This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A more in depth guide to Zilart Missions

If anyone has further information, please feel free to add.

ZM1: After defeating the Shadowlord, go to Norg for a cutscene right as you enter the small town.

ZM2: Talk to Gilgamesh in Norg at L-8.

ZM3: Go to Kazham and talk to the Mithra leader, if I'm not mistaken the position is at J-9.

ZM4: There's a few quests you have to do before you can do this mission. First, go to I-8 in Norg and talk to Magephaud. Give her 3 goldbeastcoins(about 8-10k each) and she'll give you a key that will open a hidden door to reset tonberry hate, everyone needs to do this. Second, you'll need a paintbrush in order to get to Den of Rancor, only 1 person will need this. Go to the Temple of Uggalepih and fight Tonberry Cutter till they drop "a Uggalepih key". Tonberry Cutters can be found a little further in from the entrance.

Third, 4 unlit lanterns must be obtained. It is dropped by Tonberry Maledictors. There are alot of spots to find them, but here's where I camped them. From the main entrance of Temple of Uggalepih, head to J-7 and open the secret door, exit at K-3 to Yhoator Jungle. Go to another entrance at the right side of
    K-9 in Yhoator Jungle. Once in the temple, go to H-7. There should be 2-3 Tonberry Maledictors there and I got 1 unlit lantern for every 2-3 kills(I've heard other people say it took them 5 hours to get 4 lanterns, and some even more so I may be just lucky). Each party will need 4 lanterns, or if there's a balanced alliance(meaning each party can fight the bc battle without rearranging members in an alliance), only 4 lanterns is needed for the alliance.

Once you got the Uggalepih key and 4 unlit lanterns, go back to the main entrance and head to F-7 on the first map to get the paintbrush. After that, head to F-11, one of the walls in the middle can be opened with the key from Magephaud, there'll be a tonberry priest that will reset hate for a price. Resetting hate will ensure that the tonberry ability "Everyone's Grudge" won't hurt, so I recommend everyone in the party to pay.

Now exit at F-5 to enter Yhoator Jungle and enter the temple at H-11. Once in the temple, head to I-10 and defeat the Temple Guardian. Make sure to prevent the Temple Guardian from using Meltdown ability by using stun because it can kill the whole party. After you kill the Temple Guardian, the door in front will open. Once it is open, head to J-7 and keep going further. There'll be a room with a bunch of paintings and 2 with just the frame. Go to the frame that you have to face south to, and use the paintbrush. It will take a couple minutes to open the door so I recommend clearing out this room. If you don't want to gain hate by killing tonberries, call for help. Once the door is open run in and zone to Den of Rancor.

Invisible/Sneak everyone in the party and go to E-5. Clear the room and have people with the unlit lanterns touch the Altar of Rancor to get a Rancor Flame. Once that is done, head to I-5 which will go to another map. On the second map, go to E-5. It is recommended to clear this room because you can't light the lanterns while getting hit. Have each person with the Rancor Flame light the four lanterns to open the door.

After zoning to a new area, go inside the door for the BC fight. There are 3 tonberry NMs. Here's the order of fight:

1 - Tonberry Molyb'iton (BLM)
    2 - Tonberry Grav'iton (THF)
    3 - Tonberry Tungs'iton (SMN) + elemental pet

When the SMN is left, be careful of the special attack. It will summon a random avatar(usually at around 50% HP) and use their special attack so you have to be really really fast in order to cast bar- spells as it takes less than 2 seconds to cast that special attack. Note that the avatar summoned is not related to what type of elemental pet it has, it is completely random. After the fight and cutscene, if you exit the area you'll end up in Temple of Uggalepih, not Den of Rancorr.

ZM5: Collect 7 prays from Cermet Headstones, 4 are NM fights. I recommend at least 2 PT of LV65+ or 1 PT of LV75 to make this easy.

Thunder - Behemoth's Dominion
    Go to G-9, clear the area, and have one person touch the stone. Two weapon NMs will appear. It is possible to pull 1 at a time if the person touching the stone has sneak. Pull either one and just kill.

Fire - Ifrit's Cauldron
    Enter Ifrit's Cauldron from G-6 in Yhoator Jungle. Sneak/Invisible everyone and head to H-8. After the map change, head to D-12. Then head to J-8. There'll be a Flame Spout before being able to go to J-8, either wait or use an ice cluster. After J-8, go to E-7, then G-7. From here to the exit at Yuhtunga Jungle(C-7), there'll be 2 Flame Spouts, and there may be an NM named Ash Dragon at around G-9. I'm not sure if it aggros through sneak or invisible, but it is possible to stick to the walls and walk past him that way just to be safe. Here's a rundown of getting to Yuhtunga Jungle from
    Ifri't Cauldron: G6>H8>D12>J8>E7>G7>C7

After entering Yuhtunga Jungle, go to K-7, the headstone will be at L-6. Touching the headstone will pop 2 monkey NMs. It is possible to pull 1 monkey by sneaking. If you trade a Garnet to the headstone you can get a Monkey Necklace.

