Drk Maat fight. Please assist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drk Maat fight. Please assist

I have been trying to kill maat for a few days now as drk. I am 0/3 on him, and my LS is starting to get a bit annoyed with me for having them to help me get a testimony many times.

So... I go in with Blink Band, And SS torgue, sleep to 100% tp ((I use the hauberk gear set as my armor)), go in, and activate my macros.

Guillotine, Icarus Wing, Guillotine.

Next macro Blood Weapon, Souleater, and weapon bash to stun him. When blood weapon wears off, I deactivate my Souleater as not too loose any hp with any attacks.

And I drink hi-pots like no tomorrow for hp, yet I loose against him.

I don't use any food, as I am not sure what food I should use. Atk, or Def food, or any other items I should bring with me.

So... Can anyone help me defeat maat, and give any hint/tips?

Re: Drk Maat fight. Please assist

What level are you? 66 or 70?

Otherwise try this:

Sleep 100% TP
    Go in, cast Drain II
    Gulli
    Icarus + stun (we want to limit some of his actions)
    Souleater Last Resort Gulli, you want to hit hard to attempt to finish him off
    Bash
    Fingers crossed/spam hi potions/stun or attempt a drain

If you got real nice/pimp friends borrow a Mercurial Kris or Kraken Club and it's a 100% win more or less.

EDIT: food wise, expensive ya, but Pizza it. Attack boost and accuracy boost all in one. Failing that, Sole Sushi if you struggle to hit him.

Oh, and do it at Level 70 if possible with capped skill. No point doing it earlier, there's no prize.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

So try guillotine with souleater on? That the main reason why I failed the first time.

I have been trying to find a way to get a hold of a K-club though... Would love to just Zerg him to death with that. Some one has to have it in my ls... I've seen a few people with it.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

You weren't WS with Souleater on?

Also, if you're feeling confident go fight him on Dark Day and try to sleep him before engaging. If it sticks, you can then proceed to ABS-STR and ABS-VIT to really crank up your damage. Finish with a Drain II as Kiki said and then let 'er rip.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

From what I remember, you shouldn't need Acc to hit Maat - especially not with a two-handed weapon. Standard meat or defense food should work.
          Last edited by Armando; 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Bison Steak should do the trick just fine.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              You weren't WS with Souleater on?

Also, if you're feeling confident go fight him on Dark Day and try to sleep him before engaging. If it sticks, you can then proceed to ABS-STR and ABS-VIT to really crank up your damage. Finish with a Drain II as Kiki said and then let 'er rip.
              When I did it, it killed me. It dropped me to about 50% hp, and maat just bashed me three times, and killed me.

I have no issues hitting maat, even when I was 66. I am still trying to get to 70 for drk... half way in exp... ugh. Then gonna cap my scythe, then try and take him out the way it was suggested.

Comment

I remember people saying I would have a tough time with this fight.. All I remember doing is Souleater, then using Guillotine. lol
                A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                  I remember people saying I would have a tough time with this fight.. All I remember doing is Souleater, then using Guillotine. lol
                  lol. I did try, had issue though. Haha. XD

Comment

If you have a Vile Elixir +1, you can Soul Eater on both WS. Otherwise Guillotine him once, then pop the wing and souleater quickly to finish him off with the 2nd Guillotine.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      If you have a Vile Elixir +1, you can Soul Eater on both WS. Otherwise Guillotine him once, then pop the wing and souleater quickly to finish him off with the 2nd Guillotine.
                      Thats what I am going to try this time around. Hopefully it works. Don't know if I should try the eilxer though. Maybe I will, its a bit costly though.

Comment

Working...
                      X