BST (makeshift) Camp Guide 76-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST (makeshift) Camp Guide 76-80

I'm bored and it's quiet, so here we go. I think SE will destroy this makeshift guide by adjusting the mobs I mention here too, so...

Just to clarify I've deliberately not listed some areas here. In the past the beastmen are on steroids. i.e. Pashhow Marshlands, those quadavs are ridicously overpowered even for a level 68-70 Electrum Cap (good pets in their own rights, it's a funguar!) cannot reliably take down a Level 71-74 Quadav with your help. Although this may be deliberate by SE, as stuff was meant to be more powerful in the past, but who knows.

I have yet to try but if we shift the scale up then Beadeaux (S) is also not going to work for post 75 levelling.

This may be a bit early but I like to plan ahead.

76-77

The Boyahda Tree

Duh!!! It's depressing but oh well.

Pet: Korrigan (72-75)
    Prey: Elder Goobue (73-76)

An Even Match Korrigan will have absolutely no problems destroying any form of Elder Goobue at 75, but since you'll be 76 here there is no way to tell the Korrigans apart, so... just be aggressive. Infact if you want some cash I think spamming this place (although you'll probably encounter 20+ other BSTs) would be very ideal. A bit slow but ideal still I think.

Ifrit's Cauldron

I think the only high level bombs are the ones near Ash Dragon...

Pet: Ash Lizard (73-76)
    Prey: Volcanic Bomb (71-78)

The ones near the core of the volcano I think are lower level. Might not be reliable enough I think.

Alternatively, hunt Hurricane Wyverns (75-78)

On RDM/BST here it usually takes me 2 lizzies to down a Wyvern. Should be the same on BST main.

Ru'Aun Gardens

Pet: Flamingo (72-74)
    Prey: Groundskeeper (75-78)

To be honest I'm sick of sky, I don't want to come up here. You'll most likely need 2 birds to take 1 Doll down. But combined with FoV (Page 3) this might actually be a good spot. I just hate pet swapping though. Meltdown is also deadly if used early and if you don't stun it early enough.

* PENDING TESTING * La Vaule (S)

Pet: Fighting Smilodon (75-78)
    Prey: Fighting Smilodon (75-78)
    Lower Tier Orcs (77-79)
    Seneschal Imp (77-79)

Dependant on mob locations. I view Orcs as overpowered, even in Campaign their Counterstance move really sucks... tiger vs tiger might suck due to Roar, if one goes off early.

77-78

*PENDING TESTING* Beaucedine Glacier [S]

Pet: Icefang Tiger (77-78)
    Prey: Glacial Imp (79-80)

This is dependant on the location of the imps. I do not think the Gigas will make good prey for now, will go out and test via the use of Familar as the update approaches in June.

*PENDING TESTING* Xarcabard [S]

Pet: Caracal (77-78, Lynx type mobs)
    Prey: Anything else, but imps also available, Ruly Imp (81)

Unsure how strong the demons and gigas are, but it may prove to be a dangerous spot

The Boyahda Tree/Dragon's Aery

Yeh we're here again =(

Deeper inside you'll find millions of untouched Bark Tarantula. Make them kill each other.

Pet: Bark Tarantula (75-79 @ Tree, 77-80 @ Dragon's Aery)
    Prey: Bark Tarantula (75-79 @ Tree, 77-80 @ Dragon's Aery)

If you're in the Aery, help out the HNMLSes by claiming those Darters!
    NOTE: I forget but apparently the Darters in Dragon's Aery behave funny? I know it's about Alliance hate but if you're solo I think there should be no problems. And if Fafnir is up try and solo that (lol)

Alternatively...

Arrapago Reef

Lahama (Sea Monk/Kraken) are 76-79 here. However a lot of mobs in this area may prove absolutely too tough to take down reliably with 1 pet. I've found that they're much tougher here. A DC leech near the Staging Point could rarely take down a DC Lamia even with your help.

