This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Write Comments

Now that genkai5 is opened, we all will want to level up fast and find PT by invites. Since there will be so many of the same job, same level as you in this period, it's important to have good comments as to get a PT invite over your competing similar.

-The Basics-

There are 4 options for comments in the comments menu.
    1. EXP Party / Level up
    2. Mission / Quest
    3. Item Related
    4. Others

Of course we are most likely going to be choosing the first option. You have 3 lines to advertise yourself as much as possible. If you type more than a line allows, your text will be turned into ...

-What You Should Tell a Potential Leader-

1. Obviously the most important thing to tell any leader is your experience to the next level. If you don't do this, you might get invited into a PT with people a 2 levels or more above you since they might presume you are close to leveling up. It also helps a potential leader decide if you are acceptable to join the PT depending on what level jobs he has already invited.
    -This MUST go on the first line. It should be the first thing you say.
    -Write "@xxxx" where xxxx is your exp. (@3000 etc) or you can add "@xxxx‚Å‚·" or "@xxxx‚ɃŒƒxƒ‹‚˜?h?@means "is @xxxx" and "@xxxx to level X" (@xxxx desu) (@xxxx ni reberu X)

2. I have all the gate crystals (hora, demu, mea, yoto, rute, etc).
    -This should be either on the first or second line of your comments.
    -You can either put "ALL GC" or "‘SGC" (subete GC)
    - Lower levels you may put ?hƒJƒUƒ€ƒpƒX—L?h?@?ikazamupasu ari) which means you have the airship pass to kazam.

3. For higher levels you should mention if you can access tulia or not.
    -If you do not have tulia you should write "ƒgƒD?[?EƒŠƒA?FX"
    (tolu-.ria:x <<< how to type it)

4. Subjobs that you can use (make sure they are leveled :mad: :mad.
    -Type in ?hƒTƒ|?FXXXX"?@(sapo:XXXX) or "SJ:xxxx"
    -You can just write all the abbreviate Japanese in. For example
    "ƒTƒ|?F?í”Eƒi”’?•?h etc etc

5. For WAR and some other melees, you might want to mention the types of weapons you have skill in (up to date skill).
    -•?Ší (buki) for weapon and then "•?Ší?F‚˜‚˜‚˜‚˜?h whatever weapons you can use

6. You highest stats. Sometimes potential leaders choose people depending on their stats (mirror of equipment you have)
    - Melees might want to advertise how high their most important job stat is (example. THF can put DEX+XX or WAR STR+XX)
    - Mages can either use this to show their MP, INT+, MND+ etc but it is better to say what importants spells they do or do not have (for example if you are do not have raiseII write "ƒŒƒCƒYII:X" [reizuII:X]?h
    - Accuracy is ?h–½?h (mei); Attack is "?UŒ‚?h?@?ikougeki)

7. You can end your comments with clear intentions like

-"PT‚¨Šè‚¢‚µ‚Ü‚·?h (PTonegaishimasu) which means Please PT with me (literally)
    -"ƒŒƒxƒ‹?ã‚°‚É—U‚Á‚Ä?E‚¾‚³‚¢?h (reberu age ni sasotte kudasai) which means Please invite me for leveling up.
    - "PT—U‚Á‚Ä?E‚¾‚³‚¢?h (PT sasotte kudasai) which means Please invite me for PT

EXAMPLE COMMENTS

?—‚R‚T‚O‚O‚Å‚·?@ƒgƒD?[?EƒŠƒA?FX
    ƒTƒ|?F?페?@–½?{‚R‚O?@STR+1‚Q
    PT‚¨Šè‚¢‚µ‚Ü‚·

My Japanese skill is still pretty poor so if I have typed something wrong please post it so I can correct it. Or if you have anything to add that might be useful.
    No Comment

At the moment I write (in japanese):

Exp 34900/40000 ~nya
    Ryouteono & Katateono max lvl kukki-
    Tu'lia > O / SJ: Samurai or Ninja 37

I'm lucky that I have many friends to lvl up with, so I never have to wait for a lvl up pt when I got time to play FFXI.

Comment

my comments usually include
      Ws skill info and looking for skill up PT
      level up info and what im @?
      quests and missions i need to do.

—‹‚ÌŽŽ—û‚Ɖ΂̎Ž—û?AƒoƒXM9-1?@ƒWƒ‰M4
      ƒXƒLƒ‹?ã‚ÌPT?i‚—‚“‚P‚U‚V?j?AƒŒƒxƒ‹?ã‚ÌPT
      ?—‚T‚T‚O‚O?A‚æ‚낵‚_‚¨Šè‚¢‚µ‚Ü‚·

translation

trial of lighting and trial of fire,bastokM9-1,ziraatM4
      skill up PT(ws167), level up PT@5500
      Thanks for inviting me

thats an example
      It's Official Promathia Hates me....
      それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
      Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
      A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Yuna, it's ƒJƒUƒ€ƒpƒX kazamu pasu, not basu. pasu means pass whereas basu is short for bastok :sweat:

