DRK/DNC for soloing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRK/DNC for soloing?

Does anyone have experience with this setup on how it does for soloing?

Re: DRK/DNC for soloing?

Nope, never played that combo, but I know PLD/DNC does very well!

Comment

I would imagine that it would solo much better than DRK/justaboutanythingelse.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Nope. DRK/BST ftw.

DRK/DNC is OK from 60+ but generally I prefer to have a charmed pet handy (of course this only applies if you've actually leveled BST equally as high otherwise yes go with DNC) since the added damage makes things much smoother. Especially since DRK can already keep itself going with 2 Drains + Dread Spikes (though that's very high level) and Aspir.

I'm only 56 DRK, but so far I hate subbing DNC. Fights take way too long, and as I said I just farm FoV pages which means I'm mostly fighting easy prey anyway, so the extra killing power > healing. I forget who but someone posted a video or two of DRK/BST on here a long time ago and managed to solo some damn good EXP against IT mobs in Toraimorai (sp?) Canal.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I've used drk/dnc and its ok. My drk was 75 when dnc was released so I can't comment on lower levels. As Mal said, fights take a tad longer so in the end I think it evens out between /dnc and a melee sub. I have to say I haven't subbed /bst though but it does sound interesting.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I freaking love BST sub. Taking that job to 75 was one of the best decisions I ever made in my XI career (to say nothing of the rewards associated with it!)

It basically makes soloing with any non-pet job so, so much easier it's not funny (with some exceptions of course)
            sigpic

Comment

I'm actually considering playing BST for once. Never did play much past lvl 2, but I've read and heard about so many interesting personal stories from other players; that one has a chance at experiencing. We'll see once I return this Feb 1st!

Comment

I'll vouch for bst!

My buddy quit ffxi for about 2 months, and BST is what brought him back.

Comment

I use DRK/DNC for mowing through EP/DCs for Fields of Valor(currently 49), it's better than MP-based subjobs for surviveability at my level, but on anything over a low DC it's pretty slow-going and probably relatively dangerous. DNC gets most of its real goodies 30-35 so at low to mid levels you aren't really getting anything aside from Curing Waltz I and Drain Samba I. By the time you hit 60-70 you're probalby better off doing Campaign than normal soloing, in which case I probably would be /WHM just for Reraise.
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

So, DRK/BST sounds interesting. I'm kinda new to this game, so is there anything I should know?

Comment

Originally posted by frybrain View Post
                      So, DRK/BST sounds interesting. I'm kinda new to this game, so is there anything I should know?
                      That /BST doesn't work unless you already have Beastmaster main at 75.

And that Malacite like to talk out his butt like that.
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Slight correction: BST has to be as high the main job you're using. If you're DRK 40, your BST should be at least at 40 as well. If it's not, your Charm will be less accurate and you don't want that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post

And that Malacite like to talk out his butt like that.
                          *ahem*

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          DRK/DNC is OK from 60+ but generally I prefer to have a charmed pet handy (of course this only applies if you've actually leveled BST equally as high otherwise yes go with DNC)
                          stfu n00b

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=387666 (oh wow some more people must have quit o.O I jumped from 55 to 40th rank on my server)
                          sigpic

Comment

I use DRK/WHM in campaign and it works really well because of reraise bc I don't care who you are you will die in campaign but its all good. If I had dnc I would like to try it though.
                            Emmanuell
                            Odin Server - Transplanted from Ifrit Server
                            95 DRK, 95 BST
                            Bastok Rank 10

sigpic

Comment

I prefer drk/sch for soloing/campaign. alacrity gives me dreadspikes with only 30 secs of down time plus i get free reraise, cure III and regen II and in some cases since i got aspir and dark magic up to 300 i have all the mp i need with sublimation.

Edit: though this probably only applies to 75...

Comment

Working...
                              X