Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blitz Ring Price Hike - DRK Zerging - Wuss da dily yo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitz Ring Price Hike - DRK Zerging - Wuss da dily yo?

Anyone care to comment on why Blitz Ring's are going for 350k now and were 3k like a month ago?

I'm hearing thru the grapevine that there's some kind of deal where the propsed equipment haste cap that was theorized at 25% is really just 24% because Squeenix "rounded-down" and people (like DRKs) want this ring to get their 25%.

Then I heard it was 25% but the real cap is 26% because of some glitch at Squeenix. So in another fun forum, when I was going on this rumor I tried to provide an example of why 1% haste does NOT ROCKETH. I ended up determining from some quick math that over 100 attacks, it gives you 1 more attack vs a non-blitz ring wearing counterpart/peer.

I think though I get this Haste math contorted when I try to write it up.

Is it: Delay = [(Weapon1 + Weapon2) - Dual Wield)-(Equipment Haste + Magical Haste + JA Haste)]

I'm really just assuming at this point.

1%..... is it really worth 300K? Then someone mentioned that you could go look at Dusk Gloves versus Dusk Gloves +1 and there's your answer.

Heh. °-º
    °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
    sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Re: Blitz Ring Price Hike - DRK Zerging - Wuss da dily yo?

People are stupid?

No really, haste is awesome and all, but to give up an Accuracy ring for 1% haste is retarded.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
      Anyone care to comment on why Blitz Ring's are going for 350k now and were 3k like a month ago?
      They're apparently going for 600k on leviathan
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

they're 300-400k on Bahamut...ridiculous....I was wondering this very same thing because they used to be super cheap, I mean why wouldn't you wear a Toreador's Ring or something else in this slot? Like Malacite said, people are stupid
        | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
        2/5 WAR +2
        Farsha(85)

Comment

1% haste, when your ACC is capped by songs, corsairs roll, merits (who merits club ><, but sword or dagger maybe), 7 acc is /shrug "meh".

However!, for plds 1% haste (going with 18% haste, w-mart5,homam9,swift4) with haste spell, March x2, is like 2 seconds off of your spells recast timer

For sam's/drgs with Aces helm you get w-mart head + toreadors vs. aces + blitz difference of 30hp/30mp vs. +4 Str -7 evasion

For Appoc dark's, Who should have 8/8 scythe merits, 1% haste is a dramatic improvment over 7 acc

For zergs, your better off Toreador's / Bomb queen ring than using blitz.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            People are stupid?

No really, haste is awesome and all, but to give up an Accuracy ring for 1% haste is retarded.
            Why would you stack accuracy if you're already capped on accuracy for the target you're attacking? Because, ya know, there are situations where that happens and all.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

If already at accuracy cap, the Blitz Ring is better. If already at gear haste cap, an accuracy ring would be better. Where it gets tricky is when a player is neither at gear cap nor at accuracy cap.

Assuming a player a sufficient far from accuracy cap that he'd get the entire benefit of an accuracy ring, and assuming starting with Haste (spell, 15% effect), March x2 (19% haste effect), and 24% gear haste, that's 58% base haste.

Adding 1% gear haste here would result in 59% haste, which is ~1.64% better swing speed. (Delay reduction is linear, but the effect on swing speed is not--and it's the swing speed which determines the damage.) Then, since every accuracy+2 results in 1% better hit rate (which is an 1% improvement in damage over time), an Accuracy+4 ring will beat a Blitz Ring in this situation.

Now, assuming /SAM and using Hasso (and getting cured dumped--a dead DRK does less damage than a melee SMN), we move to a 68% vs. 69% comparison. Then, that 1% haste results in 3.23% damage improvement. Now, the DRK would need an Accuracy+7 ring to beat the Bltiz Ring.

A well geared and merited BRD, though can get to 21% (and fractionally higher) haste effect for March x2 without Soul Voice. The improvement from 70% haste to 71% haste is 3.45% faster attack rate. This is now approaching an Accuracy+7 ring, and is now very diffcult to parse the difference when in actual usage.

That's the breaking point; once a DRK can exceed that 45% haste from magic and ability, 25% gear haste will beat out 24% gear haste with an additional Accuracy+7 (e.g. Toreador's Ring), even w/out an Apocalypse. Or, if expecting Haste (spell) along with Soul Voice March x2 (~40% haste effect), get as close to 25% gear haste as possible.

Having wrote all that, however, I'm still a DRK noob. How close can DRK get to 25% gear haste again? lol.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Adding 1% gear haste here would result in 59% haste, which is ~1.64% better swing speed.
                This increase is (1-0.58)/(1-0.59) = 1.0244 = 2.44%, not 1.64%. The rest of your numbers are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                  Then, since every accuracy+2 results in 1% better hit rate (which is an 1% improvement in damage over time), an Accuracy+4 ring will beat a Blitz Ring in this situation.
                  No it isn't, actually. Assuming a hit rate of 80% pre-ring, that Acc+4 ring bumps hit rate to 82%.