My comment at the moment is:

@XXXX‚Å‚·?B—U‚Á‚Ä‚_‚¾‚³‚¢?O?O
        —Ž?l—L‚è?B‘SGC‚ƃpƒX—L‚è?BƒTƒ|ƒV?í‚¢‚¯‚Ü‚·?B
        “ú–{Œê‚Ì‚ÝPT‚æ‚ë‚—?`‚æ‚낵‚_‚Å‚·?O?O

@XXXXdesu. sasotte kudasai^^ (invite please)
        ochiudo ari (got ochiudos) zenGC to pasu ari (all gates and pass gotten) sapo si sen ikemasu (can use thf and war subs)
        nihongo no mi PT yoro w (japanese only PT please lol) yorosiku desu^^ (thanks for doing me a favour)

It's easier to type zen rather than subete.
        I really should thank you for it afterall it was your life that taught me the purpose of all life.....Purpose of life, is to end.

I hate my life.

Comment

Don't forget to add a funny face! ?R?™?K?¤?K?™ƒm

Comment

To list weapons is •?Ší (buki) then just put them in from the tab menu or however. I only know •ÐŽè (One-Handed - katate) and —¼Žè (Two-Handed - ryoute) and Œ• (Sword - ken) so I just get around it other ways. If someone wants to post the romaji for all the weapons knock yourself out.
            【MNK 75 - WAR 75 - NIN 75 - BRD 75 - WHM 75】

Comment

I just put "ƒA?[ƒ‹?@ƒˆƒA?@ƒx?[ƒX?@ƒA?[?@‚׃??[ƒ“ƒO?@ƒeƒD?@ƒAƒbƒX" and i get invite ^^
              DRK75 / THF37 / WAR37 / RDM60 / BLM31 / PLD11

ohnoez

Comment

please don't forget to tell them how gimp you are either
                like me it's always
                ?•ƒXƒ^ƒbƒt?~?A‚¨‹ó?~?A?…‚S?~?AƒCƒŒ?[ƒX?~?A‰½‚Å‚à?~?@D;///
                omfgbbq ;3

Comment

to me i think I most important is the @ to next level ; / other than that it's just nice to have and help advertise yourself to other leaders...

my comment at level 41-50 (rdm)
                  @xxxx, refresh dispel ok

my comment at level 50+
                  @xxxx, support 30whm, HP jeuno

that's all : / and i got invited all the time...
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Also, if there are a few other people in your level range with the same job competing for invites, you may want to include some info that would clearly state how you would be the better choice.

For example, when I was leveling THF, I made sure to say how much DEX and AGI boost I had. Most of the time it was more than the other THFs waiting for invites at the moment. I would usually get invited first, unless I had to compete with a higher ranked player, or a Mithra.

If all else fails, just type in: PT‚æ‚ë‚—‚—‚—‚—‚¨‚‹‚—‚—‚—‚—
                    It works every time.:spin:
                    http://rentahamster.blogspot.com/

Read my report on the FFXI Square Enix 2005 gaming event in Hawaii

Comment

The @XXXX part will always be the important part of the comment, and should always come first, however I find "Nihongo no mi PT yoro" to be just as important as it allows me to get invites from JP only PTs, which results in far far better EXP than an american PT at this time usually would ;x
                      I really should thank you for it afterall it was your life that taught me the purpose of all life.....Purpose of life, is to end.

I hate my life.

Comment

another thing that helps get party invites is when you are hte only ƒ‰ƒ“ƒN‚X among a sea of rank 5-7
                        " OH rank9 please join my PT"8649 wwwwwww

anyone with indepth knowledge of jp knows what 8649 is in slang.
                        w

high rank helps I will not PT with anyone below rank 5 now unless in the LS and are good players.
                        It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                        それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                        Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                        A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Taru-Waru thinks this should be sticky-wicky
                          【MNK 75 - WAR 75 - NIN 75 - BRD 75 - WHM 75】

Comment

Originally posted by tazirai
                            another thing that helps get party invites is when you are hte only ƒ‰ƒ“ƒN‚X among a sea of rank 5-7
                            " OH rank9 please join my PT"8649 wwwwwww

anyone with indepth knowledge of jp knows what 8649 is in slang.
                            w

high rank helps I will not PT with anyone below rank 5 now unless in the LS and are good players.
                            Arvy is rank 10, does that mean he's good?
                            Squirming through cuts in a throat
                            cut it...cut it...

Cedric - WHM63/ PLD52/ MNK43/ BLM31/ WAR27/ THF16/ BST13/ SMN10/ RDM05/ RNG05/ DRK05

Archaon - THF35/ WHM34/ RDM32/ BLM17/ MNK14/ NIN10/ BST10/ RNG06/ WAR05

Comment

Taru-Waru thinks this should be sticky-wicky

Damn you English people speak funny....

Comment

Working...
                              X