X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOTG Starter Information

Hello Everyone

I'm going to compile some of the information I've found out so far. I hope this helps you guys when you guys start.

Getting Started:

You'll want to head to the Cavernous Maw in Battilia Downs Located at H-5. Once you enter, you'll get a CS and then be taken randomly to either the Cavernous Maw in Sauromungue Champaign, Rolanberry Fields, or Battilia Downs.

Starting Campaign:

From here on you can goto whichever nation you'd like to get a Recommendation Letter which works like the following. . . .

Windurst: Crawler's Nest
    Talk to Kalsu-Kalasu for Key Item: Green Recommendation Letter. You can find Kalsu-Kalasu on a platform to the right once you zone into Crawler’s Nest. It’s about a 30 second walk. Can’t miss him. Afterwards head to Windurst.

Bastok: Eldieme Necropolis
    Talk to Turbulent Storm for Key Item: Blue Recommendation Letter. You will find him within 30-45 seconds of walking straight from entrance of Eldieme Necropolis @ J-10. Now head to Bastok.
    For Bastok People, here is a really nice guide from someone at Blue Gartr

San d'Oria: Garlaige Citade
    Talk to Randecque for Key Item: Red Recommendation Letter. Randecque is found on the 2nd floor or GC @ I-6. You will reach the 2nd Floor by heading towards I-7 of the first map. Now Head to San d’Oria . You will need to talk to Mainchelite in Southern San d'Oria. He is near the AH of old Southern San d'Oria or if you want the position is I-9. He will tell you to find 3 ??? in East Ronfaure. You can find them at . .
    H-8 by the Campaign Fort (in those burned holes)
    I-8 in the water under the mini-waterfall
    J-7 in the top left cornor of the square on the map. The ??? is in vegetation
    Afterwards, head back to Mainchelite to finish up.

Welcome to campaign. You now have access to sigil, Allied Notes, Campaign Ops and all other Campaign related features along with. . . .

The effect remains even if you take them off.
    Duration: 60 mins
    Goes Away when you attack or become attacked
    Doesn't stack with BRD movement songs
    Recharable Unknown BUT you can purchase another one for 980 Allied Notes
    Note: I would advise you to do the Map quests as well while your in these dungeons/safeholds. Look below for directions.

Further Campaign info can be found here

Maps:

To Obtain a Map of Grauberg:
    You will need to to talk to the NPC at J-10 ofBattilia Downs right before you enter Eldieme Necropolis. He will ask that you find a map that is torn apart. It is split into 3 sections like the following . . .
    Left Map: Sacophogus I-9
    Middle Map: On the Gravestone at H-8 next to the big room of I-8 (directly across from the NPC you see in that room)
    Right Map: Talk to NPC in H-7 next to the flame
    Note: Clicking on the Flame and choosing to go further will cause you to be teleported out to Batillian Down

To Obtain a Map of Fort Karugo-narugo
    Talk to Naiko-Paneiko, who can be found right after entering Crawler’s Nest under a wood structure with 3 hanging bags. He is a bit further then Kalsu-Kalasu. If he’s not there you need to wait for Campaigne to be over. You’ll get a CS and afterwards you need to head to G-9 of Rolanberry Fields. If you follow the road, you should see a hill with a fence. On the hill are two tarutarus on top of a cannon. One of them is Rakula-Motakula. Talk to him and you’ll get a CS. He will ask you questions. Keep in mind if you get it wrong you will have to redo the CS with Rakula-Motakula. The Answers for me were 4 leafed mandies, 4 black mandies, 5 flowered mandies. Go back and talk to Naiko-Paneiko to get your map

