Spinal Cleave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Cleave

Any insight on where the best place to learn Spinal cleave would be? I have been farming the damn spell for a good hour or two a day for the past week and I can't seem to get any of the damn asshats to use it. I have tried Qutrubs in Arrapaggo Reef as well as the Lamia Idolater that roam close to the Dvucca Staging point, but they don't seem to use it. Also, it seemed I had a terrbile run of bad luck last night, when I died 8 times in an hour and a half because all of a sudden there was like a permanent paralyze effect on me, as soon as I removed it, it was instantly back on. EVERY FIGHT. Not sure if anyone would know why all of a sudden that was being spammed on me? Lightningsday/Lightsday. I have killed them in that area before, and paralyze was never that much of an issue. It was brutal. I am guessing critical hits are required to break their weapon so they use the dagger?
    Shiva Server
    Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
    Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
    99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
    95<SAM>><PLD>97
    75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
    <SMN80>

sigpic

Re: Spinal Cleave

I wish I had an answer. I have yet to learn it myself. Though to be fair, I haven't really missed it.

Comment

Drudging this up since I'm curious, myself. Maybe you already got it. I hope so since it's almost been a month.. but at a guess, I would try Abyssea-Tahrongi. I got Anmating Wail there rather easy so I'd definitely go back to beat the snot outta those Qutrubs again because of the Aby-buffs.
      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

You need to "break" their weapon in order for them to use spinal cleave, which means you need to land a decent critical hit (i tend to go as thf when helping blu's learn this spell) otherwise they will never use spinal cleave.

From one BLU to another though, its pretty useless if you're already lvl 90 though. I honestly waited to get it till I was 75 (before the cap increase) since I wanted to have ALL the spells.
        Originally posted by Van Wilder
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
        Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

I wonder if that's the case in Aby... when I got Frenetic Rip I got it in AbyVunk and as far as we could tell the Imps were using it w/o us seeing their horns being broke. Was taken by a couple 'old-timer' BLUs and they thought it odd at the time.
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Load up on as much dex+ equipment and go to Arrapeggo Reef. Kill the Qutrubs there, not the Lamia (Qutrubs are lower level) Melee and use Vorpal Blade. I noticed a huge difference even only a couple of extra DEX gave. It was a bitch to learn, but once I did this, I broke the weapon much more frequently than hoping to crit without extra dex.

I tried in Aby-Kon, but even with atma's RR and Gnarled horn (increasing crit rate) I didn't see them break their weapon. Not sure if they use the spell down there, that was my experience though.
            Shiva Server
            Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
            Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
            99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
            95<SAM>><PLD>97
            75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
            <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

The ones in the mire can also teach it, at the Dvucca Isle Staging Point. I went in a big group last night and finally grabbed it.

Comment

All BLU really needs are the yellow !! proc spells... jk, don't hurt me.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X