Past Vana'Diel Nation Quests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Vana'Diel Nation Quests?

I was looking over the achievements on my 360 and saw ones for "Past Vana'Diel Nation Quests" earned for completing 3. Are those quests obtained in and specific to Past Vana'Diel once I get there? I wasn't able to find anything on them.
    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
    Red Mage-55
    Dark Knight-55

Re: Past Vana'Diel Nation Quests?

Just check the Wing of the Goddess missions in FFXIclopedia.

It shows the main missions and the nation quests. Hopefully you'll have help to get them done because I was never able to. <_<;
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      Just check the Wing of the Goddess missions in FFXIclopedia.

It shows the main missions and the nation quests. Hopefully you'll have help to get them done because I was never able to. <_<;

Thanks, I forgot Wing of the Goddess is what had the past Vana'Diel.

Also as a little sidenote, the achievements for completing all of a nation's "missions", those are the storyline-related quests right? You don't have to complete every single quest in a zone for an achievement or anything? That'd be ridiculous.

Warrior-19
      Red Mage-55
      Dark Knight-55

Comment

Yeah, it's just the rank Missions for each nation.
        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Cool thanks.

Warrior-19
          Red Mage-55
          Dark Knight-55

Comment

They all offer pretty good stories, and are required inbetween the main WotG scenario missions.

Completing all of them for the nation you sign up for in Campaign also allows you to maintain your rank without fear of being demoted. I finished all of San d'Oria's for example and thus I can never, ever lose my Allied Medal of Altana (though I still need to get evaluated to renew the seal to keep being able to use my notes and partake in campaign)
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

And to think pretty much ever since I started playing I wanted to play what eventually became WotG... Only to be completely unable to finish the storyline or the nation quests due to forced grouping and no one being interested in getting the quests done with a pick up party.

/bittervet
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Hey Ray... guess what. I did all of them for Bastok and Windy... and I only needed the assistance of other people for 3 fights. 4 if you include the final fight.

You don't need help... you just need to know the ins and the outs of the missions and fights and be willing to invest the time into them. The Lilith fight was one of my favorite boss battles in the game so far. It was totally the culmination of all the built up frustration I had at the damn expansion.

On the whole... I think it took me about a month to complete WotG... and a few of those days were spent waiting for people to help me with the few missions I needed help on. The same goes for ToAU. I solod most of it on SMN up until fights like the Yag Ninja who would Mijin the whole zone and kill me no matter how far away I was.

If you want to complain about forced grouping... you should have a whole lot more anger towards CoP. Wotg, ZM and ToAU are nothing compared to how those forced you to group for EVERY SINGLE MISSION... prior to the level cap being lifted.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

He does have a point though, SE really should have implemented single/lowman versions that are easier but still challenging for a soloist. It's not like it would change the story either, given that the game never really acknowledges your party members and just shows you (unlike XIV where there are group scenes)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                    Hey Ray... guess what. I did all of them for Bastok and Windy... and I only needed the assistance of other people for 3 fights. 4 if you include the final fight.

You don't need help... you just need to know the ins and the outs of the missions and fights and be willing to invest the time into them. The Lilith fight was one of my favorite boss battles in the game so far. It was totally the culmination of all the built up frustration I had at the damn expansion.

On the whole... I think it took me about a month to complete WotG... and a few of those days were spent waiting for people to help me with the few missions I needed help on. The same goes for ToAU. I solod most of it on SMN up until fights like the Yag Ninja who would Mijin the whole zone and kill me no matter how far away I was.

If you want to complain about forced grouping... you should have a whole lot more anger towards CoP. Wotg, ZM and ToAU are nothing compared to how those forced you to group for EVERY SINGLE MISSION... prior to the level cap being lifted.
                    Right.

Screw SMN, I hate the job. Also, CoP, ToAU and Zilart were a pain at times but at least there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people interested in doing the quests at the time. At least 1/3 of all those missions I got with pick up parties where I only knew a person or 2 in the party. Also had a LS back then so I was actually able to get some help from time to time.

But WotG? No way I was able to get help for them. The ones I was able to do were because I was able to DRAG someone I knew to help me with them. I could spend hours shouting and no one would even bother.

Just need to know the ins and outs... yeah right. Cool story bro.
                    Last edited by Raydeus; 07-19-2012, 03:52 PM. Reason: Forum Monster strikes again.
                    sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Right.

Screw SMN, I hate the job. Also, CoP, ToAU and Zilart were a pain at times but at least there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people interested in doing the quests at the time. At least 1/3 of all those missions I got with pick up parties where I only knew a person or 2 in the party. Also had a LS back then so I was actually able to get some help from time to time.

But WotG? No way I was able to get help for them. The ones I was able to do were because I was able to DRAG someone I knew to help me with them. I could spend hours shouting and no one would even bother.

A whole post and not a single emoticon. Ray is genuinely upset. I haven't seen him like this since... well... since Rani.

Please don't kill the forum, Ray.

- - - Updated - - -

But for serious. I'm not shitting you when I say that I did nearly all of them alone. Having a hate free pet job like SMN definitely helped... but for other missions I used jobs like COR for movement speed boost... or NIN for tank/dancing. It's doable. If you were still playing I'd do them all over again. I actually had a pretty good time... and I'm sure you would have an even better time given your love for the stories.

I'm not saying resub... but if you did, I'd help you with the missions. As a duo, I'm fairly certain we would only need help for the final fight... but everything else would be solo/duoable with RDM and my army of jobs.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Maybe at lvl 99 they can be soloed, but I was already so sick of it I don't think I tried after I got 85 or something and didn't even get 99 anyway. But I really don't think I'm XI material anymore.

And although it's clear I'm still upset for not being able to get stuff I wanted to get done after waiting for so freaking long I don't think it's worth it anymore. I've already tried to go back into the game a few times and every time I do, it somehow manages to let me down even worse than the last time. And I'm definitely not interested in seeing what's worse than having stupid Rani stolen like that.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Right.

Plus even at 90 (I never got 99 but I doubt it changes much) climbing past Castle Zvahl is a god damned death trap.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X