This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter from the right side of this map through Batallia Downs

Once you drop into pit in the middle, you end of on the left side of this map. All you need to do is exit out towards the SE of map.

Comment

I have completed AF1 and AF2 without much trouble. Thank goodness for high lvl Jpn friends. They showed me the way through eldieme so i have to just /follow them. But i can coffer hunt by myself. I have accepted AF3 but am not going to mess with it until i am lvl 60. So i want to do AF4,AF5, anf AF6 soon. That site is helpful in listing the coffer locations but if i have no map of quicksand or kuftal or ifrits it's not as helpful as it could be. Where can i buy or how can i get a map of Quicksand Caves,Ifrit's Cauldron, and Kuftal Tunnel.
      Returning to Vana'diel Nov. 7th SAM/WAR

Comment

If you already accepted the glove quest from Guslam, you'll obtain ur AF part when you open the coffer at those following locations. Once you obtain your AF, the next time you open your coffer you'll obtain a map of those following areas. Unless you want to be counter-productive, then you can just not talk to Guslam, go and open coffers for the map, and then open those coffers one more time for your AF parts.

Comment

I got the boots after going to that site and grabbing a LS mate whm to help me. It happened to take me about 5 days and 24k spent on silent oil but i have it done now. I will open coffers later for maps just for the sake of having them. I finally got my kuftal tunnel coffer key today only have Ifrit's Cauldron left which scares me to death. I really don't want to die opening a coffer or hunting keys or the coffer itself. Oh well i should be getting my gloves tomorrow. Everyone tells me it's an easy coffer to get i hope they are right.
          Returning to Vana'diel Nov. 7th SAM/WAR

Comment

hehe nice guide, so far i have AF1,AF2,AF4, and AF6 im a level 58 drg and now im trying to get help for ifrits cauldron coffer... so far this isnt fun >< just curious, but what would you recomend for amount of people/ level... do u think a 66 pld, 67 sam, 56 whm, 57 sam, 60 blm, and a 58 drg is enough to get it easily?

Comment

oh and one more thin, i forgot hehe does anybody know where i can find a map online that shows the coffer locations, ty^^

Comment

http://www.speakeasy.org/~sticks/ffxi/
                stop the hate

Comment

oooh, thanks a ton soki these should help alot^^

Comment

The ironic part of this is that you have to open the coffer in these new areas for the maps, yet you need to have the map to find the coffers....hahahahaha

Well, I found all my AF coffers, and it was well worth it. This thread really helped me out. I didn't really use the maps from Speakeasy since I can't really match it up to my screen...n....yeah...i suck

oh oh...I saw the NM Dragon. He killed a full pt in less than 1 min. It's sad...and somewhat amusing to watch though ... am I evil? hehehe
                    Lammy
                    6x DRG/WAR or 6x DRG/SAM
                    Unicorn
                    Rank 5

Comment

Thank you all for this guide! After all, it helped a lot! I managed to get my AF1 at lvl 40 with the help of a lvl 73 WAR/WHM.

I was expecting it to be a lot harder after a bit of research on Allakhazam and here, but we actually did pretty well. After all, I've heard reports that the fight can be darned scary... I was fearing the worst. However, with just a spark lance (no battery armed), I was averaging about 24 a hit, and he was going for about 43 (I was expecting to hit close to 0). He also used something like rampage and and chained with me, so we ended up doing rather well. He only had to heal once or twice. ^^

Just about 3k more until I can use the weapon!!! XD
                      34 WAR, 11 RNG, 18 MNK, 13 WHM, 31 SAM, 10 NIN, 63 DRG, 15 PLD, 11 THF, 25 RDM

Rank 6
                      Genkai 1 hated and completed ^_^
                      Genkai 2 feared and completed ^_^
                      Genkai 3 annoyed but completed ^_^
                      Genkai 4 still on to-do list

AF1 series completed! Shouts go out to Kuno, MysticAery, Animasoul and everyone else that's helped! Thank you all! ^^

Re: DRK vs. DRG:
                      "all peeps play diffrent. and equip diffent. and thers no way of solving it other than srtipping naked."
                      -Allakhazam.com

Comment

Need help

I have finished the AF gloves quest (I got the gloves). Also I finished AF1 and AF2. Today I went to Quicksand Cave and opened a coffer but I received a map instead of the AF boots. I went back to talk to Guslam all he said is "You found the gauntlets? Amazing!" Did I miss something? Thanks for any help.

Comment

I find this very weird... I have yet to even finish AF2 (lower body), yet I was able to accept the Af4 (gloves) quest. For af2, I've done everything but fight the tiger, yet while messing around bored in Jeuno, I was able to talk to Guslam about it. Level 51 when the happened.
                          34 WAR, 11 RNG, 18 MNK, 13 WHM, 31 SAM, 10 NIN, 63 DRG, 15 PLD, 11 THF, 25 RDM

Rank 6
                          Genkai 1 hated and completed ^_^
                          Genkai 2 feared and completed ^_^
                          Genkai 3 annoyed but completed ^_^
                          Genkai 4 still on to-do list

AF1 series completed! Shouts go out to Kuno, MysticAery, Animasoul and everyone else that's helped! Thank you all! ^^

Re: DRK vs. DRG:
                          "all peeps play diffrent. and equip diffent. and thers no way of solving it other than srtipping naked."
                          -Allakhazam.com

Comment

Hey Vicynax can you or someone else make a map like that for the AF3? Im taking my LS there tonight but i dont want to waste anyones time i want be able to take them right there and kill the NM shadows. I would love it. Our server is down until 6 tonight and we planned to go first thing when we can get on so any help is appreciated Thanks!

Comment

here's a map~ red line is way to AF3
                              Attached Files
                              My stuff~

Comment

Wow thank you so much for the fast reply! this will make the quest a lot less to worry about lol. Ill let u know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                                X