There also isn't many Lahamas to go around, or they are fairly scattered... however this is a good zone to utilise this pimp hat for charming:

Pet: Lahama
    Prey: Anything that's EM or Tough, but might prove tricky due to their seemingly enhanced strength. Jnun's are 77-80 but they are too widespread.

Mount Zhayolm

I believe the Mountain Clots are a bit far from some mobs but they're found in the tunnels which connect most places together. I think it's possible there's one area (I need to investigate in person) that may be linked closely with Wamoura Prince's.

Mountain Clots are always an absolute bitch to charm though, so that struggle may not be worth it. I fail often in CHR+40~ gear.

1 Clot should have absolutely no issue tanking a whole fight against a Wamoura Prince. If I can confirm this spot you might be able to grind to 80 here no prob.

Pet: Mountain Clot (72-75)
    Prey: Wamoura Prince (79-81)

Kuftal Tunnel

Ya we're back over here now...

Pet: Ovinnik (77-79)
    Prey: Greater Cockatrice (78-80)

Still not an ideal place in my opinion. Tigers are also a bitch to charm but not as bad as slimes. The birds can petrify your pet. And silence you too. Will probably be a bit slow...

Alternatively, there are wyverns down there (Ladon, 80-82) but as mentioned they're quite tough mobs to take down, may require more than 1 tiger unless you get a lucky Roar going off. Swapping midfight is too dangerous due to charm rate.

Gustav Tunnel

Oh hey it's the other tunnel!

Pet: Demonic Pugil (73-76)
    Prey: Typhoon Wyvern (78-80)

I believe 2 pugils (and there are plenty) should be able to handle a Wyvern no prob. But Dread Shriek and Radiant Breath kinda suck .... sub WHM here.

78-79/80

Bhaflau Thickets

Seriously running out of ideas now. Grab a Sea Puk by the Staging Point and try a Mamool, but I think their combination of high HP, destructive TP moves (Firespit, unless it's Firesday, Warm Up, Somersault, etc) and linking probability will most likely get you killed. Plus you'll compete with Merit Parties who are probably also burning to 80...

Pet: Sea Puk (77-78)
    Prey: Mamools (81-83)

If you can get in a trio of BSTs I think this should work out a bit better.

Mamook

This spot should be more quieter and you'll be able to utilise the 78-79 level Slimes here! Although I haven't been here as much (who has?) but the location of these slimes should be close to the highest level Mammols here.

Pet: Brei (77-78 ; these are slimes)
    Sea Puk (76-78)
    Spinner (79-81)
    Prey: Highest Level Mamools (81-83, WHM, THF, BLU, NIN, although the THF's massive evasion may mean your pet will struggle to kill it)
    Battle Bugard (77-78), 1 slime should destroy it no prob
    Watch Wyvern (81-83), I don't think I've ever pitched a slime against a wyvern, I'm unsure how they'll fare. Pet swapping is not recommended due to the anal charm rate
    Spinner (79-81), I know these are found in tunnels but I'm unsure how close the are to the other mobs, but since spiders group together usually you should do Spinner vs Spinner where possible.

You'll be able to use that pimp hat here though ... /dance

Caedarva Mire

No brainer here.

Pet: Spongilla Fly (78-79)
    Prey: Heraldic Imp (79-81)

The [S] camps mentioned above at 77-78 could be utitlised to 80, after testing.

Feel free to chip in though... I have posted this on my server forums (QCDN.org) too to gather some ideas. Will update/modify this thread as I gather information from both areas.

* UPDATE 1: Some ideas chipped in from the other forum resulted in the addition of Glacier and Xarc (both in the past), La Vaule and Caedarva Mire. I overlooked the Mire for sure.
    Last edited by LadyKiKi; 03-04-2010, 07:26 AM.
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Re: BST (makeshift) Camp Guide 76-80

I like it so far ^^

· PENDING TESTING * La Vaule (S)

Lower Tier Orcs (77-79)
    Seneschal Imp (77-79)

Dependant on mob locations. I view Orcs as overpowered, even in Campaign their Counterstance move really sucks... tiger vs tiger might suck due to Roar, if one goes off early.

