Dancing my way to lvl 30: Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing my way to lvl 30: Advice?

So as a lot of you know, I have a lvl 90 NIN now. That being the case... I can only go so long before I need to level my DNC from 11-45 so that I don't get mocked anymore.

I read a little bit on the wiki about it and I think I have a plan to get myself to 30 (and then use abyssea to get to 45... I know... I'm doing it the cheap way).

The plan is this:

Level: 11-15
    Zone: K. Highlands
    Target: Rock Eaters

It should be short work to get myself there. I woul'd do FoV but the pages are a little bit difficult due to the distance required to walk to get to some of the targets. As i've come to learn, worms are almost always the best choice to kill simply because of speed and their low HP.

Level: 15-20
    Zone: V. Dunes
    Target: Snippers

I've watched some people fighting them in the past as DNC/MNK and it seems reletively easy once you get to 15 (as long as you're geared appropriately) due to the addition of Waltz to your list of abilities.

Level: 20-25
    Zone: K. Tunnels
    Target: Land Worms from 20-23. Bats from 23-25.

Again, seems really easy to down them, especially once I reach 24 and gain access to /NIN and Utsusemi: Ichi.

Level: 25-30
    Zone: Q. Island
    Target: Land Worms From 25-26. Clippers from 26-28. Pugs from 28-30.

This seems like my best bet because of the level ranges and the ease with witch I should be able to down the targets. If I have trouble, I may just try to organize a group together to form a normal EXP party... but I'd rather take it to 30 solo so that I get a feel for the job and don't just half-ass it.

At 30 I'm going straight to P. Jeuno and gathering an alliance for Dominion and dinging 45.

Once I'm finished, the only other job I still need to take to 45 is THF and that's already 25. Yay THF/NIN solo!

Any advice from you DNC's about this plan? are my targets good? I'm trying to limit the amount of travel involved in seeking out appropriately lvl targets. Think it'll work? Think I can do it in a day?

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Dancing my way to lvl 30: Advice?

I would suggest that you do try and party the job. You will get a lot more experience with healing, and get a better handle on how it plays out I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
      I would suggest that you do try and party the job. You will get a lot more experience with healing, and get a better handle on how it plays out I think.
      I want to... but finding a low lvl party like that is worse than choco dig at this point.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Ya, I know what that is like... Get your LS together and do a LS party if you can?

Comment

Comment

The only problem, per se, that I see is the snippers in the dunes at 15-17. IIRC your damage will be pretty low and it may be quicker to just kill lizzies on the east side of the tunnel. After 17, it isn't a problem anymore. The same issue arises with crabs in Qufim at 26 and 27. It takes awhile to kill each one, though there is no real danger.
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
            X