Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bah, nooooooooo come to Fairy, we need more BST influecne ^^ what would you rather have, hang out with Stephen (BAH!!!! Godly BST...yes, but BAH!!) or....hang out with Keftenk and Bigbirdd ;;;;; ok...so Stephen prob beats us both...hmmm./...it help that i have man boobs on my char ;;; come to Fairy ><!!
    I would but everyone from my beta test LS is on Mid.. . I should be starting on next monday.

As for the person quitting BST at lev 20. Much luck to you, i consider BST the best job in the game but i also know it isnt for everyone.

~Ferralxenobia
    FerralXenobia

Comment

bah!! my server has Puppet!! if thats any prize to ya, he was like what.....3rd or 4th highest BST in beta? lol ~~~;;;;; BAH YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbird
        Just curious, is english your primary language Lun4tic?
        Yes, note how I make the rest of you look like goons with it.

Comment

Ramuh!

We need more BSTs on Ramuh! Come to Ramuh! I'd love to go to another server with more BSTs but I don't have all that much time to play as it is and I don't feel like taking WHM to 30 again.. lol..

Comment

Can't you just feel the love in the air? lol
            It sure would be nice if people would read the post and really think about what that person wrote, before they started flaming.

I can't debate on any points about being a bst, because I haven't played as one yet. I don't see how anyone can argue about it, if they haven't actually played as one. They do some research and think they know everything about bst. I'm not pointing any fingers, just want some of you to think before you post ^_^

Anyway, back to the question I wanted to ask. I plan on being a bst, however challenging it is, I think this is the job for me. I want everyones opinion on what subjob would be best for soloing. I'm an Elvaan. I heard whm is the best, but then I hear pld is good. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

About the people that are bashing how Square made bst. Close your mouth, constructive criticism is good but bashing is ignorant. If you ever played the older FF games you'll understand why bst is the way it is. Don't try to compare bst to other games, if you like bst's in the other game then play the other game. If being a bst isn't your cup of tea, then try summoner. Some complain that bst should be enjoyable to most people that play the game. Which means to me, easy to play as. Well, that is just plain ignorant. Every job is challenging in its own way. I know that myself, I've played a war and then a whm. Two totally different jobs, but are challenging in some way.
            Peace is a dream flying on gossamer wings. You can surely attain peace. But, the only way is through the grave.

Comment

I think they did an excellent job with BST in this game. Im only lvl 17 bst now but im loving it. It was extremely boring from 1-10 and very difficult from 11-14, but at 15 things got way easier for me. I went from like 800 exp an hour to over 2k an hour at 15. I think it was mainly hunting grounds All the good ones I knew were over crowded, but at 15 I could finally go to some of the more out of the way places. BST is insanely powerful both in and outside of the party, but this requires alot of skill patience. Ive actually been invited to many parties by some of my friends in valkurm who needed a little bit of safety. BST are the masters of turning a bad situation around. For example, Puller goes and pulls a Damselfly, on the way back to the camp he/she agros a goblin leecher. BST to the rescue Charms the fly and sends it against the goblin.. goblin dead, and because its VT,IT the fly then comes uncharmed and its already half dead from the gob so your party easily finishes it off, disaster averted. Also If you are lucky enough to have charmable pets near your PTs camp, a charmed pet plus a decently equipped BST can do some great damage. In fact, damage that would normal draw agro to you from the tank, but it doesnt since its split among you and your pet. The reason BST solos most of the time, is we are extremely misunderstood. Besides that, we have no reason to wait on a pt, thus we dont go sit in hotspots for hours waiting on a PT. Instead we go to the out of the way places that noone ever ventures to and procede to destroy. If we get an invite.. great, if not then its no big deal. We are probably getting better XP than some PTs anyway. A good PT will always out XP a solo BST anytime. But there are many PTs out there that are a waste of time, and BST dont have to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Erasmus
                I think they did an excellent job with BST in this game. Im only lvl 17 bst now but im loving it. It was extremely boring from 1-10 and very difficult from 11-14, but at 15 things got way easier for me. I went from like 800 exp an hour to over 2k an hour at 15. I think it was mainly hunting grounds All the good ones I knew were over crowded, but at 15 I could finally go to some of the more out of the way places. BST is insanely powerful both in and outside of the party, but this requires alot of skill patience. Ive actually been invited to many parties by some of my friends in valkurm who needed a little bit of safety. BST are the masters of turning a bad situation around. For example, Puller goes and pulls a Damselfly, on the way back to the camp he/she agros a goblin leecher. BST to the rescue Charms the fly and sends it against the goblin.. goblin dead, and because its VT,IT the fly then comes uncharmed and its already half dead from the gob so your party easily finishes it off, disaster averted. Also If you are lucky enough to have charmable pets near your PTs camp, a charmed pet plus a decently equipped BST can do some great damage. In fact, damage that would normal draw agro to you from the tank, but it doesnt since its split among you and your pet. The reason BST solos most of the time, is we are extremely misunderstood. Besides that, we have no reason to wait on a pt, thus we dont go sit in hotspots for hours waiting on a PT. Instead we go to the out of the way places that noone ever ventures to and procede to destroy. If we get an invite.. great, if not then its no big deal. We are probably getting better XP than some PTs anyway. A good PT will always out XP a solo BST anytime. But there are many PTs out there that are a waste of time, and BST dont have to deal with them.
                Very well put

Hoo Mjuu The Torrent 0/4

Comment

i have only gotten bst to Lv 12 and i am going back to level it more. i'm sick and tired of waiting for invites or getting killed by people that train mobs onto my party. while i'm quite low level in bst, already i can tell that i would enjoy it if i stayed with it long enough. i love soloing, but hate people lol. if i had my way i'd never party at all in ffxi but alas you cant do that. from what i've seen so far bst can get out of nearly any situation thrown at it. if you pick up agro, charm the mob or another and just run. i look foward to leveling it more

Comment

bst ls

I'm in a all bst l/s on remora. It's really good, but quiet at times.

As for bst info, all i can say is....stick with it. Once you get release its all that much better.

Comment

• bones! :D

bst is wonderful, just frustrating pre-35. slowly crawling myself there.

btw, finch r0x0rz
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

• :D

BONES!!!

Yes, it does :D. Finding a good leveling spot makes up the horrible times of pre-35. ^^

I found a great spot, tunnel to Behemoth's domin. 2 seeker bats vs ancient bats. most of the time, seekers are EM and ancients are T. Just watch out for aggro ^^

I love finch :D

Comment

• finch!
                          bones!

glad to see you on here
                          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Working...
                          X