A little encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A little encouragement

If Dnc had a TP Drain. No matter what the # of tp "Drained" from the monster is, it would be way to power ful IMO.

Also... I don't know why its called "drain" if it actually doesnt drain the monsters Hp. Aspir drains the monsters Mp, but Drain doesnt drain the Hp.

Comment

{/comfort} DNCs... one day they shall all bow down to the power of the ruffles. \('o')/
      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Slight redirect, but DNC is surprisingly useful in a kite-and-nuke fight.

Attempted our first Dea on Sunday with a melee heavy setup, and was getting destroyed by the TP moves (Crippling Slam sucked). Switched to kite style and dragged Dea to the tower entrance to Whitegate while the DDs changed to BLMs, but the DNC player didn't have a BLM so just stayed DNC.

Between times when able to catch up to Dea to melee and No Foot Rise, there was more than enough TP and Finishing Moves to keep up Stutter Step to lower magic evasion and Desperate Flourish for gravity effect. Excess TP was used on WS and cures as appropriate.

DNC's usefulness in a kite-and-nuke fight was really a surprise to me, as I'm so used to seeing the job used as healer and back-up tank in standing fights where TP is easy to get. It was really an eye opener to see this job shine even with limited TP'ing opportunities.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I believe I've mentioned it before, but I once went to sky as war/dnc and desparate flourish'd Uli 3/3 times. I saw at least 2 gravity resists from the RDMs. Maybe bad weather day for gravity. But it makes me wonder about the accuracy of DF. An enfeeble tied directly to melee accuracy?
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Please do DNCs the good service of {/tell}ing them to level another/real {job}. The following are just some examples (off the top of my head) as to why DNC:

A) ... is {Too Weak}.

B) ... should not be given any chance of proving themselves …EVER.

… and above all…

C) ...should be shunned at all costs whenever they reply to any WG {/shout}s. This includes, but is not limited to, Events/fights, LS recruitment, Tele's, and (of course) buying items.

~ In CoP’s “The Savage” while everyone rested while the dragon was slept, I faced away from him, still engaged, and spammed steps… by the time he woke he was incredibly enfeebled to casters + DD… and I had 200+ TP. Ez fights aren’t fun…

~ Duo-Tanked Promathia with Prishe. Promathia had no chance. Again… ez fights aren’t fun.

~ In an Assault, I tanked Mamool mobs so they'd break doors down. We had failed several prior attempts with PLD tanking; but, my evasion made the Mamool WSs whiff-city so they actually struck the prisoner’s gates. Go fig another thing made too ez by DNC.

~ I've solo'd all the Ul'mobs in outer areas of {sea} aside from the UFO's (Nude-ga sounds fun but it isn’t fun solo). An open faced Ul'Phuabo took a Building Flourish (2) + Wild Flourish + Dancing Edge (100% TP) for 3044 dmg. So probably more with 3 steps for the Building and more TP on the WS makes too much potential for more damage. I’ve not gotten involved with any organized runs of {sea} as of yet to see how DNC does further up the food chain.

~ In Dynamis ... my rule is: Me last. Whm's you when you Waltz them instead of yourself. After all, they can Raise you if/when you die. Put me in the BLM party and those sleepers will survive longer... thus, the alliance will live longer as well. An instant 600+ HP on a Tarutaru makes a happy and healthy Taru. Keeping DNC in a DD party for the sambas is kinda a waste of potential imHo… you’ll only get frustrated attempting to keep up healing for 3+ SAMs all pulling Dyna-Mob hate with their Haguns wondering why the WHM has been “afk” soooooo long.

~ Recently I tanked the rest of Sandy Rank 10 fight when my RDM buddy accidentally cast Warp instead of Sleep after we’d gotten only 2-3 mobs into the fight. Woulda beaten the entire first wave (basically by myself) if time had allowed. Booted from the battle field on the last mob with 20% HP. … again… Ez fights aren’t fun and something really needs to be done.

~ In Campaign: YOU ARE GOD. Can’t explain that feeling… you just have to endure that heavy burden yourself to understand the pain.

DNCs really just need to be confined to an animal-pen with signs posted “Please do not feed the dancers”… though that would be too close to real life dancers, I guess. I’ve heard rumor of a thread devoted to listing grievances against DNCs out there somewhere. Maybe if we all band together against this scourge, we can talk SE into just taking away the job altogether on the next update.

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m

Comment

Nice post Neverslip....I'm glad DNC is so awesome after 75. Can't wait! (DNC 70)

Comment

First off if you or SE ever kick DNC from the game I will kill you all , DNC is my most favorite job. Next DNC in a merit party is the best as I have been in one. But serious I wouldn't even have a RDM/WHM, the party set up we had was this. DNC/NIN; COR/WHM; BRD/NIN; WAR/NIN (First Voke); SAM/NIN and DRK/NIN. Best set up ever we didnt merit for long but in that maybe an hour I got over 30k/hr no band at all. For all the people who complain about DNC just have never leveled them so I don't care what they say it's the best I built my TP faster than the SAM. No healer needed in a merit party with DNC all you need to Drain Samba I didn't go past DS2. I always had plenty of TP the only time I didn't is when that Greater Colibri took it but still built it back to 300 in less than a minute. The only food I use is Tuna Sushi which is the only food that DNC needs. Hell as you can see above no tank is needed only a First Voke as the DD kills it to fast to even worry about it.

Comment

More to my list:

~ Main-healed WSNMs w/o any KO's which also turned me into the tank (dagger and sword). I know... people want more death at those things... sorry.

~ Main-healed ToAU Fomor fights (grave & pirate ship) cuz our WHM was MIA... I thought TP drain was supposed to be DNC's bane or some junk.

~ Used Lex talionis to upgrade from GOD in campaign to w/e the F is above GOD ... I'm guessing that might be Golden GOD ??

~ Won a /dance contest against Chuck Norris... but he KO'd me in the staring competition in 2 sec (1 sec more than any other immortal or mortal for that matter).

... I can't emphasize enough how useless we DNC's are... the community must continue their boycot against us. I can't imagine how useless we become at 99DNC. I believe we get an ability called Failsauce 75+ ... pretty sure I remember SE saying that.

Comment

The new updates to job abilities only hurt to look upon... peruse at your own risk. If you are faint of heart, I suggest Cheerios... or something... this is gonna be ugly.

~ Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
                    Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.

~ Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
                    Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.

~ Tactical Parry........... DNC Lv.77...............Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack.

~ Skillchain Bonus.......... DNC Lv.45...............Improves skillchain damage.

~ Conserve TP............. DNC Lv.77................Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills.

~ Dancers will be able to perform the ability "Cure Waltz" on non-party members.

~ The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.

What on earth is SE thinking?!?!?!? Now we've been made even more useless. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE !!!! I will definitely be calling my state-representatives to complain ad-nauseum. I can't believe it. There is no /facepalm that quantifies the feeling I get from my palm fully covering my brow.. now the community has absolutely no reason to wish us to come along EVER. All the more reason to stick us Dancers out on Purugunobanahammock island and Meteor the holy Hades out of us. <sidenote-oh Hades how I miss thee (ToT)

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!!

Comment

... Sarcasm. This is definitely yellow faced sarcasm.

Comment

Working...
                      X