This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make money as a newbie

Hmm. When working on long, long postings, I use an external editor. Then, I copy into the browser, and press "Preview". If I like what I see, I paste it in again, and hit "Submit". If I don't like what I see, I go back to the external editor and try again (I normally post from my Mac, so use TextEdit or TextWrangler. On PC's I make do with Notepad, but sometimes I load up some text editor.)

The key is not to edit in this blank line eating environment; it really messes up readability of the posts.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I was using word which was probably a bit stupid because I had to go change all the formatting once I had finished it. The formatting including all the spacing stays and registers as under the size allowance on the preview but as soon as I hit save, all the line breaks barring the ones inserted by the list tags disappear. No idea why, have asked for some moderator help ><
      sigpic
      Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

Well, which is why I said: "If I like what I see, I paste it in again, and [then] hit 'Submit'."

Preview is an evil space eater.

- Mugaku

Comment

Thankyou, obviously didn't take that in reading your post and left my brain in my other trousers when I was checking it myself. All fixed now
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for this guide.

As soon as I can, I'm going to take up the trade of the Blacksmith. I also sell Crystals a lot to the AH. Fire Crystals in the Windurst Area seem to be selling fast, so I mostly put those and Lightnings up for auction.

Great, comprehensive guide.
            Firaeon : Ramuh
            WAR: 6 RDM: 5 WHM: 1 BLM: 1
            THF: 2 MNK: 2
            Main Job - WAR - Sub-Job - None

Comment

Very nice share here for our FFXI beginners. Now i am even using this guide. :D Very nice though.

Comment

Great guide! I'm going to go give Alchemy a try. Thank you. ^^

Comment

Be warned that Tsurara have become much more expensive to make ... ice crystals have had a price spike recently. It looks like the prices might be easing back down, but it's not as low as it used to be.

Comment

This is really good, thanks for making this, now I know ware to start making gil! :D
                    Originally posted by Silent Howler
                    Vana'diel is a big world, so don't bite off more than you can chew.

Comment

Might I suggest a small addendum? Since we know people are going to start in the three major cities, might you make recommendations based on the area's most common helm items? Like Bastok is geared towards mining, etc?

I think this might help the folks that actually read *before* they roll determine what race/city they want to start in.

Just an idea, and an excellent compilation of information!
                      NIN-54/THF-30/WAR-28/WHM-20/SMN/SAM/DRG/BST

"We are Homer of Borg. Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilate--ooh, donuts!"
                      Iron Maiden Troopers (IMT)
                      Trion's Death Crew (TDC)

Ramuh

Comment

Selphiie's FFXI Farming Guide may be a good addition to the Reference section.

Also, Somepage.com is getting more and more out of date; the last update (Dec. 19) to the site fixed the security problems, but the databases have been untouched before or after for long, long time. Until it catches up to FFXIclopedia, it may be best to label it as "deprecated" or something.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                          Selphiie's FFXI Farming Guide may be a good addition to the Reference section.

Also, Somepage.com is getting more and more out of date; the last update (Dec. 19) to the site fixed the security problems, but the databases have been untouched before or after for long, long time. Until it catches up to FFXIclopedia, it may be best to label it as "deprecated" or something.

Already asked her permission to link it here, just not had the time to put it up yet and I'm extreemly close to the posting limit (as in a word or two off) so getting it in might take a bit of work. I really wish I'd made a spacer post after it but I wasn't expecting it to be that long.

Somepage I am not so worried about though I might reword slightly. I'm not recommending it here as a gear search but for crafting information where it's still more complete than ffxilopedia.

I didn't actually notice Stocisms reply so probably doesn't matter now but the idea of the guide is to start people off and point people to the places they can find information more tailored to themselves. I've talked about how I made money from crafting low level and given people enough that 5 minutes with wiki would given them enough to choose a start city if they want to pick it that way.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry the update took so long but the farming and reference section have been altered to include Selphiie's Farming guide
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X