X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dark Knight Encylopedia

Originally posted by Chocobo Knight
    hey i'm new and all but would a galka drk/drg be a good combo???

Double Post Edited:
    hey would a drk/drg be a good combo???
    According to several posts in other threads, this combo is highly reserved for certain situations and end-game stuff. I think you can get good mileage in exp in 70s too. However, when you're starting out, the most effective subjobs are the basic melee ones, which includes THF and WAR. I would leave advanced jobs as subjobs out of the mix until you're high enough to take advantage of the job abilities (like jump and high jump for DRG)

Comment

Man, I wish there was one as informative as this encyclopedia for Drg as well. x.x

Comment

Due to reaching critical levels of boredom in World of Warcraft, I might be pulling the dusty old Hauberk out of the Mog House and attempting to relearn DRK so I can once again finish this project ^_^

edit - Thank god I left this much info behind, I hardly remember it all. Now where in the hell did I put my avatar.
        Last edited by Arli; 01-21-2006, 05:45 AM.
        "In my travels, I have seen the city in the sky and trembled in awe.
        I have dived into the arms of infamous darkness, only to walk the shores of a forgotten land.
        I am the student who has bested the teacher, yet knows my learning continues.
        My journey is the stuff of legend, yet my voyage is just beginning..."

Arliman: Fearless, yet brow-beaten leader of the Solaris Linkshell

Comment

heh welcome back Arliman!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I'm saddened to find that the Dark KNight 'Encylopedia' doesn't contain any information on spells. Dark Knights do still cast spells, yes? (not rhetorical, unfortunately)
            ~Zozor!

Comment

Darks Black magic spells have been covered, just read through the thread, you will find it between Post 30 & 41.

As for Dark AF the quests are here on somepage.

AF-1 - http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/64
              AF-2 - http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/65
              AF-3 - http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/66
              AF Hands - http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/302

The forum guide on AF is here:- http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/dar....af.guide.html

I have found this thread very usefull as I am close to starting Dark night with my Galka Brickshouse. as i have dabbled to lvl 47 with a Great sword with my war, i will be skillign up scythe until it gets there and caps and keep swapping over until I cap each, each level.

Rep Up Arli
              Last edited by Jarre; 05-09-2006, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I have not played FF11 yet and would like to know if I can can choose to be a DRK when I start or do I have to open the DRK job by going though other job ,and if so which ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Dagon
                  I have not played FF11 yet and would like to know if I can can choose to be a DRK when I start or do I have to open the DRK job by going though other job ,and if so which ones?
                  Dark Knight is an Extra/Advanced job, or whatever you choose to call it, which means that you must first reach level 30 in any of the six starting jobs and then complete a quest to unlock it.

The starting jobs are Warrior, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Red Mage, and Black Mage. Everything else is unlocked after reaching 30.

Comment

Thanks for tell me that Murphie! I'm tring to learn as much as I can about the game before I play it and the relly helped me out some !

Comment

As of last night, I finally made one of my original dreams and goals come true!

DRK60 and learn Guillotine.

This used to be my main reason for leveling DRK at all. I just wanted to be able to Guillotine everything not nailed down! This was back before the TP Nerf and DRK/SAM was still a popular combo.

Well I finally have my Hauby, learned Guillotine, but normally wouldn't have been able to use it due to no Skillchain options.

Then along came Absorb-TP. I have a 3 person static for my DRK, and my current Skillchain partner is a THF. BEFORE Absorb-TP, the THF and I would usually get TP right about the same time. With my Hauby now, my Acc+43 is showing off and my Acc is a little better than the THF's, but the Skillchain goes off with no problem.

Absorb-TP is pulling back 30~96% TP a pop, so I now have TP to blow. Is anybody else running into this "problem?" ^^ I'm enjoying being able to just toss out a big Guillotine for extra damage and still keep up with the THF.

