Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Divine Might Quest

We killed ours as Galka > Mithra > Hume > Elvaan > Taru

Another strat is pulling/kiting everything to the entrance and fighting the Taru last. The taru can only warp around the circle; it will not follow you down the hall so that’s one less (possibly dangerous) mob to worry about.

They are alos very easy to kite now with all the +evasion one can get. Movement speed always helps too but not necessary

Last time I went it was with upwards of 10 people. And I’d say about 6 of them were runnig around like chickens with heads cut off. Can easily be done with a group of 6 (if not less) with a strategy.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

so ill be getting my KI today, if anybody on siren wants to do it on friday night let me know

Comment

so just to keep yall updated i got KI yesterday and as of right now known pty set up is WHM/RDM,NIN/WAR,THF/NIN,NIN/WAR,PUP/? extras that might come RDM/? all 95......think we might have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Myrenis View Post
          pty set up is:
          WHM/RDM
          NIN/WAR
          THF/NIN
          NIN/WAR
          PUP/?
          RDM/?
          This is going to destroy them. Have the WHM buff with the usual stuff as well as Auspice. Pick one of the NIN's (whatever one has the best Evasion) to run in after buffs and grab everything in the room, RDM should sleep both the pets and the remaining Melee all charge in and Zerg the TaruTaru AA. Have the WHM focus his attention on the supertanking NIN and the RDM heal the remaining party members fighting the Taru. When the Taru is dead, go after Galka > Hume > Mithra > Elvaan by picking them off the NIN one at a time. Have the RDM keep an eye open for the Mithra to cast Charm and sleep the player she hits with it to avoid a mess. With the amount of DD that you have available, it should be really fast. Your setup seems like overkill to me. Enjoy

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
            This is going to destroy them. Have the WHM buff with the usual stuff as well as Auspice. Pick one of the NIN's (whatever one has the best Evasion) to run in after buffs and grab everything in the room, RDM should sleep both the pets and the remaining Melee all charge in and Zerg the TaruTaru AA. Have the WHM focus his attention on the supertanking NIN and the RDM heal the remaining party members fighting the Taru. When the Taru is dead, go after Galka > Hume > Mithra > Elvaan by picking them off the NIN one at a time. Have the RDM keep an eye open for the Mithra to cast Charm and sleep the player she hits with it to avoid a mess. With the amount of DD that you have available, it should be really fast. Your setup seems like overkill to me. Enjoy
            If you are just going for an evasion supertank, the thf might be better suited for the task.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
              If you are just going for an evasion supertank, the thf might be better suited for the task.
              Good Point. I guess it all boils down to Gear/Talent/Evasion Skill. Whoever of the 3 has the best of all 3 categories should be holding the clusterf*** of AAs.

Comment

I'm wondering how this went because I'm waiting in Ro'Maeve right now for the time to get the KI for this. And the suspense is killing me.
                99 DNC
                99 WHM
                99 WAR
                * 99 THF
                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
                  I'm wondering how this went because I'm waiting in Ro'Maeve right now for the time to get the KI for this. And the suspense is killing me.
                  Hope and Pray that it's clear weather. I've sat there for 3 vana days waiting in a row... because it allllllllways decides to thunderstorm when I'm waiting.

Comment

Back when I still played, the cap was 75 and PLD/RDM was still relevant, I decided to try soloing Ark Angel EV. I wasn't expecting to win, but I had just finished capping my Staff Skill and was wondering how long I could last with Spirit Taker feeding my Phalanx/Stoneskin and Cures.

She opened the fight with Dominion Slash from across the room. I went a little pale when that happened. Turns out they don't need TP for their unique "WS" and can spam it whenever they want.

I didn't last very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                      Hope and Pray that it's clear weather. I've sat there for 3 vana days waiting in a row... because it allllllllways decides to thunderstorm when I'm waiting.
                      Got it first try
                      99 DNC
                      99 WHM
                      99 WAR
                      * 99 THF
                      99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                      99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

-.-)b

Comment

We did this last night. Went in with PLD/WAR, 2x WAR/SAM, WAR/DNC, BLU/???, 2x WHM/SCH, DNC/SAM. We had the PLD kite everything and just picked off the Ark Angels one at a time. Galka > Mithra > Hume > Elvaan > Taru (which we left in the arena until we were done the others. If I were to do it again, I would say a supertank strategy with the PLD (or an evasion tank) would be the best way to go. Kiting just makes it harder to curebomb, especially when one of their WS/JA has a silence effect. Wasn't overly hard though.

PS - The record (which we didn't even come close to) was 5 min 2 sec by 6 players on Cerberus.
                          99 DNC
                          99 WHM
                          99 WAR
                          * 99 THF
                          99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                          99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                          X