Screenshot Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot Program

So, the default FFXI screenshots are crap. I'd like to be able to take fullscreen, UI enabled screenshots. In the past I used Clipper and then Windower, but I'm not sure what is available to me these days. And is also free. Any suggestions?

Re: Screenshot Program

ScreenCap | Rob Loach .Net
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I downloaded a full version of fraps from thr pirate bay.
      The user is called robinhood or something like that. it works well for me and doesn't lag my system up.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I used to use a pirated version of Snagit, and it worked really well. I should probably buy a full copy one of these days.

You could also try WeGame. I believe they enable you to do screenshots and videos, for free.

Comment

Windower is still perfectly good for taking screenshots. You can put "hide" after the line that reads something like "Bind sysreq png" or whatever the fuck it is in the init file, and it will hide all of your plugins so that your recasts don't show, etc. Since most of the plugins look pretty bad on screenshots.

I always took my screenshots with Windower and I had no real issue with using that. Turn off Screenshot Organizer plugin unless you want to spend hours hunting through dozens of folders each labeled with the zone you took the shot in looking for pics. (That was very annoying to me, as I didn't always go looking for a screenshot right when I took it and then when I wanted it I didn't remember where I was when it happened. This was usually for chat log shots, though.)
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Aks, I can't get Windower to work with the Steam version. Dunno why. But I don't care enough to try to figure it out.

Good suggestions, guys.

Comment

Oh, now that's lame. I wonder why that is. I wouldn't be able to play without Windower.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

After playing on the 360 for quite a while I got used to living without extra features, so it doesn't bother me too much. Honestly, all I really ever used in the past was TParty and EXPWatch, so I'm not missing out on much.

Comment

I use a program called Play Claw, not only does it work like Fraps does, but it has the extra option of overlays for Teamspeak/Ventrilo, for some reason the built in overlays in Vent do not work on my PC
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

After playing on the 360 for quite a while I got used to living without extra features, so it doesn't bother me too much. Honestly, all I really ever used in the past was TParty and EXPWatch, so I'm not missing out on much.
                    Yay, another normie.

also, thanks for the suggestions as well. Maybe now i can capture some chat log stuff ><
                    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                    -Verth (90) Completed!!
                    -Guttler (95) Completed!
                    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

That ScreenCap app does stutter FFXI for a second when you take a screen shot, but otherwise doesn't interact in a meaningfully negative way.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        So, the default FFXI screenshots are crap. I'd like to be able to take fullscreen, UI enabled screenshots. In the past I used Clipper and then Windower, but I'm not sure what is available to me these days. And is also free. Any suggestions?
                        MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner

It even comes with video capture. And it's free. You don't need to "overclock" your graphics card or do anything else ... just download it for the screen/video capture and the FPS/card info overlay utility.

I love it and is faster than commercial versions. I can take rapid successions of screen captures to make a "moving picture" effect (although you can just snag the video instead)

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni View Post
                          MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner

It even comes with video capture. And it's free. You don't need to "overclock" your graphics card or do anything else ... just download it for the screen/video capture and the FPS/card info overlay utility.

I love it and is faster than commercial versions. I can take rapid successions of screen captures to make a "moving picture" effect (although you can just snag the video instead)
                          Do you know if theres anyway to get Sound from the video capture on MSI, i can screen cap but i get no sound :x

Comment

Working...
                          X