Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some slightly higher JP to help with AF 2 : me (50 at the time), another 53 DRG who needed it, 57 PLD, 60 WHM, 61 BLM, 56 RDM. Died really really easy. I'm pretty sure a level 52-54 party could probably kill it, and what Taolynn posted sounds like plenty of overkill.

All of the posts in this thread have been really helpful, great read. Hopefully I can find a coffer in Quicksands with minimal effort. My question though is I am reading the speakeasy treasure map site but unfortunately I'm not sure which map is which entrance. Which entrance has the larger collection of chests, west or east altepa? I don't have a map of Quicksands so I cannot really look and compare.

Edit : nevermind, found a site with game maps screenshotted which helps compare the 2.

http://page.freett.com/mapers/map/quicksand.html

Don't mind the popups. Hope this is helpful to someone looking for a Quicksands Coffer.

Comment

West Altepa, at the place with Beetles, and Antican Hastatus things is the place to get keys at, drops fastest there. East Altepa, in the L shaped quicksands entrance kind of in the SW of the map has almost all the coffers.

Comment

AF2 is all about the tank.. the tiger itself has low defence.. but it has very high attack.. and it's fast..

Comment

**WARNING** to anyone hunting the Kuftal coffer, there is now a HNM that wanders the main area, where all the coffer spots are. Until people hit 75, this thing isn't going anywhere. He runs faster than a chocobo, and will kill you if he sees you. Take caution. Invis would be the way to avoid him, but there is no confirmation on whether he can or can't see through it
          I got first hand experience of this Dragon last night and it proceeded to one-two shot my PT
          So any advice on getting around this guy when hunting for Coffers? Already have the key from killing robber crabs but scared now due to Guivre

Any help would be much appreciated

Comment

I've seen it 4 times, been killed by it 2 times :| Both times it popped in that first large open room with the lizard and the crabs..

I did get my coffer tho and when I snuck around Kufkal it was nowhere in sight. Guess I got lucky tho >< Swore I thought I saw it's tail, but I was too busy finding a clear spot to use another sneak oil
            - Caelestis -
            白75 | 黒75 | 獣70 | 召66 | 62-2竜
            "I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less." - Izzard

Comment

Guivre does not see through invisible. I walked through him a few times on my way to Cape Terrigan because well, everyone heard he was up and Cape Terrigan was deserted :D

I walked right up to him , he walked over me and went on his merry way :O
              BST 75 (Active) | BRD 75 (Active)
              DRG 63 (Retired) | BLM 55 (Semi)
              WHM 37 (Support) | NIN 37 (Support)

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Comment

I've accepted the glove (AF4) quest. Now how do I go about activating the greaves (AF5) quest (or AF6 for that matter)?

I'm assuming I need to have the quest active before I go loot the Quiksands coffer.

Comment

As soon as you accepted AF gloves, you are able to go ahead and grab AF5 and AF6 from the coffers.
                  BST 75 (Active) | BRD 75 (Active)
                  DRG 63 (Retired) | BLM 55 (Semi)
                  WHM 37 (Support) | NIN 37 (Support)

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Comment

As soon as you accepted AF gloves, you are able to go ahead and grab AF5 and AF6 from the coffers.
                    Ah, so I don't actually need a seperate quest showing up in the 'current quests' window?

Comment

Killed Guivre tonight. He isn't very difficult, as far as the high HNMs go. Would say Kuftal is mostly safe now because he will be killed shortly after he pops.
                      ƒo?@ƒJ?@ƒ^?@ƒŒ
                      —³‚V‚P?EŽë?l‚R‚W?E‚»‚Ì‘¼

Comment

Well the later AF quests sound fun i need to farm though for all these prism powders and silent oils i will need. I still need to do AF1 (only lvl 40) but nice to know about that HNM ahead of time.
                        Returning to Vana'diel Nov. 7th SAM/WAR

Comment

More info on Guivre. (killed him for 2nd time tonight, no drop ><)
                          If he doesn't aggro someone within a 30 minute time span, he disappears. To keep him popped we had to keep aggroing him then escape. So in theory Kuftal could be safe for all but 30 mins out of the day (19hr pop)
                          ƒo?@ƒJ?@ƒ^?@ƒŒ
                          —³‚V‚P?EŽë?l‚R‚W?E‚»‚Ì‘¼

Comment

anyone have a map of the path through eldeime to the NM for AF2? i have no clue

Comment

Path from what I remember...

- Enter to Eldieme from the southernmost entrance (one closest to the island)
                              - Go forward, make left at the first T intersection and follow that path.
                              - you come to another T that gives you an option of going right I believe. Keep straight.
                              - You come to a room filled with Liches and Fallen Knights (those who finished Genkai 1 and visited here, you know the horror). I'm not all too sure where the switch is, but have someone hit the switch to where the southern door opens and have your PT hurry through it.
                              - From there go down the path until you enter a large room filled with dirt boxes. Walk *AROUND* them until you get to the middle most box and walk into it and drop down to the level below.
                              - After the drop it's a direct run SE down the path. There is one way it splits, but either part takes you. At the part where the path splits a second time, go left. Going right would be very painful, as the NM Skull of Pride tends to pop there ._. But left takes you to the island.
                              - Caelestis -
                              白75 | 黒75 | 獣70 | 召66 | 62-2竜
                              "I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less." - Izzard

Comment

anyone know what lvl party is needed for the volcanic bees in ifrit's cauldron for the coffer key? i'm currently lvl58.

edit: eh, nevermind. did it today with a party consisting of
                                56 pld, 58 sam, 59 blm, 59 whm, and myself. the pld had a hard time holding aggro so we decided not to use meat kabobs. we
                                stayed at the entrance and pulled bee's. a couple of members died because of the bee's final sting. overall, not as bad as what everyone claims. we didn't venture further inside for fear of the bombs. at 58, the bee's rated Tough and Very Tough.

i've asked alot of high level help and no one would help. it was very discouraging. over the course of 4 days, i've asked 16 high lvl bst's to help plus other high level players. no luck.
                                huma
                                73 drg, 38 thf, 37 war, 31 sam, 37 rdm, 36 nin
                                alchemy 100+5, wood 60, gold 54, smithing 60, cook 36
                                LS: SockPuppets, VisVires HNMLS

Comment

Working...
                                X