X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got no clue what to merit!

Any tips?

Re: Got no clue what to merit!

disregard... Was looking from phone and didn't see it was in blue mage forums
    Last edited by Neverslip; 08-01-2010, 07:21 PM.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

haha its ok

Comment

For BLU specifically or in general?

MP 8/8
        STR 5/5
        Sword Skill 8/8
        Evasion 4/4 (I think BLU has a C rating?)
        Physical Potency 5/5

Those are the no-brainers, all very helpful to BLU pretty much all the time. The rest of it kind of varies with your playstyle and what you intend to do at end game.

Chain Affinity Recast can be very nice as feeding TP into attacks can have a pretty big impact on damage with some spells (like Death Scissors). Monster Correlation effects can be handy too, but I would actually learn more towards magic accuracy instead for spells like Sheep Song and MP Drain Kiss.

For your tier 2, I would strongly recommend 5/5 Assimilation so you can broaden your spell variety.

Convergence is complete crap IMO, as it's only good for BLU nukes which are mostly lol. Yes they are situationally useful, but you're not going to be nuking on BLU with any real frequency. Honestly it comes down to Enchainment and Diffusion;

5/5 Enchainment can be great when combined with Chain Affinity recast to really power out strong spells. I would however put at the very least 1 point into diffusion, if not max it out. BLU has some incredibly powerful self-targetting buffs that can be AoE with it, like Battery Charge which gives 4/tic Refresh.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X