Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something strange happened to me while i was lvling bst in the burb penn, i was having a simple time sedning evan match leechs vs seems tough pugils. so i log an come back like an hour later. an next thing i know. 2 evan match leechs later, an the seems tough pugil still has over half its hp. even with me adding in the melee... :mad:

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

• By the way, with leeches, I think they track you by scent, and under certain conditions, going into the water will lose the aggro. (not every time so dont rely on it) You had to go through the water to get to the Gustav zone, so the leech didnt bother chasing you.

You may have noticed in higher level exp parties, especially in Boyhada where a crawler stops and loses aggro when you run through water. Same thing with the leeches.
      FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
      FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

• YEAH AT 24 I HAD A SUCKY TIME IN THE BURB PENN. SO I LEFT FOR JUNGAR FOREST. THE EXP WAS GREAT THERE. TOOK JUNGAR FUNGUS, VS EACHOTHER. THERE WERE SO MANY. AN SPAWNED SO FAST. THE NEXT THING I KNOW IM 26, WITH A CRAP LOAD OF DRK CRYSTALS,,,

NEXT I WENT TO ROLLENS LIKE THE ALLA GUIDE SAID. BUT FARMERS, AN THE FACT THAT THE MOBS MAINLY SCANNED TOUGH OR VERY TOUGH MADE ME LEAVE IT VERY QUICK, HEADED TO QUIFIM. ITS KINDA HARD RIGHT NOW TO FIND EVANS OR D/C TO FIGHT THE WORMS. BUT I GOT EXTREMELY LUCKY AN FOUND A TON OF EVANS NEAR THE LAKE, THAT I DIDNT SEE THE LAST TIME I WAS THERE. AN GOT TO 27 WITH ONLY 1 DEATH. AN THAT WAS DO TO ONE OF THE NUMEROUS LAG OUTS I EXPERIENCED YESTERDAY.

SO IT ONLY TOOK ME A COUPLE HOURS TO HIT 27, AN ALREADY I WANT OUT OF QUIFIM.. :spin:

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

• Wow, great job.

Jugner/Pashlow/Meritiphaud all have mobs with similar levels to Valkurm/Burubimu so those places are options as well. I never mentioned them because I didnt spend much time there... a bit in Pashlow near the pond, killing stuff, and a small time in Jugner along the path. I managed to kill a few Forest Tigers with Funguars as pets, but overall, I couldnt find a good consistent mix of pets and prey, so I went back to Valkurm. I hated that level range. Wait till you hit the 32 range... pretty slow exp there, but the light at the end of the tunnel (35) starts to show.
          FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
          FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

• Re: BST guide to lvl 30

Thx for all the info im a new BST lvl 11 i can see im gonna get great info from these threads

Comment

• Re: BST guide to lvl 30

Just a reminder guys, take a look at the Beast Anthologies (at the top of the main Beastmaster forum, link in my signature). It will give you a LOT of information on the different mobs in different zones, as well as special tactics you may want to try there.

It is divided up by zone so you will get information specific to the zone you are interested in. If you're looking for an alternative to Qufim, try the Maze of Shakrami, entering from Buburimu Peninsula .... I recently added that one for levels 26-32, although at the bottom end of the range its probably better as a duo camp
              CatrinM WHM75/BST75/BRD45/BLM37/PLD37/WAR37
              Bastok [10] Sandoria [10] Windurst [9]
              Linkshell: PromathiaChained / Shiva
              Catrin BST75/WHM37/BLM31/SMN9/NIN7/MNK6
              Bastok [6] Sandoria [1] Windurst [1]
              Linkshell: PromathiaChained / Shiva
              Beastmasters never die, we just get do-overs!

Comment

Working...
              X