No announcement yet.

Show me your moves! (new weapon skills)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your moves! (new weapon skills)

Figure might as well start something about the new weapons skills and how we can get them to be useful.

So far the only one I have is herculean slash, the 290 great sword move. Paralyzes the target but doesn't

seem to have any damage increase as you stack TP, at least when used on rabbits outside sandy. So far I

haven't seen any increase with absorb str mnd int or chr, the only thing that seems to increase damage is

magic attack bonus gear and the resistance of the mob itself. Paralyze effect is decent on mobs in campaign

as ive had little chance to use on anything else what with the grind and all. Skillchain resonance seems to

include Induration, Impaction, and Detonation with Induration having priority over detonation but idk if

detonation had priority over induration since there was too much weapon skill spam. so far damage seems to

be 250+ so it seems it would do well as a good opener for fights since it basically allows all the power

moves not in Induration and transfixion to chain off it. Also for kicks it doesn't MB either.

Edit: Looked like it wold double space when I was typing it.
    Last edited by LeonstrifeLEV; 07-05-2010, 09:36 AM.

Re: Show me your moves! (new weapon skills)

I’ve used Bora Axe with Bst a few times…animation looks cool…and that’s about all it’s got going for it. The bind effect seems rather pointless to me.

My damage was barely breaking 200 on DC mobs. I haven’t looked at wiki but seeing as it the animation has ice and a chance to bind, I think INT could be one of the modifiers. I added a little bit of INT gear to test and damage went up ever so slightly. But that’s just chat log stuff (no real/solid proof).

I dunno, maybe with more testing it can be better. I’m still trying to finish up the WS points for Primal Rend…which I’ve regularly seen hit in the 700-1000 range.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
      The bind effect seems rather pointless to me.
      Lol, Until, as a BST, something goes south, and you can shut down a mob while you un-Ass the area ^^

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
        Lol, Until, as a BST, something goes south, and you can shut down a mob while you un-Ass the area ^^
        Except that you probably won't disengage in time and you'll end up breaking the bind effect.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Bind isn't cancelled by attacking -- only Shadowbind. Or so I've thought for 6 years.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

They nerfed bind a while ago, and this falls under it, used to be the spell lasted until it lasted, now it has very high chance to wear instantly when dmg is dealt, if my understanding is correct.

Yeah that would suck, luckily it's a Ranged WS, yeah throwing ax sorta thing so just unlock, WS, instantly move away.

Comment

I’m pretty sure bind is cancelled by attacks.

And to be honest Bsts already have a few ways of getting away.

Tame (if tameable)
              Jugs
              Charm (if charmable)
              Charm (binds if not charmable)
              Ferel Howl
              Intimidate

Well intimidating might be a bad example. It’s helped me on a few RARE occasions so I put it up there.
              Not sure if I’d live long enough after those attempts to try and WS then bolt…and lets not forget…what are the chances of having 100%+ Tp.

Either way, I was just disappointed with the damage. I’m not expecting the ‘best of the best’ but come on…barely breaking 200? I’ll stick with Smash Axe if that’s the case…at least it can stun.
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

My understanding has always been the mob has a resist check every time it is the subject of an offensive action while under the effects of Bind whether that be a melee/ranged attack or a nuke.

Comment

The TP on the GS WS seems to affect the paralyze potency. Id wager along the line of 10/20/30% chance of para (based on a purely visual estimation when playing around with my DRK friend who has it.) Ii believe it follows a similar pattern to the Drain effect on the Sword WS that drain 50/75/100 % of damage done @ 100/200/300 TP.

sig courtesy tgm
                  retired -08

Comment

People who have been to abyssea have been saying that these moves seem to cause a change in NM behavior making fights easier and also allowing them to obtain atma. I'd be kinda annoyed if the new moves only purpose is to be a clutch move in bonus content. (even though I bough it anyway.)

Hoping to get a skill up party so I can have infernal scythe. If Bio, that new nin move, and this stack it would be beast.

Comment

Bind has a semi-random duration (higher chance of longer Bind with more skill--also seem to have a level correction component to it), with an additional chance to break every time the bound target is damaged directly. (e.g. Bio can break Bind, but Poison can't, since Bio has a direct damage while Poison does not.)
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                      X