This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFRep Translation Project.

Alu, Yea I finally came back to FFXI (it keeps calling me damnit! But, hey, that's a good thing hahaha)..

Viper, if you could send me a log from the EU version, that would be much appericated.

As it stands righ tnow, I'm prob. going to scrap the project and start over, I think currently its way too screwd up to even compile right, let me see if I can find something. =\.

Anyway, Yea, the code is written in C# (Pretty much C++ +Java made a baby I think is how to explain it anyway, crappy code in a crappy langauge).

Comments are written in Japanese, which take me awhile to translate.

Anyway, I'll post more tonight after I have a chance to dig though my coding files.

EDIT: The only thing I see wrong with doing this program now, is that FFIP Parser is almost as good as this now. The only thing i see this doing is making graphs. (Then again, I don't have the newest FFIP so I don't know what it does).
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Since I've never used FFRep, I don't really know what it has on FFIP, but I'm using kind of an old version of FFIP I dunno . Does it still require you to echo commands to the parser in order to get things like DPS and all of that? Kind of annoying.

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

I'm not really sure anymore, the version I have is really outdated (like .45 or something like that) he's up to .99b now.
        -Baka Inu!
        Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

Originally posted by Alucath
          As far as I know, currently it is just a menu translation. But it's going to be changed to EN Log file parsing soon. The problem is it's going to take a bit of coding.. Reading through all the code and figuring out exactly how it's parsing and then editing it because JP and EN Logs are SO completely different. If we're lucky, they didn't change the EU logs (at least for english speaking countries) and this will work for all those english speaking EU players!
          This is the major problem I'm still having, Even with my current coding right now, ebcause of all the comments being in Japanese, it's hard for me to come to terms with what the english equlivalnt is, so pretty much I ahve to trace about 20,000 lines of code to figure out what's going on.

In all honesty, look for a update sometime real soon. (as in before the end of the week) as to what's going ot be happeneing.

Yea, I know I've disapeared in the past, but I'm back, with alot more programmign experience, and some new friends to help.

But, I still need someone who's fluent in C# (It's alot like java, but still different).
          -Baka Inu!

Comment

Awesome, I can't wait.

I'm still pretty low on the programming experience side, but I'd love to help out if I can. Maybe I'll be a tester ;P

Corwynn's Journal

Red Mage for life.

What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Comment

Ok here is a log file, a german one.

though there is no german game language, it is all in english :D

i looked onto it and it seem quite easy to understand the file.

so a start from zero should be ok too, if you have too much trouble with the translation.

i have a lack of skill in java for those a "big" project ^^

besids i plan to give every event a time stamp, but i dunno how fine this will work (and how much resources this will cost. (the program then has to copy the needed lines with an extra time stamp into a new file)
              (started with something like
              /echo LogStart "filename from where the stats are mad later"
              or so)

but, my time is limited
              i have to work (35h a week) and going to evening-school, so im out from 8AM till 9:30PM.

the main thing is, how to record the stats. better in a database??? for nearly every single stat (for every player, every mob, almost everything like i`ve seen on some parser pages) or only to log the "basics".

and i sometimes have a lack of english language ^^ sorry for that :D

ps.: hope the file-attachtment works
              Attached Files
              Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

ok was a bit busy

i tested a bit with the log files. sounds not so hard to handle.
                but i`m still missing .net
                so i can`t go on testing
                Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Last_Viper, yea, I'm starting this from scratch, using a C++ program I had complied back in the day. Pretty much, it's better to use ffrepolog, then to use what it has here. Because, the temp files it has, arnt' very good, it'd be better to read in a text file, and such, then to do stuff like that. /looks at his codings.

Double Post Edited:
                  I need the html file that ffrepolog gives me, can anyone get me that?
                  Last edited by InuTrunks; 10-14-2005, 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  -Baka Inu!

Comment

has this project been killed? i just brought the game over the web so i thought i would check if there were any useful programs and found this old post.

Comment

Most likely, InuTrunks quit playing at the beginning of '06. So unless someone else took up the cost and I haven't heard anything about it, then its probably on hold indefinately.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I'll take part in the development.

I have 1 year experience in C#.

I know Generics, Threading I will have to work on and delegates. Cause I didn't need it with ASP.NET.

I can come out with pretty good stuff once I have everything planned out and how it works. I can also do VB.NET.

And translate between both good.

So just send me a PM if you want me to help.

I also have a little knowledge with SWF(System.Windows.Forms).

The only thing I can't do is the Drawing with code. >_<

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
                        Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Ahha! Funny what you find sticked a year later. I might start this project up again if there's intrest, since i'm back activly playing.
                          -Baka Inu!

Comment

Working...
                          X