To be honest…I hope not. The area is extremely friendly to Bsts for SCNM farming (or even some of the NM drops). i haven’t seen too many areas with tigers other than near the All-Seeing Eye. A couple others scattered but grouped with other Orcs iirc.

And yea…those Orcs are of a different breed. They are way stronger than they con. ‘Tough’ my ass.

Mamook

This spot should be more quieter and you'll be able to utilise the 78-79 level Slimes here! Although I haven't been here as much (who has?) but the location of these slimes should be close to the highest level Mammols here.

Pet: Brei (77-78 ; these are slimes)
    Sea Puk (76-78)
    Spinner (79-81)
    Prey: Highest Level Mamools (81-83, WHM, THF, BLU, NIN, although the THF's massive evasion may mean your pet will struggle to kill it)
    Battle Bugard (77-78), 1 slime should destroy it no prob
    Watch Wyvern (81-83), I don't think I've ever pitched a slime against a wyvern, I'm unsure how they'll fare. Pet swapping is not recommended due to the anal charm rate
    Spinner (79-81), I know these are found in tunnels but I'm unsure how close the are to the other mobs, but since spiders group together usually you should do Spinner vs Spinner where possible.

You'll be able to use that pimp hat here though ... /dance

I’m interested in this camp though. Normally (as a shell) we go there to kill Dragonscaled Ja Blah blah for Beast Bazubands, Zizzy Z or Charmrosh the znm. I actually really like this zone. Lots of spiders/lizards/slimes and mamools. I see potential
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Hi Lady,

I was leaving work yesterday and didn’t get to add as much as I wanted. Just wanted to throw my thoughts in.

The Boyahda Tree
      Not sure how this place will be after 75. Even solo meriting/farming up there is very slow. Very hard to get chain 4s since DC goobs will be mixed in.

Ifrits Cauldron, Dragons Avery, Beauc Glacier [s] & Xarcabars[s], Kuftal Tunnel, Gustav Tunnel, Bhaflau Thickets
      All seem to have potential.

Ru’Aun Gardens
      This might be good for a Bst duo focusing on FoV page 3. Since dolls don’t drop extremely fast (with the exception of meltdown) you can probably work though 2 pages w/in an hour. And you can pop despot which is an easy duo…and easy money. Element pages are a waste of time for not much more reward.

La Vaule [s] & Mamook (commented already)

Arrapago Reef
      No comment…not much experience in this area

Mount Zhayolm
      Mountain Clots are always an absolute bitch to charm though, so that struggle may not be worth it. I fail often in CHR+40~ gear.

Though is a nice option…I personally would avoid this place like the plague. I’ve come here to help numerous LS Bsts get their Lion Tamers and those clots are friggen horrible to charm. With 72+63 Chr and an Apollo staff I still have horrible issues charming a clot. There was a time I missed 7 times before I finally hit the floor.

Caedarva Mire
      Might be a great option. As a solo Smn on Imps I get great xp per kill. On bst (using sheep/oils) the xp is great also, just slower/more dangerous.

One I’d like to add.
      Certainly not the greatest place but I have merited solo in Den of Rancor on a few occasions. The camp area is near Hakutaku area. It’s were the NM Ogama spawns. Realized this was a pretty decent camp while trying to pop him.

Den of Rancor

Pets: Million Eyes
      Prey: Doom Toads

The spot has 3 Doom toads (VT). They take some time to kill and require 1-2 pet swaps but the xp was pretty solid per kill. And you can get low chains off them. If SE added 1 or 2 more toads the place would be amazing.

