Just so I'm clear. Re-upping a Roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just so I'm clear. Re-upping a Roll

I just want to be perfectly clear about roll mechanics and I can't seem to find anyone referencing this particular case. So here goes. Last night:

If I were a level 40 COR in Crawlers Nest, and my party consisted of:
    WAR/NIN
    DNC/NIN
    RNG/NIN
    COR/RNG
    RDM/WHM
    WHM/BLM

I was rotating 4 Buffs from the start of the fight until about halfway. The melee were getting Hunter's and Chaos while I was giving the mages Healer's and Evoker's. I switched it up a little to make it easier on everyone but me.
    Evokers >> Hunters >> Healer's >> Chaos.
    Mostly it was priorit based and ensured that nobody was without both rolls.... ever. Halfway through the fight the WHM told me that he was hardly ever healing... and that he and the RDM decided that Evoker's was enough. I thanked them and dropped to a 3 roll rotation. This is the first time someone asked me to do that... so I got confused. I wasn't sure if their current Evoker's Roll would be replaced by another if I cast it on them again.

Clarifying:

(00:01)Roll Evoker's Roll... get an 8
    (01:14)Return to melee, roll Hunter's, get a 9... woot(ish)
    (02:20)Stay with melee, roll Chaos, get a 4... woot
    At this point I no longer have Evoker's on myself... so I can roll it again...
    (03:28)Return to mages, roll Evoker's get a 5... nice

The mages only had Evoker's Roll on them for 3 minutes. When I rerolled it... does it REPLACE the previous roll... or does it STACK numbers with the previous roll? In otherwords... would their 8 become a 5? Or did it get erased for busting? This is something I need to know if I'm ever going to do a rotation like that again.

The mages didn't complain and I didn't think to ask them about it until well after the party had disbanded. You'd think if it was getting busted/erased they would have said something to me.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Just so I'm clear. Re-upping a Roll

Yup your new roll will overwrite "your" roll, so it will "overwrite" the parties rolls also

Unless you already have that roll active. Because that would make doulbe up... less useful

Comment

awsome... tyvm

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
        X