This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST AF information

I've made a post like this on another forum and thought I could put it here too for the ppl who read this place.

This is from my point of view and should not be regarded as the authority on the subject. ;x Use what I've written here in conjunction with other information you can find, and you should have a pretty good idea of what to do.

Maps for the relevant areas are a necessity, otherwise you could well spend several hours searching. :\

For the Beast Gloves:

After talking to Guslam in the armor shop in Upper Jeuno, like most classes, you have to retrieve 'rusty gauntlets' - I think that's what they're named, from a coffer.

Location is depedant on class. For BST it's crawler's nest. Coffer keys drop from Crawler Hunters, Helm Beetles, and Knight Crawlers. You'll need a good solid party to take those on (54-56?). Crawler Hunters will be the nastier of the 3. Best area for Coffer hunting is area where no one goes to lvl, lol. To get to it, you take 2nd tunnel from right from within the 1st room you drop down into that everyone waits in when they're looking for groups in CN. (This first room has lots of maze lizards wandering around.) Use snk for everthing, and invis for the Wespe/Soulstingers. Trade key to coffer, get the old gauntlets. Go talk to Guslam again, then enter Tenshodo in Lower Jeuno and talk to the mithra inside. She'll ask for 1000g to give you information about something. From here investigate the ??? outside the duty free shop (near AH), which is the 'grimy box'. Cutscene occurs and you talk to Borghertz. You may need to trade the gauntlets to the ??? rather than just investigating, actually, I forget. ;x

He askes for 'eternal flame' - I think it's called, which is a key item. Assemble a good party and head out to Castle Zvahl Baileys. This is the tricky part. Inside there are lots of Demon Pawns and floating eyes. You'll *need* sneak and invis to get to the point where you'll fight the NM. They aren't too hard, those things, but they link like crazy, and it can get tough when you fight 3-4 at once, even if they are fine one at a time. So probably try to avoid fighting anything on the way, and just clear the area immediately around the fight site - so you don't get aggro during NM fight.

Dark Spark is a bomb, and you spawn him by inspecting the torches. Before he dies he will try to blow up, but because we had an alliance of 10-12 ppl (because we all needed it, not because that many are necessary - but admittedly the more the safer ;x), he died pretty fast. But I know he does this because someone spawned him by accident once, when we were still assembling 2 parties, and I ended up trying to take him on with only 2 others. They both died, and I died after he blew up. He doesn't have a ton of hp, but with Beserk on he does hit hard. Anyway.. Kill him, inspect the torches again as fast you can, then just warp/escape/tele out.

[One important note: it seems that even though he blew up and I died, when we took him on properly the 2nd time, some of us got the 'eternal flame' anyway when we tried to make him spawn. So we got the item, even though we didn't actually kill him per se. Surprising, because I thought you had to inspect the torches fast after he was defeated.]

Go back to the 'grimy box', inspect, and another cutscene occurs, and you will get the Beast Gloves from Borghertz.

For the Beast Gaiters:

Talk to Brutus who gives you 3 Aquafloras (key items) to put in some Underground Pools as remembrance to the beasts that died. This requires you to go to Fe'yin.

Map:
    http://www.speakeasy.org/~sticks/ffx...#39;Yin_02.gif

Generally the early stuff in there is easy prey to decent challenge around lvl 54. Further in, you get to the harder stuff. Snk/invis is necessary (the golems are sight based, rest is sound, magic pots aggro by magic). There are 3 pools in the lower area of Fei'yin. This map is of that *lower* area. The 3 underground pools are at: F-5, H-5, and H-8. On our first one, when we inspected, Dabotz's Ghost appears (banshee/poltegeist/bogy class). Clear the room of bats and Droma first (I think the Underworld bats aggro but can be used as pets, though they make weak fighters. The Camazotz are better which are the single bat versions). I duoed this guy with a lvl 56 bst. It was tough work. He can cast Tornado and does a variety of black magic, and probably Curse. Our fight took over 10 mins I'm thinking. We threw a lot of broths at it, letting them do all the work.

When he dies, inspect the pool again, and you will get a cutscene with a galka BST after throwing in your first aquaflora berating you for a pathetic attempt at remembrance. Find the other two pools in that area and inspect each. Go back to Brutus.