Water - Cape Terrigan
    Go to F-7 to a cave, then head to H-5 from there. This doesn't show on the map so just hug right all the way from F-7. A Darkstalker NM will pop after touching the headstone. Beware of Dimensional Death as this NM likes to use it. Trade Rain Lily flower to the headstone to get a Flagellant's Rope.

Light - Sanctuary of Zi'Tah
    This is by far the hardest NM fight compared to the others. Go to J-9, then I-7(or to make it easier, just hug left from J-9). A flesh type NM will pop and it hits a LV68 PLD for 250, and doubles for 500. So make sure to have everyone heal the tank. This fight is MUCH easier with Ninja and/or Summoner.

The following are non NM fights, so it can be done alone.

Ice - Fei'Yin
    Go to G-9 to head downstairs, then head to I-5 to enter the Cloister of Ice, the headstone is right behind the crystal.

Wind - La Theine Plateu
    Enter Ordelle's Cave from F-7. Make a left and go to I-6. Then head to H-9. After climbing all the way up, go to H-12 and drop down the hole. Then go to I-11. After the map change, exit at G-10 to La Theine Plateu. The headstone is at G-11.

Earth - Quicksand Caves
    Enter Quicksand Caves from West Altepa J-9. Once inside, go to K-6 and drop down the hole and exit to West Altepa. Go to H-8 in West Altepa to find the headstone.
    Bastok Rank 10

Zilart Mission: all complete

ZM6: After all 7 prays have been collected(1 is given to you after ZM4), head to Quicksand Caves for a BC fight with 3 anticans. Party setup should be LV67+ to make it easy. I believe a good party of LV65 can kill it.

From West Altepa, go to D-12 to enter a hidden cave, then keep going and enter Quicksand Caves at C-11. Once inside, go to E-7. Note that there's a circular pattern that you have to stand on to. Have either 1 galka or 2 of any other race stand on the smaller circle to open the door. After going through keep going west and fall down the pit. Then keep going north to zone to the Chamber of Oracles.

I don't remember the names but here's the layout & order of fight:

1 - BLM = Triarius V-VIII
    2 - PLD = Centurio V-III
    3 - RNG = Princeps V-XI

So, a good way to remember the order is T > C > P. It seems that alot of people had trouble sleeping the PLD. The bard(level 67) in my party didn't have any problems but the mages kept getting their sleep resisted, even with elemental seal.

Use the same strategy as ZM4 to defeat them. Be careful of the RNG special attack, it hit me for 600 dmg to PLD LV69, but I heard other people were hit for over 1000 dmg.

ZM7: Cutscene after antican fight.

ZM8: Before going to Delkfutt's Tower, have the melee buy healing potions. I recommend hi-potions since you can just spam heal if necessary. Mages should buy drinks and ethers. The most important thing about this battle is to have MP. Also have the mages buy echo drops(I think 6 per mage should be enough). If you have the delkfutt key, bring them so you can use the elevator.

Party setup of LV67+ should be able to defeat it if they're good. My party consisted of LV71 SAM/WAR, LV70 WHM/BLM, LV69 PLD/WAR, LV69DRG/WAR, LV67 BRD/WHM. I think this battle is overrated. Most people say you need a full party of LV70+ to defeat him, but for our party it was pretty easy.

Once inside Delkfutt's Tower, if you have the delkfutt key, make a left at the first fork and go to E-8. Then go to H-8 and search for ???. Click it and you'll be transported to Upper Delkfutt's Tower. At Upper Delkfutt's Tower, go to F-8 through the door, and go up the stairs to the 11th floor. Remember to sneak/invisible as you can get aggro from bats and giants.

On the 11th floor, go to J-6, then on the 12th floor go to F-10. Zone through the portal to Stellar Fulcrum.

There really aren't any strategy for winning this battle other than keeping everyone alive. The boss will use dispelga at start and later on an attack that wiill do 75% of your HP damage, meaning if I have 1000HP, the attack will do 750 dmg. I have yet to confirm if this is true but that attack hit me for a consistent damage everytime. The boss likes to use this attack whenever his TP is charged so just be careful. There will also be times when the boss resets the aggro(hate will be 0 for everyone) similar to how the mass petrify works with anticans. This usually happens after casting dispelga and mass gravity.

ZM9: Talk to Gilgamesh.