Pros
      -Tons of pets to choose from
      -A couple safe spots to fight
      -First pet has a chance to first off some nice nukes (using sic with <100tp)

Cons
      -will require pet swaps with million eyes…not the easiest to charm.
      -you may pop the NM Ogama. Which means 1 less mob. Also VERY hard to solo as he starts losing health.
      -long hike to get to.
      -might require snk at some times.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Aegis just started

Comment

All of that looks very depressing. The only one that looks like it could actually be good (BST good, which means mediocre) would be flies vs. imps in the Mire at 78...for all of 1-2 lvls. Everything else reminds me of some of the worst BST leveling spots from 1-75, where you have to dodge agro just to pull in 1500/hr.

Comment

Kinda stumbled on a new spot this weekend… (sorta). Could have potential.
          A buddy and I were working on the weaker version of the OAT Magian Axe (kill 300 lizards) and decided to hit Den of Rancor via Yhaotar Jungle. Figured we’d get some decent xp per kill. After a few rounds of pucks vs Tormentors we noticed the Opos there were VT.

I’m thinking once you hit 76 or 77, most of the lizards and pucks will be at least EM and the Opos will be Tough.
          Soooo, Lizards/Pucks vs Opos.

-(Pucks may intimidate Opos)
          -(Opos may intimidate Torms)

The wiki lvls of these mobs might be a little off but not 100% sure since I didn’t run around the whole map checking all of them.
          It says Opo are 78-80 and Tormentor 75-79. But most of the lizards that I saw were EM or Tough and all the Opos I saw were VT (again, I didn’t check the whole map for lvl variation). There are about 6 easy accessible Opos and plenty of Tormentors/Pucks.

I would label this camp extremely dangerous though (which makes it more fun right?)
          Lizards link if you miss charm
          Pucks agro to sound and also link
          Opos are sight (maybe sound too) and link

It’s got “FUN” written all over it.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Aegis just started

Comment

I also considered that camp but was against listing it, their Spinning/Aoe Claws attack is stupidly powerful especially at that level and they have annoying special moves on top.

Sure, it could be fun but I think overall I think it'd be more annoying than fun lol.

Only a few days to go. Infact this guide might be ripped apart if they adjust the levels of the mobs
            [LadyKiKi]
            Soloed to 75

Comment

Yeah I agree. That’s why I threw ‘extremely dangerous’ on there.
              Come to think of it, they do have a ton of TP moves. Until the other day, I never used opos as pet or prey (unless i had to charm one while running for my life).

I like extremely dangerous once in a while though. It’s good practice.

Only a few days to go.
              I’ve been busy at work . Do we know what date the update is on?

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Aegis just started

Comment

Hey Lady (or whoever else is interested), not sure if you’ve tested many areas yet. I haven’t been xping much, I’ve been exploring Abyssea stuff.
                I did however look around last night for a short time.

First off…sky sucks...
                Bird vs dolls took 2-3 swaps; xp didn’t seem that good either. FoV pages did make up for some of the loss but I hate relying on them…and 11 dolls takes a while.

Den of Rancor - Fighting Opos, as discussed above
                I came here as lvl 76. All lizards checked DC-EM. This is NOT a good soloing spot. I used lizards’ vs Opos and went through about 4 swaps.

This is however, not a bad duo spot. 2 lizards vs Opo do ‘ok’ at best. They are a nice back up pet. 2 Puks fuking rock them ><. I went /dnc (which I do not ‘highly’ recommend) and my buddy went /whm. We level synced to 75. Xp was 100-200 per kill and got a couple chain 4s. Keep in mind though since we were 75, some of the puks were tough. So xp might be slightly better. Probably be nice with a ring charge.

Pulling at times can be a pain. Basically what I did was send the puk in, link everything then Leave/Charm the puk. My partner snagged the opo once out of linking area. Zones are close. There are 7 Opos in the area so once you finish, the first few shouldn’t take too long to pop.

