Clear All

Re: WOTG Starter Information

DNC is hardly slow to lv 4.

Grab a Knife +1 and some meat jerky and hit the Zeruhn Mines >_ >
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Is there any info on how to change one's allegiance from one nation to another?

Unfortunately (for me, anyway), when I went through the cavernous maw in Batallia, I was sent to Rolanberry and I just assumed that I should do what those npcs said and headed to CN. Long story short, I made it all the way to to Windy and did the first mission and am now allied with Windurst with the Cobras. And while Cobra is a cool name or w/e, I'd rather be allied with my home nation of San d'Oria. =/
      "Disgusting little creatures; soon all of you will feel my hate and suffer as I have suffered..." ~Nago

Comment

Originally posted by Vessiran View Post
        Is there any info on how to change one's allegiance from one nation to another?

Unfortunately (for me, anyway), when I went through the cavernous maw in Batallia, I was sent to Rolanberry and I just assumed that I should do what those npcs said and headed to CN. Long story short, I made it all the way to to Windy and did the first mission and am now allied with Windurst with the Cobras. And while Cobra is a cool name or w/e, I'd rather be allied with my home nation of San d'Oria. =/
        All you need is the required recommendation, and then talk to the proper NPC in that country. So go to the Shitadel, get the recommendation from the Elvaan. Make your way to Sandy and talk to Mainchelite. Complete the quest Steamed Rams and you will then be a member of the Sandy Army.
        Odude
        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Awesome, thank you tdh. ^^
          "Disgusting little creatures; soon all of you will feel my hate and suffer as I have suffered..." ~Nago

Comment

I...fail at getting to Windurst.
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

How so? Getting lost? Or getting beat down by the old school Ochus?
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I just need to go back and get the Karugo-Narugo map really quick. I made the mistake of going on WAR/THF and ran out of oils/powders.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

So, just a few things I'd like to add since I didn't see them mentioned here.

Slugs aggro sound, chase slow, lose aggro in water. They're basically like slimey crawlers.

Gnoles aggro *sight only* Walked up to a VT with just invis, no sneak/deo, and it didn't even acknowledge me. Dropped it..and they dropped me.

Pieste run fast, can't lose em, dunno what they aggro too just yet.

Grauberg has freaking hippogryphs, unsure if they're Truesight or not, but they are 75-80 mobs. Also a new type of red and green wyvern, aggro to sight as they didn't touch me with invis up.

Also, I noticed that Grauberg reminded me a LOT of Rivererne. very similar vegitation and rock types, even pieces of the buildings match up material wise with the ruins in Riverene. Throw in hippos and wyverns and it makes ya wonder...

Skeletons in Gusta/Ronfa and most likely saruta are lvl 40-ish. One of em tried to stun me, but didn't cast any super nukes or AM.

Ruby Quadav and Yag High Priests, the true sight/sound NMs that pop in the present day are normal mobs in the past, and not true anything. Though they are at least 75-80 mobs.

And finally:

Zazarg is just as badassed in the past as he is in the present...though he does have a funny looking head.
                  Last edited by Ziero; 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM.
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                    So, just a few things I'd like to add since I didn't see them mentioned here.

Slugs aggro sound, chase slow, lose aggro in water. They're basically like slimey crawlers.

Gnoles aggro *sight only* Walked up to a VT with just invis, no sneak/deo, and it didn't even acknowledge me. Dropped it..and they dropped me.

Pieste run fast, can't lose em, dunno what they aggro too just yet.

Grauberg has freaking hippogryphs, unsure if they're Truesight or not, but they are 75-80 mobs. Also a new type of red and green wyvern, aggro to sight as they didn't touch me with invis up.

Skeletons in Gusta/Ronfa and most likely saruta are lvl 40-ish. One of em tried to stun me, but didn't cast any super nukes or AM.

Ruby Quadav and Yag High Priests, the true sight/sound NMs that pop in the present day are normal mobs in the past, and not true anything. Though they are at least 75-80 mobs.

And finally:

Zazarg is just as badassed in the past as he is in the present...though he does have a funny looking head.

If you're going around Jugner, you will need both sneak and invisible if you wish to avoid detection from Lobison. They are bigger badder Gnoles who stand on their hind legs and hit like a mack truck @ Hundred Fists speed.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Pieste are sight aggro. And Idk how you ran into the Gryphons and the Wyverns in Grauberg; taking the path to and from Bastok that I go, I NEVER run into them.

But yeah, the Hippos are TS still..
                      The Tao of Ren
                      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                      Originally posted by Kaeko
                      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        If you're going around Jugner, you will need both sneak and invisible if you wish to avoid detection from Lobison. They are bigger badder Gnoles who stand on their hind legs and hit like a mack truck @ Hundred Fists speed.
                        I didn't see an Lobison, but I did see tons of Decrepite Gnoles. They were all T-VT at least. Though I have the feeling something sparks a change between them to fight on all fours or their hind legs, possibly having to do with moonphase. On all 4s they didn't seem that dangerous (beyond the usual dangers of a 75-ish mob) so perhaps the Lobisons are their transformed state and far more powerful.

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                        Pieste are sight aggro. And Idk how you ran into the Gryphons and the Wyverns in Grauberg; taking the path to and from Bastok that I go, I NEVER run into them.
                        But yeah, the Hippos are TS still..
                        Good to know, on both accounts. And I took the shortest path I could find through Grauberg, which meant cliff jumping down one way waterfalls. Between the first and second drop there was a bunch of both just roaming around.

Also, any idea what Wivre aggro too? I ran past a few VTs with no sneak and didn't get aggro, but saw one look at a few uninvised PCs and didn't aggro them either.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                        X