Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would exit to POL in order to alt-tab out since you can't do that in-game.
    http://rentahamster.blogspot.com/

Read my report on the FFXI Square Enix 2005 gaming event in Hawaii

Comment

Update: They've taken out the ability to sit the dragon while you stand up. Hopefully they'll let us use pet alpha soon. This is another blow to the already fragile dragon.
      Ailis
      竜・75��・6��戦・4��シ・4�
      白・61��・3��黒・4�

Comment

that much was expected, it was an exploint anyways. But what is Pet Alpha?
        <--- This is me Nick Matsumoto ^^ Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Originally posted by N_Matsumoto
          that much was expected, it was an exploint anyways. But what is Pet Alpha?
          Beast Masters can use this (Pet Alpha) to "feed" their tamed monsters to regain their HP. If they can do it. Why not Dragoons.
          Ailis
          竜・75��・6��戦・4��シ・4�
          白・61��・3��黒・4�

Comment

I see, that would be great... It would help reduce the impact of those area of effect attacks on your wyvern.

I used to want to be a sam, but now i rather be a Drg/sam
            After considering between Drg and Sam, I think that drg seems more fun to play and considerably stronger. Even if sam can use WS faster, Drg has better WS to start of with.

I plan to make my Drg Mithra and boost her dex and accuracy, so that i rarely miss penta strike. Will that work out? or should i boost strenght?

Argg.... i have to redo my sig now... *sigh*
            <--- This is me Nick Matsumoto ^^ Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Nub here counting down to US release.

So far what i've got from reading:

Race doesn't really make a big difference, and for whatever disadvantage the race you choose has compared to others.. They can be easily subdued with a few pieces of equipment (correct?)

It was a throw up between Elv and hume (no offense to tarus,mith, galks :p) Elvvan seems to be fave for DRG/THF. Other pplz ideas aside, I figure why not just go Hume, They are pretty secksi eh?

So as far as sub goes, THF sounds good.. and if not I can just switch it up.

Besides all of that, What should I start off as? I was thinking WAR and then take up THF or MNK (THF good idea since I might be going THF as Sub later?)

But whatever Im not a lazy player, Ill lvl all jobs if I could/had to.

Also How does this weapon skill progression work out? DRG obviously uses spear/lance type weapons, would I start using/lvling spear/lance or similar as a lvl1? Does the weapon skill as WAR Pre-lvl30 transfer over to DRG after acquiring DRG job?

I appreciate all suggestions and additional info and thnx in advance. I still wvu even if you guys flame me for asking newb questions :p k bye! besides the search button is about to hit me with a restraining order for over-use!

See you ingame!

Comment

I also would like to know if you level up the spear skill with War if the lvl would transfer when you switch to Drg.

RDM35 / WAR20 / DRG10 / DRK10 / RNG 10 / PLD 35 / BLM 17

Comment

Yeah, all spells, abilities, and weapon and spell levels transfer over... but only if that class is able to use them. So if you have a WAR and build up polearm to level 10 if you make a DRG it's polearm will be level 10. (As long as the skill level is not over the level limit)
                  "Don't blame me, blame yourself... or God"

Comment

Ok heres a question I havent seen here yet . How wanted are dragoons in groups? They are the class I would like to play above all , but there are others i'd rather play if I cant get groups . I know they deal nice dmg , but what about renkei? ive heard that DRKs have hard times getting PTs since their WS doesnt renkei well with thief , do drgs have this issue too with pentathrust or whatever skill you use at high end? I would probably be going drg/war then drg/sam eventually . This seems like a great class but I dont wanna play it if I spend more time looking for groups than in them . Thanks .
                    har

Comment

I have waited as long as 16 hours without a single invite. Not getting invites comes along with being a melee job. The best thing to do is to try to build your own PT's. Easier said than done however.
                      Ailis
                      竜・75��・6��戦・4��シ・4�
                      白・61��・3��黒・4�

Comment

That's why there's a loverly sit emote too look sexy during those 16 hrs. I just eat a burrito though

Comment

I havent had any problems getting pts
                          Lihain-Mithra/F~~~Ragnarok
                          ~WHM-46/SMN-25/DRG-16/BLM-15/WAR-11/BST-10/THF-8/

Mononokei-Mithra/F~~~Ragnarok
                          ~[b]THF-30/DRG-10/WAR-10

Mithral(deceased)-Mithra/F~~~Cactuar

Linkshells:
                          Kujata- Archknights
                          Ragnarok- Tears of Altana

You are a Dragoon now, jump to your future and dont look back.

Comment

I am starting a Drg, or planning on being one. I want to go Drg/sam, but how does that compare to Drg/war. Also what is the best race to be? I figure Elvaan, but if I wanna switch up jobs alot I would think a hume is the best since they are versatile

Comment

Only have the strictly in game forum bookmarked, didn't know this forum existed until now, lol

Anyway, here are my 4 cents.

#1- WHM sub isn't viable past level 10. I have tried it after getting the AF helm, and aside from having only 134 MP at 62/31, any time a party member is getting below half HP, your mages aren't doing their job. Do yourself a favour, and sellout to the DRG/SAM after 60. I swore up and down I wouldn't, but having done it, it's hard to argue with the self service renkeis and penta madness. Before that, Warrior, if you can stomach playing it to 30, and THF if you have a good tank are your gravy train. WHM is an awesome sub while doing things alone, tho. You don't have to cast a cure spell for it to work, so just cast Dia for 7 MP, and you will get a cure 2~3 for it^^

#2- How to use SAM sub. I'm still getting the hang of this, but here is the method I have found most satisfactory to my parties. If you are with a Thief, the renkei will 9/10 be Skewer > Dancing Edge. I try and get in one Penta between renkeis, then save the rest for a good Skewer. If you don't have a renkei, I go 2 ways. Use Meditate and Penta in rapid succession, if Pena hits at least 4 times, you have a chance to self renkei. Use Jump, and if it hits, you will get off Skewer in time. If yuo get 3 hits, just wait until it hits 100 then go with penta again. Don't use High Jump for TP, since you will be getting so much hate you will want to get it off you ASAP. This could really be a jackass way to do it, but I find it the best for me.

#3 Pile on the DEX and ACC. You get enough STR. Get DEX+2 rings as soon as you can, and I got away with wearing those lvl 14 gloves that add +3 acc until i got my AF gloves. You shouldn't be tanking anyway, as has been stressed here already.

#4 Don't cry when you miss a lot. It's gonna happen. I cry, and now everyone is sick of hearing me cry. D;

#5 Make your own parties. I find when I don't, aside from waiting for hours, you will end up in something jackass.. Figure out where you should be going, how to get to the PT camp spot, and lead lead lead. I didn't make the party I am in now, and it's not that good. /random
                              ƒo?@ƒJ?@ƒ^?@ƒŒ
                              —³‚V‚P?EŽë?l‚R‚W?E‚»‚Ì‘¼

Comment

sigh

When (what level about) will I get pentathrust. Double thrust is getting old. :dead:

And because I don't speak japanese, and alot of japanese on my server are prejudice, I can't make PT's. it's hard being an american over level 30 PT wise. To be fair though my server has alot of jerks from all worlds...

But somehow i still manage to only end up waiting an hour or 2 for an invite, so it's really not that bad.
                                63 dragoon , 31 white mage, 30 warrior, 13 monk, 10 samurai, 5 thief.

Proud to be Timeless / Lunarian / Ancient!
                                Shadowlords Behind sufficently Kicked!
                                Wyvern: Jessie the Cute

Comment

Working...
                                X