AV killed 6Aug2010, gogo alexander!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV killed 6Aug2010, gogo alexander!

For anyone who cares, AV was killed by Resonce LS this past weekend, Summoners Perfect Defense was used in the success along with the standard locking of 2hr's and Regen. Big congrat's to those guys, and sell me an N.sash lmao.

Re: AV killed 6Aug2010, gogo alexander!

Bwuh? AV meteor spam gets dodged by Summoners using Alexander? Is that what I just heard?

Incoming emergency patch!
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

wow nice, that bastard needed to go down ;p
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Agreed, DIAF AV.

But that DOES sound like a glitch, as PD is only meant to reduce damage and avoid ailments, not grant invincibility o.O

Also there was a maint earlier today so they may have already ninja fixed this.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          PD is only meant to reduce damage and avoid ailments, not grant invincibility o.O
          They probably used the same code for PD's status immunity as for Fealty, which for some reason also blocks meteor and mijin.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Watch them nerf Fealty along with Perfect Defence now =P

Just kidding. It would only be delaying the inevitable - with or without Perfect Defence, someone's bound to kill Absolute Virtue legitimately somewhere between the Level 80 and Level 99 caps.

Still, kudos to the people who pulled it off.

Comment

Aye, it's only a matter of time now.
              sigpic

Comment

My LS, iiZerg, killed yesterday ^^ Grat's guys

(I was not there as I was coming home from the Gym, and have been taking a break from LS events anyway to cap out my jobs @ 80)

It actually wasn't our kill, TheDarkGuys, A GMT based LS have been spaming him lately trying to get their kills, and they wiped at 10%. We claimed and killed at 10%, drops were: Raphael Rod, Aueroal(sp), Mars, and Bellona's rings.

We kept lolRod and Aeroula, and gave them the rings. We hadn't gotten along in the past for the most part, but our LS leader/ as well as most of the LS, felt it was the right thing to do, that we give them back most of the drops.
                We'll be making our 1st real attempt soonish ^^

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                  My LS, iiZerg, killed yesterday ^^ Grat's guys

It actually wasn't our kill, TheDarkGuys, A GMT based LS have been spaming him lately trying to get their kills, and they wiped at 10%. We claimed and killed at 10%, drops were: Raphael Rod, Aueroal(sp), Mars, and Bellona's rings.

We'll be making our 1st real attempt soonish ^^
                  Stealing popped NMs is dirty lol. (Yes, I know he isn't directly popped)
                  sigpic

Comment

Aureole.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                      Stealing popped NMs is dirty lol. (Yes, I know he isn't directly popped)
                      I completely agree, kill stealing is wack, HNM yellow mob is fair game though, but here's the thing. We did give them two of the drops, honestly 2-3 of them were raging at my LS leader pretty hardcore, and the other 30 members had to finally tell them to shut up and not be stupid. Could we have kept all drops and said fuck 'em ? sure but that's stupid especially with the way the game is now-adays.
                      It would have been better for us too basically help them out, and possibly have the favor returned at the cost of a single N.sash or G.katana.
                      I don't know about other shells, but I fell we just put Sea farming back into the schedule for the next few weeks until the level cap obsolete's those drops. /shrug

Comment

I’d say if they all dropped with no hopes of getting claim/kill, then its free game. Although I wouldn’t walk around bragging that my LS killing AV since technically…90% of the damage was already done for you. However, if I were in your situation, I wouldn’t wait till AV fully regen’d either lol.

Not that this situation is at all on the same level as AV, but there have been a few times where I’ve popped Despot or other NMs on Bst and people have been nice enough not to steal unless I wipe. Which I think is totally fair. Stealing during a mischarm or while swapping is just poor sportsmanship.

Also, kudos for giving some of the drops back. Very respectful. Cant believe people would be bitching if you gave rings back to them. Fail and get nothing? Or fail and get something…which would you choose ><
                        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                        -Verth (90) Completed!!
                        -Guttler (95) Completed!
                        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Pretty hard to obsolete Ninurta's Sash really, even with Goading Belt out now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Why give them drops? They died the mob was free, a wipe means a loss.

sig courtesy tgm
                            retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                              Why give them drops? They died the mob was free, a wipe means a loss.
                              To be nice?

Being nice to people isn't a bad thing, you know.

I wouldn't have taken any item at all. While there's no in-game mechanism to prevent it after the wipe, and there's no ethical requirement to not take anything, the other LS farmed the pop items for their AV pop, and it would show good will on your part. That good will is important.

It's not even about karma; the player population is only going to get smaller; sowing good will now will definitely reap benefits down the line. More likely than not, you will see these people again (and again), and probably can use a helping hand or two from them in the future.
                              Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 08-12-2010, 06:07 PM. Reason: Posted prematurely. lol.
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X