Guillotine Vs. VT Colibris are doing 800~1.1k damage. (Souleater ramped two of them up past 1100dmg.) Absorb-AGI before each one, and my Acc with is pretty good. Guide says that it's crazy inaccurate. Farming Kazham keys last night, I was only landing 2/4 hits, but in EXP I was landing all 4. Absorb-AGI being the only difference. Am I getting lucky, or has Sushi made Guillotine more viable and the guide's just a little old?
                      Odude
                      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I would like to add my FFXI experenice to this.

on Souleater

you say SATA and blood weapon only NOT TRUE DRK/WAR if timed right can use it to finidh off the mob and use Stun and defender if problems occure also with
                        DRK/SAM 70+ with seigan can be safe if you use souleater in a weaponskill
                        note i always cancel it straight after weaponskill o and if you not closing light/dark or SATAing guilltine is fare more dmging with souleater than any other weaponskill a you will take 4 chunks of HP.

on Races
                        Humes thos lack the STR(5 less than elvann 75DRK/WAR) do have a high(in comparisons to galka (MP) and elvaan) INT (6 diff Elvaan vs Hume ) and MP which means Absorb spells will land more often and INT is a major mod in most of DRKs major weapon skills and basiclly what i'm going to say i'd consider Humes on par with elvaans i mean yea there weapon skills will do 30-40 more DMG but i think thats a fare trade off for more MP and land absorb spells more often. in comparison hit to hi Elvaan wil hit a little harder but humes will make up for this with a extra hit when a elvaan would miss from DEX

on Subs

NIN ok apart from a DRK/NIN spaming rampage there isn't much else except safty in dynamis/HNM/endgame rubbish why don't you try going out and getting a couple of swords dual weild them them souleater and bloodweapon (unless you have a kraken) which will help you out in missions and quests were it says pwn uber mob.

SAM ffxi wiki explains it all

for Galka and Elvaan you covered everything else basiclly

Tho for the other races we get the option for out side partys to sub RDM WHM and BLM(in one or two odd cases)

Basiclly DRK have good enfeebling skill and elemental skill which can be used in various sitituations and you do have a MP pool so USE it e.g.

solo.

WHM - Divine seal Cure III will bail you out of a long fight.
                        Slow and paralyze will give you an edge when fighting mobs
                        Erase is also handy to have.
                        and protect II and shell will give you some added protection along with stoneskin (waste of MP tho unless you rest before enguaging)
                        and the +MP for drain (btw Cure III is capped (~180) at about 60 for a hume)

RDM - same as WHM but phalx (not clue is this MP cost effetive) and u'll lose erase
                        Blind with abit of +eva gear you'll be missed alot by EMs
                        fast cast makes getting Slow para blind cure drain aspir off alot better
                        finally dispel with enfeebling magic.

BLM - you died k.

i'd like to say one thing about BLM if you have the DoTs Shock Choke Burn and good elemental skill with a few yugado drink you can do the wall assault better than anyother melee also i've heard and will be testing DRK/BLM on under obs as a friend was saying a DRK/BLM can just about pull it off.

on a final note

There are lots of stituations where you may not be able to get a enfeelbler or dispeler or when getting AFs quest missions and a DRK/RDM with capped enfeebling can will the roll nicely for example i was coffer key hunting as a DRK/WHM in castle O and the Yagudo NINs and BLMs need to be silenced and SMN or PLD couldn't do it so i did.

well anyhow i think you should consider these ideas on you guide as i'm sick of DRK being pigeon holed by alot of guides as Elvaan DRK/THFs which you have sucessfly done i really think you should go play DRK/WAR more and DRK/SAM and rewrite this guide

basiclly that my rant done.

Comment

Very informative, and I enjoy this but I must say that the ONE thing I was looking for was not included.

Under equipment, I as wondering about suggestions as to what armor and Extras (Ears, Back, Waist, ect...) that you recommend for the corrosponding levels.

Comment

wb arli great guide!! I would love to see the absorb tp added to the magic section though. I would also love to see recommended pt setup and/or solo set up to obtain these spells.

I read on some thread that drk/rng would be a potent combo. I would love to see someone ponder the merits and drawbacks of such a combo.

Looking at the swordspell thread recently posted i think maybe drk/blm might be workable if you could get the abs spells to land on a regular basis. magic bursting and spellcasting for dam would be just for S & G's. and I read on another site that the amount of stat absorbed goes up as the drk's level goes up. any truth to this?

Comment

Thanks! This will really help since I just started Dark Knight.

Comment

This guide is outdated and inaccurate (multi-hit WS gives back same TP as single hit?! lol.) Not to mention some questionable advices like DRK/MNK for Subtle Blow.

Time to unsticky it and let it retire.
                                Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                                yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                                Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                                leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                                X