I do not suggest /dnc unless you have someone to help you. You pretty much have no defense vs a misscharm. I only survived because I have movement speed (also Tame/Feral Howl). /dnc is good when fighting though. Their TP move does hurt but never anything I couldn’t handle (and I’m taru). If it can be absorbed by shadows then /nin is your best bet. These are still Tough+ at 76. Going to do there again tonight probably and get a better idea.

I heard from a friend, a fellow bst who transferred worlds, that at 77 (I think), Flys vs Imp in CM is awesome. I’m about 20k tnl so I’ll check that out as well.

I’m very much looking forward to the 77-78 levels. I really wanna try the Mamook spot you listed (I love that zone for some reason).

what about you...have you found anything?

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Aegis just started

Comment

Sorry I've not been playing the last or so 3 weeks because the marbles killed my ability to do anything. With some MNK gear on me I've pretty much been sat in the tree MNK/BST doing nothing lol.

I haven't started yet but am investigating/planning in my head.

Seems like you've pretty much crashed into my expectations:

Dolls in sky has always sucked, especially on BST. On SAM/BST I'm able to take a doll down with 1 bird, but that's a different type of thing, usually at the risk of my 3eyes dropping at the worst possible times.

Opos, as I discussed with you above, are annoying, and you've discovered this too it seems now.

Your friend who is 77, how does he manage the flies in the mire? Granted, I exclusively carry no AF gear on me nowadays (inventory, yada yada, although I wished I did keep my AF+1 items now and upgraded all my BST AF), but the flies are 78-79. Charming T mobs aren't really an issue to me, but getting the imp down in under 2 minutes is the issue, plus a slight EXP cut.

----

I posted this 1 hour later after a bit of thinking.

I'm intending to go into The Boyhada Tree and do Leech vs Darters by the Ancient Goobue area, depending if the area is packed or not. While on MNK/BST last night I noticed a significant amount of people (not BST) in the tree skilling up, so I'm not sure if they are all over Steelshells only or everything else. Failing this I will venture deeper inside the tree and do Bark Spider vs Bark Spider.

If it all proves too crowded because people are desperate, I will simply hang in Sky and FoV it. Doing page 1 I can take down 1 bird with no attention on my part, and pots only require a tiny bit of attention. As I'm finishing later at work lately it's become slightly difficult for me to dedicate some effort and go and squat down at a camp to do some EXPing.

I have already begun to detail this stuff in my quasi-blog, will let you know the URL sooooooon.
                  [LadyKiKi]
                  Soloed to 75

Comment

I duo’d at 75 in sky last night for a couple pages. As expected, the area is somewhat heavily camped at the moment. And I am talking the God islands too. Even with 2 Bsts it’s slow and boring. 2 bird get the job done…little faster if you melee but…still not a great choice imo.

Not sure if you’re strictly solo, but Opos in Rancor are good for duo. Seems like the main danger would be mischarming and linking…but a ton of camps are like that for bst.
                    Solo is not recommended. That’s an area you probably want to avoid multiple swapping.

Your friend who is 77, how does he manage the flies in the mire? Granted, I exclusively carry no AF gear on me nowadays (inventory, yada yada, although I wished I did keep my AF+1 items now and upgraded all my BST AF), but the flies are 78-79. Charming T mobs aren't really an issue to me, but getting the imp down in under 2 minutes is the issue, plus a slight EXP cut.
                    It very well could have been lvl 78 then. He jumped servers and we talk through messages. I sometimes don’t notice replies (nor does he) so simple convos can take an hour lol. Maybe it was a typo or I misread it. But he did say it worked pretty well.

I have another bst friend at lvl 76 who said he was doing good with Tigers Vs Cocktrice in Kuftal. I personally wasn’t their though so I can’t confirm.

