Having Major Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Major Issues

So I decided to install FFXI to my 360, as my friend doesn't play anymore and I never did get any of the achievements.

Well, the installation went fine but it keeps saying my PLO ID or Password is wrong, and I know it damnwell isn't. So I'm trying to reinstall the PC version now, and every freaking time I attempt to run the viewer I just get a windows error message saying it's stopped working.

Not really sure what to do here... I was going to log on via my PC to make sure it wasn't an issue with trying to link my gamertag, and to double check my POL mails from SE but I can't even get that far now.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Having Major Issues

Can you sign in to the SE account page without any problems? Maybe it's something with the linking of the account because you have had it deactivated?
    99 DNC
    99 WHM
    99 WAR
    * 99 THF
    99 BLM * 99 RDM *
    99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I managed to figure out it, all is well now thanks.

I forgot that there was a separate Vista/Windows 7 download (I can pretty much chuck my POL disc at this point but I still like to keep it) and as it turned out I just needed to set my SE account password as my POL pass and it accepted that. Kinda weird as my old POL password never changed nor did it ever give me any grief, but oh well.

Just need to use up the rest of my crysta now. Under payment options though, can I have separate billing methods for both games, or is it 1 or the other for the master account? I'd rather put XIV up front on my credit card, then after the 1st bill comes in just add the 500-something crysta I need for 1 month of discounted XI so i can go to mhaura for my achievements and clear out my remaining crysta.
      sigpic

Comment

Dunno the answer to the billing question.
        99 DNC
        99 WHM
        99 WAR
        * 99 THF
        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

I want to say the payment option is for the account itself and not just each game.... not 100% sure on that though ;p
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

You can set separate payment methods for each product, just need to update the options for it.

Whether that timing will work or not, I dunno.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

So I can do it how I want to then?

The way I understand it, the discount for FFXI checks to see if XIV is also active at the same time. If it's not, then you don't get the discount.

Now, if this means I need to have the full regular amount first, and then that's lowered... ugh @_@ why did SE have to make things so complicated?

It's only like $2 worth of crysta I have left over, but I'd still like to use it up. I could always just buy enough crysta for FFXIV and do it that way, I just didn't really fancy that.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X