To Obtain a Map of Vunkerl Inlet
    You will need to goto the 2nd floor of Garlaige Citadel (when I mean 2nd floor, I mean the area where you enter right after you go through banishing gate #1 in the present). You can get to the 2nd floor by opening the gate behind Randecque and procedding forward. Head towards I-6 of 2nd floor and you should come across a storage room. Enter and talk to the NPC named Rarcasmeault. He will tell you to find some Firesand. You will find some if you head to the Storeroom @ G-7 (this is around the area where Old-Two Wings spawns). Next head back to Rarcasmeault and he will give you your map. Please keep in mind if I tell you to go somewhere on this map, do it please. It’s not that I’m lying to you , but rather there are parts where the map doesn’t show the structures.
    Note: For all these quest, if you DO NOT see the NPC it’s not b/c my directions is wrong. I assure you with 100% certainity they are right, but it’s because there is a campaign going on and these NPCs disappear.
    Note2: For these map quest I only needed Sneak as a lvl 75 for Quadavs, Slimes, and Gobbues. The Bats didn’t aggro me even though they were easy prey. Just keep Sneak on though to be safe.

Cavernous Maws:

You can only access the Cavernous Maws that you used to get back from the Past.

Example:
    Enter Past by Batillia Downs, Exit Past by Rolanberry Fields will allow you to access the Cavernous Maw in Rolanberry Fields

Currently there are 9 known Cavernous Maws and their location is the following . . ..

Along the way to San d'Oria . . . .
    • Batallia Downs: H-5
    • Jugner Forest: H-11 (look at the San d'Oria link in Starting Campaign)
    • East Ronfaure: H-4

Along the way to Windurst . . .
    • Sauromugue Champaign: J-10
    • Meriphataud Mountains: K-6
    • West Sarutabaruta: H-9

Along the way to Bastok . . .
    • Rolanberry Fields: H-6
    • Pashow Marshlands: K-8
    • North Gustaberg: K-7

Getting Dancer:
    • You will want to head to Upper Jeuno and talk to the Hume Dancer girl you'll get a CS and choose the appropriate answers.
    • Afterwards you'll need to talk to the Mithra Dancer.
    • Now you will need to head to Southern San d'Oria's Lion Spring Tavern and talk to the Old Elvaan Male behind the counter to perform on the stage. Next you can choose any random motion you want (I personally choose one of each and then an extra one).
    • Now head back to talk to the Mithra Dancer.
    • You will now need to head back in time to the Past Jugner Forest and head to the lake @ I-5. Browse the shorelines to find a Glittering Stone, check it and get a CS.
    • Now head back to present day Upper Jeuno and talk to the Hume Dancer and you'll now be able to become a Dancer

Getting Scholar:
    • Make your way to Eldieme Necropolis @ j-10 of Batillia Downs.
    • Head down to the split at J-8 and look for a NPC named Erlene. If she is not there that means there is a campagin going on and you'll have to wait till it's over. When she appears, talk to her.
    • You will need to obtain 12 Vellum Cloths. There are three ways to go about this.

A: Buy from AH
      B: Crafted
      • 1x Dark Crystal
      • 1x Sheep Leather
      • 1x Rollanbery
      • 1x Gold Dust

C: Talk to a NPC named Tuker in Past Crawler’s Nest @ K-8. You should have Scholar quest flagged now. You can trade him 4 stacks of Rolanberries with each trade for a maximum of 3 trades before he runs out. This is how you get 12 Vellum Cloths from him. Any other method would result in less then 12 Vellum Cloths.
    • Once you get your 12 Vellum Cloths make your way back to Past Eldieme Necropolis as either a RDM or BLM.
    • Trade her your 12 Vellum Cloths.
    • Activate either Chainspell or Manafront and talk to her again. Now you'll be able to become a Scholar

Gobbie Bag Quests

Talk to Bluffnix iin Lower Jeuno @ H-9. He will want the following item for each gobbiebag quest.

The Gobbiebag Part VII

The Gobbiebag Part VIII

Note: Some items are better off being purchased. I would advise doing the quests for the Angel/Deathstones. Also you must wait 1 game day to do the Angelstone quest after the Deathstone quest

Misc

* Pixies will heal and/or Raise 3 you O.o

Well that is all for now, I hope this helps everyone. Thanks go out to the fourms and Blue Gartr and FFXIwikipedia.