I joined up with 3-4 other Bsts yesterday and we did Trolls in Mount Z. We’re certainly not as good as TP burns but we were getting chain 4s and the occasional chain 5. This camp was nice because we were doing a circle of 5 trolls (sometimes a troll’s Automation mixed in). We were keeping up pretty well with repops. On top of that, I was getting some nice skillups. Got to try out some of the lvl76 jugs.

If your looking for something relatively easy, I was in The Eld Nec (not going to try and spell that ><) working on a Magian trial. I need to kill undead so I dropped down to the coffer key skeletons. I popped an anniversary charge and was getting 100-150 per kill. But they were going down fast. Lots of EPs, easily went through my charge w/in less than an hour. If you’re going as Bst, I suggest the new HQ rabbit. It can cure both of you and eliminate some down time or save you some gil on Zetas.

Unfortunately if your anything /bst down there…it would be useless.

I have already begun to detail this stuff in my quasi-blog, will let you know the URL sooooooon.
                    Hurry up! <I’m interested>

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                    -Verth (90) Completed!!
                    -Guttler (95) Completed!
                    -Aegis just started

Comment

Ok, time for a little update. I had a huge weekend with possibly some new findings. Did a lot of xping this weekend. I’m about 10k tnl (will be 79). Sorry Lady…but not many of these work for /bst

75-76
                      Might just have to duke out low xp for this level. As I mentioned I did some FoV pages, Trolls in a group and duo’d in Den of Rancor. Also, a lot of that xp came from killing 600 skeletons for my Magian trial.

76-79
                      Beaucedine Glacier [s], Jugs Vs Floating Skull/Imps

This probably isn’t a ‘new’ camp but I was up there a lot this weekend and it was pretty good. At 76 you can use the new jugs. Grab a stack of the Couerl Jugs and head toward the Niue Tower. The safest spot (imo) is to camp right in the beginning part of the alley toward Nue tower (@F/G-8). Your prey is the floating skulls and Imps. I went /whm. You pretty much just Dia pull skulls to your camp area.

The first few might be a little tough since you and your pet have no TP. . I started each fight with Stone skin and blink and rested both me and my pet after every kill. The reason I suggest the Courel is because it has a silencing TP move. And since you’re fighting BLM mobs…it really comes in handy (and it’s 1 charge). When fighting, anytime you see a devastating spell about to happen (gaIII, AM or IV) I used chaotic strike, Smash Axe WS or Feral Howl. 90% I could stop them. The other times I was saved by blink or Shell/Stoneskin.

I generally didn’t do much about Ice Spikes other than Barparalyze. A duo here is even better. Have someone go /sch and they can dispel Ice Spikes.

Solo I was getting 180-250+ per kill (no ring) and got as high as chain 4 sometimes. Later I had a Bst and Smn friend join, we were getting I think 120-170 per kill and getting as high as chain 10. If you rest after each pull and don’t get too crazy, you can probably get through a couple hours with 1 jug.

You might be able to do this as /bst by getting an icefang, but they are on the other side of the map…long hike.

77-79
                      Xarcabard [s]

Pretty much the same as above fighting Cointechs. They seem a little harder but not much. Theirs a fairly safe spot to camp at F-7/8 against the wall. Same mobs, different area.

78-79 (maybe 80)
                      Caedarva Mire

Flys vs Imps. Your best bet is to convert 2 flies to EM and just swap between those 2. Never helped melee and never needed to swap during a fight. ~200xp per kill. If not crowded, this is an ideal bst solo camp.

*PENDING TESTING* Xarcabard [s]

Pet: Caracal (77-78, Lynx type mobs)
                      Prey: Anything else, but imps also available, Ruly Imp (81)

Unsure how strong the demons and gigas are, but it may prove to be a dangerous spot
                      Caracal mobs are higher than 78. Possibly 79-81. At 78 they were all Tough and I think I even saw a VT. This might be a viable 79-80 camp. I’ll be trying it out soon.

