Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please be aware of the size of our sigs and avatars...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be aware of the size of our sigs and avatars...

The forum rules state:

7. Keep signatures and avatars file size small!

Image sizes used in the personal photo or signature area must be kept small! Please keep the images below 25 Kilobytes and no larger than 550 pixels wide and no taller than 350 pixels tall. Any images in the signature or avatars area going over 25 Kilobytes may be subject to being edited out. These limits apply to ONLY signatures, personal icons, and avatars of the vBulletin system under personal profile in your control center. 25K is A LOT for signuatures and personal photos, remember these images repeat over and over. So 25K picture X 10 posts in thread = 250K! And soon it can reach several megs! (Especially when your browser is stupid about caching the files.)

If you want to show someone your fan art or an image of something you are talking about on a thread, those limits do not apply. (But please be courtious and keep the image sizes reasonable; or if it is very big, provide a link to it.) No one wants to sit there all day for your image to load just to read a post past yours. Severe violations will result in a warning followed by banning for repeated offenses. If too many people abuse the signature or avatar function, it will be turned off.

So please check the size of your avatars and signatures and size them accordingly. Animated signatures/avatars can be difficult to keep in the set parameters so be especially careful with those.

-The DiV staff
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Please be aware of the size of our sigs and avatars...

As with previous times we've citing this rule, we're not going to go around with a measuring stick handing out citations. Certain sigs, however, have gone way over the line. Check your images and make sure you know where you're at. PM me if you want help compressing an image to get the file size down.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
    X