ZM10: Head to Ro'Maeve and zone to Hall of the Gods at H-5. Observe the gate at the other end of Hall of the Gods two times.

ZM11: Go back to Norg and talk to Gilgamesh, then go to Rabao and talk to Maryoh Comyuja, who's standing in front of the windmill at G-7.

ZM12: Head back to West Altepa D-12-->C-11 to enter Quicksand Caves. Go to K-8. After going through the door, open another door at G-8. Walk through and fall down the pit. Then look for a ??? around where you fell. It should be found at the pillar.

Touch the ??? and an NM pot will spawn. This battle is easier than ZM8. Make sure to silence the NM if possible. After the NM is defeated, click the ??? again to get a key item.

Go back to Rabao and talk to Maryoh Comyuja, who will give you a key item. Go back to Ro'Maeve and check the gate at the other end of Hall of the Gods again.

ZM13: Cutscene after touching the gate at Hall of the Gods. Congratulations! You can now enter Tu'lia.
    Bastok Rank 10

Comment

Where were you yesterday when I looked everywhere for this info? Bah! lol

Thanks. hehe

Title: Sergeant Major
      SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
      Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
      Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
      Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

lol sorry it took me days to figure out how to be able to post topics here.

:spin:
        Bastok Rank 10

Comment

lol. np. thanks for the work/effort.

Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major

Comment

If you dont mind id like to merge your thread with the sticky above ..
            after you PM or reply with an answer Ill do what you want.
            It's Official Promathia Hates me....
            それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
            Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
            A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Just do whatever it is you feel is right.
              Bastok Rank 10

Comment

Some of this information is taken from previous forum posts and other forums. I combined both my experience and the other guides posted to come up with the following mission guides.

ZM14: Ark Angel battle x 5.

For this mission, the goal is to defeat 5 Ark Angels. The good news is that you can beat them one at a time. The bad news is that each one is harder than ZM8. The reason why they are harder is because they have 2 jobs. They can use the 2hr special of both jobs. For example, the Ark Angel EV(PLD+WHM) can use Invincible and Benediction.

Here's a Map of Ru'Aun Gardens .

Basically, to get to the Ark Angels, take the red portals. If you want to get to the different islands, activate pincer stones and take the blue portals. There are no aggro in this area except for the groundskeepers standing on a blue symbol(people call them the detectors), so stay far from those. By now it should already be known that elementals and magic pots aggro by magic.

Here's another Map of Ru'Aun Gardens showing the pincerstone locations.

Here's the order of the fight: TT, MR, HM, EV, GK. Recommended levels is 70+. I went with 70 PLD & WHM, 75 MNK, RNG, RDM, SMN. Note that for all Ark Angels, their normal attacks do
                100-150 damage to 70 PLD.

Ark Angel TT(BLM + DRK):

-does AE attack [Amon Drive] that can paralyze and petrify, doing 100-300 damage.

-casts up to level 4 magic.

-teleports around.

The strategy to beat this guy is to have mages stand outside the circular battle field and just attack/heal from there as the AE attack can be deadly if the white mage is hit. Other than that, just have the melee do their usual.

Ark Angel MR[THF + BST]:

-Rampage WS for 800+ damage towards the end of fight.

-[Havoc Spiral] for 2-300 damage. Also uses a sleep WS(can't remember the name for the life of me), so buy some poison potions.

-Uses Call Beast at start. If the pet called is anything but a tiger pet, run away from the battlefield by clicking the portal, as the battle can get very hard.

Sleep the pet and just focus on Ark Angel MR. Aside from Rampage the fight isn't too bad.

Ark Angel HM[NIN + WAR]:

-Blink tanks.

-Uses WS [Cross Reaver] for 500-900 damage.

Some people say this is the hardest battle, but it was one of the easiest for ours. There really aren't any strategies for defeating HM other than pound him with attacks.

Ark Angel EV[PLD + WHM]:

-May use Invincible and Benediction.

-Uses [Spirit's Within].

-Uses Shield Bash, ALOT, and it has a long stun time. Erase can take out this stun effect so it can be invaluable for this battle.

-Uses AE attack [Dominion's Slash] that also silences, does
                2-300 damage. Buy Echo Drops!

This is by far the hardest out of all AA battles. Spirit's Within, when used with high HP, can be very deadly and may kill anyone instantly. Most parties beat this through luck, meaning sometimes EV only uses Spirit's Within when HP is low enough to not instantly kill anyone. My party used this strategy: RDM casts Gravity, PLD Provoke and run around the map while EV chases PLD. Everyone else just attacks EV from there. It was a long fight but at least it was a sure win this way. This strategy only works if there's a mage that can cast Gravity.

