thanks.
                      My bad think I came off the wrong way about that last comment, I didn't *mastered* the game, just some players are so demanding for no reason. I've watched a friend play this back in 03 while in Korea for about a year so I kinda know what life back then was.

Yeah I'm not relatively new I am new to the game but I do have some knowledge on how things work just because I can understand stuff faster (not saying I'm a genius) but if you know what you are doing and no one has bothered to correct you then yes you must be doing something right.

(Just a rant so pay no heed) playing 5/6 years means nothing, you can be playing a game for 10 years and still not know as much as someone whose been playing for a year, it just depends on what kind of gamer you are. No offence taken
                      sigpic
                      ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

Working...
                      X