-----------------
                      Sorry >< forgot to add

* PENDING TESTING * La Vaule (S)

Lower Tier Orcs (77-79)
                      Seneschal Imp (77-79)

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I tried this camp at 76. With a Trio you can fight the higher Tier Orcs with just the pugils in the river. I didn’t melee much…their counter attack really fuked me up. Xp wasn’t bad but their was another party there so we ended up moving. We also tried the lower tier orcs with tigers…fast kills but low xp. Only the imps provided respectable xp but there’s not many around..

I later tried solo. I guess the place is not considered ‘outside’ because the orcs were not popping back up in 5 minutes. Even solo I was able to clear the area with ease. The solo xp was ‘ok’.

Mount Zhayolm

I believe the Mountain Clots are a bit far from some mobs but they're found in the tunnels which connect most places together. I think it's possible there's one area (I need to investigate in person) that may be linked closely with Wamoura Prince's.

1 Clot should have absolutely no issue tanking a whole fight against a Wamoura Prince. If I can confirm this spot you might be able to grind to 80 here no prob.

Pet: Mountain Clot (72-75)
                      Prey: Wamoura Prince (79-81)
                      Tried this camp as well (I think at 77). Clots are a pain to charm, no doubt. Unfortunately 1 clot will not always take out a wamoura prince. While meleeing, it looked like this would be a great spot…until the wamoura prince used it’s blaze spike move…the damage started ripping us apart. I ended up dying because I was forced to swap pets. Could have survived if I didn’t mischarm my second clot 3 times.

Unless you have some form of dispel, I do not suggest. Couldn’t tell if the xp was good…that was my first and only attempt.
                      Last edited by Romyro; 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Aegis just started

Comment

I have nothing beneficial to report on but I can clarify/add to your experiment to Mount Zhayolm. Initially because I do not fight these mobs often I was unaware of their destructive Blaze Spikes.

A BST on my server says it's excellent EXP, if they do not use that Blaze Spikes move. Apparently hard to dispel even from RDM sub, as that's the only combo that can dispel and the only combo to solo somewhat efficiently. Hearing this, I went to try BST/BLU - blank gaze. It failed to land a single time on mobs in Sky (Light Elementals and Sprinkers) so I assume it's based on skill instead of accuracy

Otherwise, due to their weakness in magic, he has tried Primal Rend (with a good build) for 800+ damage, then kited the thing while the Clot beats it up (it moves slow).

You may want to consider (I've yet to level mine) SCH sub now, you can efficiently somewhat sleep mischarms and mobs due to the boosted B skill under Dark Arts, and both clots/wams are very suspectible to magic I believe, so it should make for an easy sleep/bind?
                        [LadyKiKi]
                        Soloed to 75

Comment

I’ve heard good things about /sch. My Duo buddy uses it a lot. Definitely worth looking into. My Sch is at 25, I was leveling it for Pup, but I put it down for some reason. I’ll have to pick it back up soon.

Heh…maybe not an ideal place to xp…but I got some nice numbers in Abyssea last night while duoing with another Bst. We did 90 mins and got about 7k total. The first 40 minutes we found some flying skulls that gave 25-30 curor. They were Tough – VT for us at 79. Xp was not that great but that’s not why we were there. Probably got about 1500xp off them.

The the next 30-40 minutes we decided to explore a little. We found some of those shinny Cileoids (sp) on Wide Scan and started killing those. The 2 jugs did fine on their own. Got the other 5500xp from them. We both use Courel jugs and just ran around looking for them on WS. Each kill gave us anywhere from 120-648 xp per kill. Not to mention a nice amount of Curor.

The last 10-20 minutes was basically lost because we both found random chests that were mimics…both died and just explored more at the end

Next time we go, were going spend the full time looking for those mobs. Some of that Perle gear looks nice for Bst.

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                          -Verth (90) Completed!!
                          -Guttler (95) Completed!
                          -Aegis just started

Comment

Working...
                          X