Updated #1: Added more details in "Getting Started". Added 2 more Map Quests. Fixed the Rolanberry mistake. Added Misc
    Updated #2: Cut off a section of Getting Started to "Starting Campaigne" since that's what it really is. Went further into San d'Oria and specified Rewards for 1st mission.
    Updated #3: Added a Gobbiebag discovery and section.
    Updated #4: Cleaned things up, hope it's easier to read for you guys
    Updated #5: Completed most of Gobbiebag Quests.
    Last edited by Zempten; 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM.

Re: WOTG Starter Information

Thanks. I'm gonna sticky this so people know where to look to get started.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I wonder if Malacite will see this thread.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...rnous-maw.html

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/mis...s-cns-wtf.html

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm off to ally with my nation after Turkey with the family o.o/

Comment

This is awesome, I'm doing the Rolanberry thing for the vellum because they're selling for 70k/stack on Hades and given the recent purchases I made for my BLM, I don't have that much. -.- /em needs to farm.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Note: FFXIclopedia claims it's one *stack* of rolanberries per 1 vellum, not one rolanberry per one vellum. They also claim there's a limit of 12 vellum you can get by trading rolanberries, so you can't bring a bunch extra and get some vellum to sell on AH.
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

1 quick correction: it is 1 piece of vellum for 1 STACK of rolanberries, and you only can trade him 3 times.

Other than than, awesome.

Comment

So just a regular rolanberry from upper jeuno's M&P shop? Sweet!!!

Now I don't have to pay 65k/stack @_ @

and hey! I didn't see anyone else posting info or trying to work out what to do I made to San d'Oria with the help of my fellow countrymen (despite the 3k EXP loss from the stupid Lobison in Jugner, it was an exciting experience)

EDIT: Wait, only 3 times? then doesn't that defeat the purpose? We can't get a stack taht way.. and SE just made it easier for people - _ -'

The recruitment officers will now remain there even during a Campaign Battle, where as last night I had to work with everyone to fight off the beastmen!
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Made the change about the rollanberry and vellum thing. I just got done with Kings so I'm going to do some more exploration and make a big update hopefully later today.

Comment

You trade 4 stacks at 1 time

Comment

sweetness, i can't wait to start playing

Comment

Alright, small update. I couldn't accomplish much because I kept getting interrupted with Campaign. Also I heard rumors that you can get a deathstone as a reward from a quest in San d'Oria. I didn't add it b/c it wasn't confirmed yet. Well going to eat for Thanksgiving. If I find anything else important I'll update the original post or if you guys feel there's something you need to start you off on WOTG.
                        Last edited by Zempten; 11-22-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I don't see anything about the berries in the OP now...

So does this work or not?

EDIT: nvm I'm just blind.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          Just got both jobs. It woulda been nice to know about those Billybugs btw...

On the way to get Dancer, there are these giant Lady Bugs (not sure what they aggro to) that are like Chigoe on roids. You can actually outrun them a bit, but yeah... they're the only mobs that should aggro (at least a 75 anyway) on the way there. Bring sneak/invis people.

------------------------------------------

Also, it seems Sigil is Signet + Sanction combined, as i'm noticing better Hp recovery when I /heal
                          Last edited by Malacite; 11-22-2007, 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          sigpic

Comment

Another small update. Made some corrections in Getting Started. Going to figure out how to continue the WOTG storyline. I think it has to do with activating all 9 maws, be back later hopefully with good news.

Comment

I honestly don't think that's it. We didn't have too many missions when ToAU or CoP came out. Now granted, 2 is pretty miserable, but given the insane amount of content so far it's not too surprising.

I'd like to know why the hell they put the Maw for Sauro @ the Garlaige exit... that thing is a pain in the ass to get to in the present. At least in the past the fortress is (mostly) working...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X