X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling your account

SQUARE ENIX Support Center

"How to Cancel the Account and Stop Billing

There are two methods that can be used in order to cancel an account and stop future billing. Each method may be accomplished through the PlayOnline Viewer.

Method #1 will show you how to cancel the Content IDs. Canceling the Content IDs is the recommended method, as it will make reactivating an account in the future a simple process.

Method #2 will show you how to unsubscribe the PlayOnline account, which also provides you with the option of removing your payment information.

Method #1 Canceling Content ID

Canceling the Content ID(s) will stop all billing at the end of the current month, but will leave your payment information on file. You can reactivate the Content ID(s) or purchase new ones by simply entering the PlayOnline ID and password. This way, you can reactivate the account and return to the game without having to re-enter your payment information.

To cancel each Content ID through the PlayOnline Viewer:
    - Select "Service & Support"
    - Select "Membership"
    - Select the "Please choose a category" dropdown menu
    - Select the "Cancel Content ID" option
    - Follow the onscreen instructions

Method #2 Unsubscribing the PlayOnline account
    Unsubscribing the PlayOnline account will deactivate the account effective at 12:00am that evening. This method will also cancel all Content IDs and cease all billing at the end of the current month. When unsubscribing, you will be presented with the option to remove your payment information.

To unsubscribe the account through PlayOnline Viewer:
    - Select "Service & Support"
    - Select "Guide"
    - Select "Unsubscribing from PlayOnline and Cancelling Content ID's"
    -Follow the on screen instructions

Please keep in mind that regardless of the method selected, all Content ID and PlayOnline account information will be stored for at least 90 days, including the month in which the service was cancelled. After 90 days the Content IDs and PlayOnline account information may become unavailable.

If you have uninstalled the PlayOnline Viewer software but still have the disc, you may reinstall it without incurring an additional charge.
    "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated above, after 90 days your account will not be available if you cancel your POL ID. I recommend canceling your Content ID's and not your POL ID. POL is free and you will also still have access to the chat rooms and to the messaging service to keep in touch with your FFXI friends.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.
Working...
X