Ark Angel GK[DRG + SAM]:

-Uses Call Wyvern and Meikyo Shisui. It is possible that GK can create a Light Skillchain when using Meikyo Shisui. For our battle, GK did a Fragmentation with Tachi: Yukikaze and Tachi: Gekko.

-Jump ability that does AE damage and binds for a few seconds.

The dangerous part for GK is that he deals a ton of damage. For our party, we defeated GK but only the WHM and SMN lived. Thank god for Fenrir.

ZM15:

-Enter Ru'Avitau Gardens from H-9 in Ru'Aun Gardens. The mission log should change. Now go to Norg and talk to Gilgamesh. Then go back to Ru'Aun Gardens.

-Enter Ru'Avitau Gardens again from H-9 and there will be a cutscene.

ZM16:

-After entering Ru'Avitau Gardens from H-9 in Ru'Aun Gardens, you will appear at G-12 based on this Map of Ru'Avitau Gardens .

-Have one person go to H-10 and activate the Yellow Monolith.

-Go back to Ru'Aun Gardens and use the pincerstones and blue portals to go from I-10 (to J-9) then walk along to K-7 (and be sent to J-7) to get to I-6(have to walk down the stairs). You will enter Ru'Avitau Gardens at K-5 of this map.

-It is recommended for everyone, including mages, to buy Sneak Oil and Prism Powders. 6 of each should be enough. Weapons aggro through sound and Golems aggro through sight. Make your way to H-9 and go down the stairs, then zone to the Celestial Nexus to fight with final boss!

ZM17:

-Final cutscene.

SPOILERS FOR ZM16 FROM NOW ON!

SPOILERS FOR ZM16 FROM NOW ON!:

-Battle with Eald'narche. He has two forms. It is recommended for everyone to buy Hi-Potions, and a few Hi-Ethers wouldn't hurt either.

1st Form

Orbitals x 2: has 300hp and if defeated, can regenerate.

Exoplates: armor surrounding Eald'narche, he is invulnerable while this armor is up.

Eald'narche: invulnerable to attacks until Exoplates is defeated. He really likes to use ancient magic and sleepga, so be careful.

Have the melee use 2hour special to quickly dispose of the Exoplates. Sleep the Orbitals as they're not worth attacking. After the Exoplates are gone it only takes a few hits to get Eald'narche to his second form.

2nd Form

There won't be time to rest as Eald'narche will rush straight to the party. He will still mainly use Ancient magic and Sleepga, and will add WS here and there. One of his WS is AE damage(around 200ish damage) and will terrorize and bind those that are hit. Terrorize will prevent that player from doing anything for 5-10 seconds.
                Bastok Rank 10

Comment

After reading your guide I think it deserves to be stuck not merged as yours is more indepth and comphrehensive.

Very Good Job.
                  It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                  それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                  Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                  A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Woot! I agree with tazirai and praise him/her for this decision.

But, you got me weeping about the upcoming battles. AAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEE!!! ;;

Comment

Re: A more in depth guide to Zilart Missions

Originally posted by aques
                      go to I-8 in Norg and talk to Magephaud. Give her 3 goldbeastcoins(about 8-10k each) and she'll give you a key that will open a hidden door to reset tonberry hate, everyone needs to do this
                      he dont accept when i trade him :confused:
                      he tell me he will help when time will come

i accept ZM4
                      i did all this steps also
                      If anyone has further information, please feel free to add.

ZM1: After defeating the Shadowlord, go to Norg for a cutscene right as you enter the small town.

ZM2: Talk to Gilgamesh in Norg at L-8.

ZM3: Go to Kazham and talk to the Mithra leader, if I'm not mistaken the position is at J-9.

===============
                      you sure the npc name is Magephaud?
                      maybe its someone else

Main : Sephiro
                      Mules : Sephira Eviljin Sephon
                      COP missions = Complated

Comment

You havent built up enough grudge yet. I dont remember how much you need but it was hitting me for 600's when I finally got him to give me the quest, and thus the reward.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Small note about the Elvaan AA ... Gravity marathon isn't quite foolproof. After about 10-15mins her Gravity resist goes up a lot, after 20-25mins it's practically impossible to land it.

Comment

I killed 6-8 of the weakest Tonberries in Yhoator,
                            the last one cast 'Word of Bane' on me...
                            It didn't seem to do anything to me,
                            so I assume that's when you know you have enough 'rancor',
                            because when I got back to Norg, I got offered the quest and got the key.
                            Rude, but not wrong. ;x
                            Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
                            'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
                            'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
                            Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
                            Private First Class
                            Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
                            Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
                            "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

Hrmm I looked into it I guess you only need to kill one. He just has to see you have been messing with them. Anyhow Word of Bane casues Curse if it lands.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Working...
                              X