Final bit requires you to go to Castle Oztroja and kill Yagudo Conquistadors, Priors and Zealots for a Chest key. Find a chest, trade key and you'll get a Beast collar. [CHEST not COFFER ;p] Trade this to the walking monkey called Tebhi (who's basically in the area where all those Yagudo spawn - this is also near the pool where PLD have to kill a NM for one of their AF pieces). He'll disappear, so head back to Upper Jeuno and talk to Brutus one final time to receive the boots.

For Beast Helm:

Easy stuff. Not quest based. Just kill Hellmines, Fallen Majors, Fallen Mages and Magic Jugs, in the basement sort of area of Garlaige Citadel. At the level where you can wear this headgear (56) you could well be xping off these already - I was now and then. Hellmines are incredibly risky and can Self Destruct sometimes which means dmg roughly based on how many HP they have left I think (one blew up once for 1800 dmg, so yes, do not get close). Additionally, Magic Jugs can be lethal. They cast stuff like Flare, and have some nasty high lvl -ga II spells. Once you get the key you'll need help to get past Banishing Gate #1, #2 and #3 to find a coffer. Most coffers spawn past Banishing Gate #3 - I think each needs 4 ppl to stand on the pads to make gates open. If you're on during primetime and prepared to wait, you could just sneak through when other parties open them. Use snk for everything, and invis for beetles and bombs. Bombs also aggro to magic, so be careful. Trade coffer key to coffer, and you'll get the Beast Helm there and then.

For Beast Jackcoat:

Done this one now. You have to head fairly deep into Beadeaux, and again a map is fairly necessary. Be aware that you need to pass the "the Mute" and "the Afflictor". If you've done rank 5, you'll know these, but "the Mute" silences you when you inspect, and "the Afflictor" will Curse you in an area around it *unless* you're silenced. Weird but that's how that works. So you have to get silenced by "the Mute" before you can go into the deeper areas. Echo drops are absolutely essential. You have to kill Ancient, Darksteel, Platinum and Sapphire Quadavs to get the coffer key. These are pretty damn tough (some were IT at lvl 57), so you need a balanced party with healers, tank and dmg dealers. They link, and detect by sound. They are different jobs too, like other beastmen, and one is a magic user, but I forget which. I think it was the Sapphire quadav. Must keep it silenced. ;p Once you find coffer just trade the key to get the jackcoat there and then.

For Beast leggings:

Credit goes to Elusivepig for this section.
    To begin, you need to talk to Dietmund in Lower Jueno, the same guy that you had to talk to unlock the Bst job. After that, buy a piece of Mahogany lumber, take it to the little boy in upper Jueno in the Chocobo stables. I think his name is Otto, or something close to that, can't remember off the top of my head. He will fashion a key item whistle. After recieving the whistle, you will head to Eldieme Necropolis.

You must enter the Necropolis from Beaudicine Glacier. Once you're inside, the tomb is located at D-4, and its the furthest one back and to the left. Once you clear the room of ghosts, click on the tomb and 2 tigers and a undead hound will pop. The tigers are charmable at 60, fairly easily. The tigers do the regular tiger abilites so try to bring along atleast another Bst with you to charm the other one as well, since they have AoE paralyze and some nasty damaging attacks. The real challenge is the undead hound.

I went with a pt of 4: 75 BST, 71 PLD, 60 WHM and me, 60 BST. It was an extremely difficult fight, the 75 BST ended up dying, the PLD and WHM both had to use 2hours and all of our MP was drained before we managed to defeat it. I would definantely reccomend a full alliance of 55-60, 2 PT's of 60+ and a solid PT of 70+.

You only need to defeat the hound. If you charmed the tigers (which I would highly reccomend) they will poof after the hound dies. Inspect the tomb again, you will get a long cutscene and then recieve your AF trousers.

Hope that helps. Apologies if I have any of it wrong, this is all from memory.

Photo of what BST AF looks like on hume female (me ;p), minus the lvl 60 leggings. (the scythe is the lvl 46 Falcastra)

BST AF
    Last edited by Lily; 01-16-2007, 03:58 AM. Reason: Minor fix to URL

Do you happen to know if you can get items for AF armor items from coffers if the quest is active but you're on another job.

Like say I go hunt coffers with my 47THF, could I get the BST AF item if I have the quest active?

Comment

Like with other AF for jobs, you can do AF2 and AF3 (the quests to kill NM) as any job.

