Help me figure out my DNC gearsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me figure out my DNC gearsets

Hey guys; recently hit 90 and would like some help setting gear goals, as I'm unfamiliar with some of the gear at cap. What sets should I be looking to build?

I'm working on two evasion daggers for tanking, and will work on adding other evasion pieces to that as time goes on. if I'm gonna tank do I need to worry about stacking enmity gear?

So that's one set: Evasion

I'm also working on a waltz set: so far on my list i have roundel earring, the DNC af body (which I already have, obviously) DNC relic head, that knife with 10% potency that drops from abyssea (Is it worth working on getting that? There are daggers that will do a lot more damage so I dont know if it's worth offhanding something like that just for the potency). And then the campaign ammo slot for 1%.

Evisceration I'll probably stack DEX? I was thinking I'd fill every slot with as much as possible.

Is the DNC mythic WS worth obtaining? I'm not sure how much I'd use it.

TP I was thinking I'd just stack as much haste as possible, putting in acc where I can't get haste.

Other than the EVA daggers, what should I be working on weaponwise? I'll aim for empyrean eventually but I have other priorities first. I was thinking I'd just do one of the STR Magian daggers and one of the DEX, though I was toying with the idea of working on a multi hit weapon for OH.

Sorry for the wall of text, any constructive input is appreciated.
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Oh god... I have a gardener in my LS.... kill me now

Re: Help me figure out my DNC gearsets

As far as weapons go, if you can tolerte the horrendous grind, the OA2~4 dagger is *amazing* for TP gain.

The Dagger is unfortunately one of the few Empyreans where the WS is rather weak (making the WoE version worthless) and as such a Twilight Knife is likely your best option for a mainhand dagger. The Empyrean IS still worth it (sucks ass that DNC can't use Mandau, it really does...) but only just barely because of the aftermath.

It's debatable whether it's even worth getting for THF main since Rudra's Storm sucks complete ass without Sneak or Trick Attack, making the aftermath the real reason to obtain it which is why I say go for Twilight Knife instead as a DNC, using the OA2~4 dagger in offhand for TP gain since DNC can't use X's Knife either. Don't bother with Rapidus Sax or Auric Dagger, they're not as good as they seem (I personally want to slap the shit out of every THF I see using the RS over X's Knife or Triplus Dagger but oh well)

Other than a Waltz & Evasion set, a strong Haste set for TP and a WS set should be all you really need. Outside of Abyssea you want STR, inside you want DEX and + critical rate/damage gear.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Which weaponskill will be strongest outside of Abyssea, and which one should I use within? I just unlocked evisceration and I heard from a few people that''s my best bet for abyssea. Should I be using that same one outside?

Thanks so much for the input, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Outside of Abyssea I believe Dancing Edge is still best. Evisceration is normally subpar, except inside Abyssea where you can get obscene critical hit stats (it's pretty much crit WS or gtfo)

Pyrrhic Kleos can be decent but I don't think you really need it for anything. It lowers eva & can close darkness (Distortion property) but you can already do that easily enough with quickstep so yeah... if you haven't climbed Nyzul, I wouldn't bother going for it unless you really want it for completion sake. It's not used to trigger any !! inside abyssea, though for all we know these new Void Walker battles will have their own new set of !! triggers.
        sigpic

Comment

Evisceration I'll probably stack DEX? I was thinking I'd fill every slot with as much as possible.
          I don't know what gear is like post-75, but this is generally a bad idea. You want enough Accuracy to land your hits consistently (check your TP return to know if you're missing) and Attack. Double Attack and Crit Rate+ are also good, although Crit Rate+ is bottom tier on this list. Barring all that, STR and DEX.

Comment

What subs should I be leveling? SO far I've got /nin and that's it.

Comment

Thf could be good for dancer, since Dnc already has dual wield. You can use the thf sneak/trick attacks to deal massive amounts of damage every 30 seconds, if you know how to play dancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                I don't know what gear is like post-75, but this is generally a bad idea. You want enough Accuracy to land your hits consistently (check your TP return to know if you're missing) and Attack. Double Attack and Crit Rate+ are also good, although Crit Rate+ is bottom tier on this list. Barring all that, STR and DEX.
                Yeah you have to be selective about it. Max out DEX where you can, but in a sensible manner. Like, don't take +DEX if it means giving up critical hit rate or damage (take note I'm talking purely inside abyssea here) since those two stats trump everything.

The reason is you'll probably use Razed Ruins + Voracious Violet most of the time inside Abyssea, with your 3rd Atma varying with whatever you're doing (I personally prefer Gnarled Horn for the extra AGI & crit rate. Less TP fed to mobs, more evasion, and of course more criticals).

Between the boost you get from NPCs (+40 STR with all 3 abyssites of Furtherance) and Voracious Violet (another 40~50) you'll have all the STR you need; BG's proven that you're better off maxing out WSC modifiers inside Abyssea (except I believe in SAM's case all their big WS have heavy STR mods anyway and no crit ws) because you're likely to be capped on fSTR or too close for more STR to really matter much.

Plus there doesn't seem to be any cap on critical hit rate (though there's a cap on crit dmg of +50%). Outside of abyssea yeah Accuracy & STR would be your primary concerns for WS as is standard for everyone (except for magical WS obviously)
                sigpic

Comment

In Abyssea you want to focus more on ACC for Evis. Atmas and cruor buffs will do the rest. I tried stacking DEX to try and bump up my damage but found it counter-productive as I was less consistent on landing all hits of my WS.
                  sigpic

Comment

^ that's nonsense. Not saying you should forgo accuracy entirely, but it's really, really easy to cap Acc with food & stat buffs/atma alone.

Again, RR + NPC buff (assuming you took the time to get abyssites) = +80 DEX = +40 acc, just from passive DEX increases. Pizza & some gear should take care of the rest, you shouldn't have to actually focus on acc.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X