82/80 = 1.025, a 2.5% increase in damage output. The closer you are to the accuracy cap, the less of a percent increase it is, but it's always somewhat greater than 1 per +2.

Comment

Things you zerg(Not all inclusive):

King Vingerron
                    Dynamis Lord
                    Bahamut V2
                    Dynamis Valkrum Boss
                    Dynamis Qufim Boss
                    Dynamis Burb... sorta, not hard to actually not zerg it if you kill the right dragons.

Someone help me out here... is there anything else?

My Dark zerg build:
                    M. Kris
                    Januwaih +1 (30HP)
                    White Tathlum (15HP, -2 enmity)
                    Wala turban(+5 Haste)
                    Ancient Torque
                    Cassie Earring (50HP)
                    Wyvern Earring (+5 Haste)
                    LVL 50 JS body (enhances souleater)
                    Homam Hands (Haste and HP)
                    Blitz Ring(+1 HAste)
                    Bomb Queen Ring (75 HP)
                    Gigant Mantle (80HP)
                    Swift Belt (+4 Haste)
                    Homam Cosciales (+3 Haste, Some HP i think)
                    Homam Feet (+3 Haste, +31 HP)

Total Haste : 24%
                    Total HP: 250+

There's +2 i'm missing cause I don't have a V. Belt, which would put me at cap with 26% (think cap is 25.6%)

Got into an argument yesterady about /nin vs. /drg... long story short /nin if you can't Chain spell stun, or you don't trust your stunner. /drg if your group is good, or you have 3-4 other darks to share/shed hate with

Comment

Having wrote all that, however, I'm still a DRK noob. How close can DRK get to 25% gear haste again? lol.

Turban (5) Wyvern Earring (5) Dusk +1 (4) Blitz (1) Speed Belt (6) Homam Pants (3) Homam Feet (3) = 27% assuming /DRG, otherwise 22% max.

As far as Zerg goes, both /NIN and Stun are a complete waste of time especially if you're an Apoc DRK. Apoc DRK will just /WAR for Berserk and, if the LS is competent, have a PLD to cover him just in case. Even with 5/5 Muted Soul, nothing is going to keep a mob off you when you're doing 23k+ damage in the span of 30 seconds. You do not cast any spells or use any WS other than Catastrophe in that time, and even then likely only once just to get the haste going because every time you WS or cast magic that's less time you're swinging, which when you've hit that 80% ceiling, is a hell of a lot of swings you're missing.
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

If already at accuracy cap, the Blitz Ring is better. If already at gear haste cap, an accuracy ring would be better. Where it gets tricky is when a player is neither at gear cap nor at accuracy cap.

Assuming a player a sufficient far from accuracy cap that he'd get the entire benefit of an accuracy ring, and assuming starting with Haste (spell, 15% effect), March x2 (19% haste effect), and 24% gear haste, that's 58% base haste.

Adding 1% gear haste here would result in 59% haste, which is ~1.64% better swing speed. (Delay reduction is linear, but the effect on swing speed is not--and it's the swing speed which determines the damage.) Then, since every accuracy+2 results in 1% better hit rate (which is an 1% improvement in damage over time), an Accuracy+4 ring will beat a Blitz Ring in this situation.

Now, assuming /SAM and using Hasso (and getting cured dumped--a dead DRK does less damage than a melee SMN), we move to a 68% vs. 69% comparison. Then, that 1% haste results in 3.23% damage improvement. Now, the DRK would need an Accuracy+7 ring to beat the Bltiz Ring.

A well geared and merited BRD, though can get to 21% (and fractionally higher) haste effect for March x2 without Soul Voice. The improvement from 70% haste to 71% haste is 3.45% faster attack rate. This is now approaching an Accuracy+7 ring, and is now very diffcult to parse the difference when in actual usage.

That's the breaking point; once a DRK can exceed that 45% haste from magic and ability, 25% gear haste will beat out 24% gear haste with an additional Accuracy+7 (e.g. Toreador's Ring), even w/out an Apocalypse. Or, if expecting Haste (spell) along with Soul Voice March x2 (~40% haste effect), get as close to 25% gear haste as possible.

Awesome sauce. So it really comes down to a High Level Player situation where someone is trying to break tiers towards cap. Doesn't mean much on the low end, rather the high end and having HL gear and special, perfect job set-up.

Ok, it's a big boy's toy now. WELL I WISH I woulda known that a month or two ago so I could've made 60 mil like that one person on Kujata did during that time when Azoth daggers were selling for more than a mil lol.
                        °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                        sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X