You must however open coffers with the job for that AF. So you can go as Lv75 warrior and do your AF2 and AF3, but you must open the coffers as bst.

Comment

Awww poo. I guess I'll just party with Thief for TH2 to get the coffer keys. ; ;

Comment

I'm doing AF1 (axe) right now, and am just wondering how to get a map of Delkfutt's tower? Right now I'm on level 3 of middle Delkfutt's tower, and no sign of the mobs I'm supposed to get the keys from so far... Is it solo-able at level 40? Hard finding any sort of help from other BSTs since I havent seen a single english speaking one at my level or higher.
          Mikeb Hume - 48 BST / 23 WHM / 29 WAR / 37 MNK

Comment

Get a Kaiser sword from dancing weapons at Qufim and trade it to Imasuke for a map of the tower. He is an npc at entrance to Qufim in port jeuno.

The gigas you have to kill are those ones with funky titles. Like, Kettlemaster, Stonechaser, or whatever they are. At 40 you should be okay. They'd probably con as easy prey or dc, so you wouldn't be able to run through them quickly one by one. ;x Broth would definitely be advised. :]

I think you might have to head up to upper delkfutts. I did this a long time ago when we were doing rank 4, and we managed to get a key drop, then later see a chest spawn in the same zone as Porphryion.

Comment

Okay, I probably killed about 30-40 giants, still no drop, all out of broths too . Its hard getting help - all the people I see are JP, I haven't ever seen a single BST my level or higher that speaks english - almost ready to give up on this game if this is what all quests are like... Killed Kettlemasters, Stonemasons, Spirekeepers... I did get 2000+ gil from all the giants I killed though
              Mikeb Hume - 48 BST / 23 WHM / 29 WAR / 37 MNK

Comment

For the AF1, you can open the Chest with any job.
                So, if you're thief you can use Thief's tool/Living Key/Skeleton Key to open the Chest^^

And the sequence of AF is like this:
                Lv40+,
                -> get AF1 quest.

Lv50+,
                -> get AF2 quest.
                -> get Guslam's quest (Gloves AF).
                -> now you're free to open Treasure Coffer for AF item.

After AF2 complete,
                -> get AF3 quest.

EDIT#1: You can use your Thief to open the Coffer for Gloves AF's quest too^^
                EDIT#1-2: For Gloves AF, after get offered using BST..
                You can use any job to do it, so if you have others high level job you can use it to fight Dark Spark...

EDIT#2: You can use Thief (again) to open the Chest for AF2 second part!

It seem like you can use any job to do the AF1/2/3 quest.
                Except the Coffer that contain AF item you have to open it with BST job...
                Pray! Siren... San d'Oria: R7 M7-1, Zilart: M4
                WAR20/MNK01/WHM26/BLM17/RDM10/THF61
                PLD03/DRK01/BST54/BRD08/RNG03
                SAM01/NIN31/DRG01/SMN01
                Level up:223 Times!w

Pass:Airship,Kazham, Gate crystal:All
                RSE:All, Thief's AF:All, BST's AF:1,2,Gloves,Body...
                Limit:1-4

Comment

Man figures, all 3 of those coffers are the same ones i had to do for whm ><

Oh well, knowledge is power.

Comment

Originally posted by Painkiller

EDIT: You can use your Thief to open the Coffer for Gloves AF's quest too^^
                    You've made my day... so much... ^^

Comment

For the Gloves, you had to talk to the Mithra in Tenshodo HQ (Lower Jueno, Neptune's Spire), pay her 1000gil and then go to port jeuno, to the AH, and on the opposite end of where the chocobo stable is, there lies a grimy old box.

*** I'm not sure if you had to talk to the Mithra, but in my case I could not get any further without talking to her. My first time.

Comment

Yeah you do have to talk to her and fork up the gil. I think a few classes have to (along with killing darkspark).

I just got muddled because I wrote that after doing them all, so recalling each one was tricky.

Comment

I was just wondering what the location of the coffin (or whatever it is) for af3 is in the necropolis. I've done the setup as far as I know.
                          war28 / mnk9 / whm42 / blm67 / rdm7 / thf13 / pld16 / drk1 / bst75 / rng36 / brd34 / smn20 / sam12 / nin25 / drg5

Comment

Exact same room as brd af2.

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked before but what about the BST axe? Is that not considered AF?

Comment

Working...
                              X