Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's kind of hard to explain, because I was led through it, but first, you enter Eldieme from the I-10 entrance in Batallia. From there, you go in, I THINK hang a left when you hit the R whatever ghost monsters, and eventually you end up at the gate system. There are 4 gates, but apparently, only 2 can be open at once, and they're always ones directly across from each other. Anyways, you need to open the southern gate through the system of switches, and go through there. After that, you just head down and drop in the middle gravel pit thing in one of those large rooms with the ghosts. Then you have to climb up a small tunnel maze, but that one is pretty easy to figure out. You'll end up on the island after exiting the tunnel.

Edit: The NM is reaaaally easy, by the way. I went at level 49 due to a fun fun happy time level down, with a level 64 warrior and a 67 white mage. After dying and having a rather pain in the ass trip through eldieme, the warrior was convinced to utterly annihilate the tiger >_> So the fight went something like this: All buffs+2hr, meditate, raging rush, raging rush, renkei damage, hex strike, penta thrust. Tiger died a few hits later. While this is an exceptional case, if you just have a few high levels helping... it's really easy. Even before the warrior started up his self renkei, we had taken off a large chunk of it's life just through normal attacks.

Comment

I got my body yesterday. We went with 8 people, 2 dragoons who needed the key. Summary of what happened.

Kill first wasp...drop key
      kill second wasp...final sting no drop
      kill third wasp...drop key

I went there this morning with 12 sneak/invis powders got down to around 4 by the time I found it (woohoo) This thread definetely helped, I'm going to be doing the helm today, or tomorrow when I reach 60.
      Cry more n00b!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm having the hardest time finding anyone that wants to go to Uggalepih and fight those NM's :/
        Cikala
        70DRG/35WAR
        San d'Oria Rank 9
        Zilart Mission 13 complete
        Maat: 0/7

Comment

Yeaaa Tiger NM was silly easy ^^

.. now my question.. why can't Mithra have real pants?? The butt is like cut out on my AF pants ; ; ^^ TY tho for giving directions through
          - Caelestis -
          白75 | 黒75 | 獣70 | 召66 | 62-2竜
          "I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less." - Izzard

Comment

About to do the AF3 helm quest. I'm kind of dreading the amount of people I'll have to beg to come with me.

Can someone post information on how deep you have to go into the Temple before you can trigger the 2 NMs?
            BST 75 (Active) | BRD 75 (Active)
            DRG 63 (Retired) | BLM 55 (Semi)
            WHM 37 (Support) | NIN 37 (Support)

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Sanguine
              About to do the AF3 helm quest. I'm kind of dreading the amount of people I'll have to beg to come with me.

Can someone post information on how deep you have to go into the Temple before you can trigger the 2 NMs?
              Well, I just did it about 10 seconds ago :p

You don't have to go in very deep at all. You just have to go through about 4 doors, and you're there.
              Cikala
              70DRG/35WAR
              San d'Oria Rank 9
              Zilart Mission 13 complete
              Maat: 0/7

Comment

Finished AF3 Helm tonight with the help of 9 other people ranging from level 60 to 73.

When you touch the ??? spot with your wyvern called, be sure to haul ass to your alliance or else you're going to get 2 way ganged by the 2 NMs who hit you for 150+ each.

Then you get treated to a nice explanation to the whole Dragoon story. Kawaii wyvern~!
                BST 75 (Active) | BRD 75 (Active)
                DRG 63 (Retired) | BLM 55 (Semi)
                WHM 37 (Support) | NIN 37 (Support)

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Comment

3 down, 3 to go ._. Would have Gloves ready for fight, but the WHM we had wasn't too happy with PTing with NAs I suppose, because even after everyone said OK to pass coffer key (including him) he still lot, took, and "disconnected" (logged out on us.. he was mad that he died once... sorry, DS+ Curaga II is a no brainer that you'll get hate), thus leaving with my key ._.

Why does AF have to be this friggin hard?
                  - Caelestis -

Comment

Just wondering.. how hard is ifrit's cauldron?

What level would you recommend to go key hunting?

Would it be possible to bring an exp pt in there?

I know cofferes only spawn in maps 1, 2 and 7 in the cauldron.. Which are the closest zones from Yhoator should I take?

Thanks in advance :p

Comment

Well, at level 53, possibly a bit more, I shall be undertaking the AF3 quest >_> My LS is holding an AF3 tour this Saturday, and everyone finished with AF1+2 is coming, so... I was wondering, can anyone post the exact way to get to the Uggalieph ??? point? As far as I know, no one in my LS knows, so.. yeah. Thanks in advance.

Comment

ah

Can AF 2(Tiger NM) be done by a PT of 50s? 2 WHM, 1RDM, 1BLM, 1PLD, and me.

Also, I accepted the Coffer quest for Bohyada, but can I go do the Quicksand coffer first then do the Bohyada one?

| 75 DRG | 75 MNK | 75 BRD | 37 WAR | 37 NIN | 38 WHM | 37 THF | 60 RNG |
                        | 65 SAM | 61 BST | 37 BLM | 46 RDM | 14 BLU | 10 PUP | 10 COR |

Comment

PT of 50s? Most likely. Might be tough, though. As for the coffer, once you accept AF4 you can do them in any order.

Edit: Seeing cael's post, ignore my PT of 50s suggestion >_>

Comment

Re: ah

Originally posted by Taolynn
                            Can AF 2(Tiger NM) be done by a PT of 50s? 2 WHM, 1RDM, 1BLM, 1PLD, and me.

Also, I accepted the Coffer quest for Bohyada, but can I go do the Quicksand coffer first then do the Bohyada one?
                            1) No >< Another DRG I tried to help with it had a low lv tank like that. We all died (me twice >.). So probably not.

2. As long as AF2 I think is completed and AF4 accepted (gloves) you can do AF 5 and 6 (greaves and body). May be wrong tho about the AF2 completion.
                            - Caelestis -

Comment

Hmm well I am going to go and try and see if I can get the Greaves from Quicksand.

Then I'll try the AF2 with this setup:
                              51PLD/WAR, 2- 51WHM/BLM, 1BLM/WHM, 1RDM/BLM, myself, 56 RDM/BLM, 54 DRG/WAR, 65 DRK, 51 BRD/WHM, 51 NIN/THF.

Hope that is good enough for it...

| 75 DRG | 75 MNK | 75 BRD | 37 WAR | 37 NIN | 38 WHM | 37 THF | 60 RNG |
                              | 65 SAM | 61 BST | 37 BLM | 46 RDM | 14 BLU | 10 PUP | 10 COR |

Comment

anyone tell me exactly how hard AF3 is? the guide says an alliance of 12-15 Lv60+, which i have, but i wanna get some second opinions. :confused:
                                Name : Soumakyou
                                Jobs : 70 Dragoon/35 Warrior
                                Server : Midgardsormr
                                Country/Rank : San d'Oria, Rank 9
                                Linkshell : ImmortalKingdom

Comment

Working...
                                X