Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duoing with a DNC

Hi dancers!

I have a good friend that plans on starting a dancer tonight. I was wondering what might duo well with it. I currently have RDM at 30, and WHM at 22. Is RDM/WHM a decent duo with a Dancer? I'm thinking that that duo would be quite survivable, but very slow at killing.

I have been considering a melee job since DNC can heal. I've been looking into becoming a DRK/WAR, DRK/SAM, or maybe SAM/WAR.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I believe my DNC partner will probably go DNC/MNK or DNC/WHM.

Thanks!

EDIT: Anything that would allow me to sub RDM/WHM might be preferable so we can jump into the game more quickly. But as I am new, I'd rather start a new job now than realize I should have later.
    Last edited by suavebum; 05-23-2011, 06:10 AM. Reason: More Info
    sigpic

Re: Duoing with a DNC

What levels? Are you going to leech your way up the levels past 30 or duo to the cap?

Either way the answer is the same: level jobs you want to play. No point in leveling an optimal duo combination if you don't like the job.

Comment

We will both be starting our main jobs at level 1. As I'm new so far, there is no "Favorite Job" for me so far as I have not tried many. I do enjoy playing as a WHM/RDM, but would also like to try something else, such as DNC/WHM while she tanks as DNC/MNK, or PLD/WAR while she supports as DNC/WHM.
      sigpic

Comment

-Depending on what your friend subs you could try many different combinations since DNC can heal pretty nice and would require minimum support until later level, when you could sub DNC yourself (lvl30+).

-A DD job for you is a good idea because after the 30's DNC takes a dive in terms of damage capabilities in favor of survivability.

-My recommendations for newbie friendly DD jobs would be jobs like WAR, MNK (which can also double as tanks) or even DRG and SAM that aren't as costly at lower level as jobs like RNG. But eventually all jobs will require some investment on better gear, so keep that in mind while leveling up.

-Also, after level 24 Utsusemi:Ichi become available from NIN sub, which coupled with DNC healing could reduce downtime quite a bit if you play it well and it isn't difficult to obtain as a new player. By the time you are able to sub Ni you should already have enough seals for BC runs to fund things like Ni. However this will require spending gil on tools which may or may not be a good idea depending on how good you are at making gil.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Rdm/Nin is a very easily survivable combination. When coupled with a dancer/what ever, you two could survive just about anything really. You could serve as a tank with high hate spells/damage. And take little to no damage when you reach higher levels.

Both dancer and rdm are a force to be reckoned with, and both can hold their own against most stuff.

Rdm/Whm would be a bit redundent if you are looking to deal some damage. I would suggest subbing Warrior, Drk, or even dnc. The dancer could go /thf and dish out some decent damage at higher levels as well.

But as said before, have fun with what you play, and experiment with what you want to try, and play what you want.

Comment

If your main concern is EXPing efficiently then I would go with a DD job. I'd recommend WAR for its versatility - it can Provoke to keep your healer safe, and it can Shield Break to completely ruin the mob's evasion, letting you chain T mobs. Plus heavy armor, Mighty Strikes is awesome in a pinch, and you can sub just about anything and still keep Provoke.

Really though, you could make just about any DD work. Your main concern should be providing damage to make up for the fact that DNC sacrifices damage to heal. Two defensive jobs is safe, but not exactly fast EXP. If you were to go RDM, I'd gear like a melee, max out Enhancing and make full use of Enspells.

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
              -Depending on what your friend subs you could try many different combinations since DNC can heal pretty nice and would require minimum support until later level, when you could sub DNC yourself (lvl30+).

-A DD job for you is a good idea because after the 30's DNC takes a dive in terms of damage capabilities in favor of survivability.

-My recommendations for newbie friendly DD jobs would be jobs like WAR, MNK (which can also double as tanks) or even DRG and SAM that aren't as costly at lower level as jobs like RNG. But eventually all jobs will require some investment on better gear, so keep that in mind while leveling up.

-Also, after level 24 Utsusemi:Ichi become available from NIN sub, which coupled with DNC healing could reduce downtime quite a bit if you play it well and it isn't difficult to obtain as a new player. By the time you are able to sub Ni you should already have enough seals for BC runs to fund things like Ni. However this will require spending gil on tools which may or may not be a good idea depending on how good you are at making gil.
              The always helpful Raydeus! Rozilyn and I were running around last night leveling WAR as she wants to go DNC/WAR (for semi-ok DPS), and I think I'll go PAL/WAR. That should get us through pretty much anything I reckon, with a good survivability and decent damage.

P.S. If you want to help Rozilyn and I get our Paladin quests this week, let me know. See you in the LS!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X