Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voidwalker NM's strategies/findings/etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voidwalker NM's strategies/findings/etc.

Was wondering how many ppl around here had some hands on fun with the new nm's and figure make a post showing what they experienced since wiki can only be so helpful. I need to go after Urd soon and from what i've heard it's aoe is wind based by the sound of it. Was thinking using baraero and/or bard songs to reduce the damage. Not very fond of "find 18 dds then smack it with a weapon skill then run away!" strat so far.>.>

Re: Voidwalker NM's strategies/findings/etc.

I'll share some basics I've learned/picked up:

Tier 1: Don't attempt to solo, you really have a 50/50 shot on just about any job, so find a hunting partner
    Tier 2: These require 6+ people, as the mobs hit HARD and have high def/evasion (for the most part)
    Tier 3/4: Bring a full alliance, just do it.
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Comment

Someone else's findings so far.

Ascule's Adventures
      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

That is actually pretty helpful. At least with the faeries.

Comment

we've done all the Tiers (cept T4) in rolan/Sau Camp. A pup (or i guess a blm in most cases) can make short work of the elements (T1s). I duo'd with a Bst and was able to drop them in seconds.

The T2s and T3 pixies we did pet style so i'm not sure if my experiences would be helpful to you.

but just incase, we used about 4 Bsts and 2-3 Smns on the T2s. Bsts used jugs and zetas but not a problem for the most part.

For the t3 (fought about 3 times) we used about 8 Bsts, 6 Smns and 1 Brd. Not very difficult.
          Our methods are more safe imo but they takes longer than your typical setups.

had a death here and there but did not wipe on anything. 1/3 on Chr Ring. All our t3 key items broke so we cant attempt the T4...which could be crazy fun.

the best part is you cant see their HP bar. Really throws off the people who dont know much about them

----
          Edit
          Tier 1: Don't attempt to solo, you really have a 50/50 shot on just about any job, so find a hunting partner
          I was able to solo ‘ok’ on pup. Died 2 out of the 3 attempts but I was doing it wrong the first 2 times.
          Meleeing with your whm is possible but not the best idea. The Dark element slept my puppet a few times.

If you’re a pup, I suggest getting your evasion set out and your blm frame. Once you get close to one, pump your water, ice, ice ice.
          Pop, activate and get the element away from your puppet. Once the spell goes off, you can D/A if you’re fast enough OR you can use ventriliquies (merit) and tank till it your pup starts casting again. I’ve got some decent gear (and fully merited) pup so…I guess results can vary. 1 fully buffed Nuke followed by a nuke with at least 1 ice up should do the trick.

Light and Dark elements can sometimes cause a problem with damage.
          Careful on Wind because they can blink spells
          Earth uses stonestin meaning an extra nuke might be needed.
          Water/Ice/thuder/Fire are pretty easy.
          Last edited by Romyro; 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM.
          99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
          -Farsha (90) Completed!!
          -Verth (90) Completed!!
          -Guttler (95) Completed!
          -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
          -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
          -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Tier 1 are soloable by nin/dnc. Solo'ed 2 last night.
            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
            RANK 10 Bastok
            CoP: Done
            ZM: Done
            ToA: Done
            Assault rank: Captain
            Campaign Medal: Medals
            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

You guys are right, you CAN solo T1, I only said that b/c you need a high evasion setup and I've seen cases of NINs getting interrupted left and right casting, especially in the Ronafure area with the Crab/Pugil T1
              | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
              2/5 WAR +2
              Farsha(85)

Comment

Working...
              X