Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post up some of your favorite Vana'diel scenery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post up some of your favorite Vana'diel scenery!

Simple concept, I think ... I sometimes just like to take SSs because the scenery is pretty.

In one of the valleys in La Theine Plateau while camping Tumbling Truffle:

The waterfall in Jugner Forest:

I just thought this was a "wistful" kind of shot, like she's waiting for someone to come home. This is South Gustaberg.

I think everyone likes this, Yuhtunga Jungle near SSG:

Yes, the horror, the horror, but when you take away the thoughts of death and anarachy, the Dunes really is a tropical paradise:

Not really a special scene but the sunset was gorgeous and it's just another lovely shot I took:

Anyway, post up some of your favorite scenery/pretty shots you've taken over the years.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: Post up some of your favorite Vana'diel scenery!

Yep, dunes really is one of the most beautiful areas in FFXI, sad it's ruined by a bunch of idiots.

Come to think of it, FFXI didn't really have many 'Amazing' areas, they're all fairly realistic, especially compared to COP.

Comment

Just check my sig.

I'm not gonna post 2 Gb of pics from all the stuff I like in that place so just go there and spend some quality time.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Love it here.

A lovely screeny ruined by dead people - I love the island.

Before they stuck an ugly HNM there - I found this by accident.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Though I don't have a screenshot, I really like The ferry in Carpenter's Landing.
          The waterfall in Jugner Forest is also very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
            Though I don't have a screenshot, I really like The ferry in Carpenter's Landing.
            The waterfall in Jugner Forest is also very nice.
            I lived on that ferry for a long time. For a while there I'd hear the music when I wasn't playing. >.>

FFXI is full of some really nice areas. I love Blueblade Fell. I actually didn't go there until I finished CoP and got the cs there. That made it all the better. I really like the Riverne areas, especially how you can see one island from another. So far most of the ToAU areas seem rather dark and dreary compared to the rest of the game.

though I guess the new areas do give you some good shots from time to time.

Last edited by eticket109; 03-15-2007, 02:41 PM.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Heres 2 of mine.
              Approaching Whitegate on the Ferry

Festival time, brick relaxing with trees in blossom.

Comment

Kirsteena where is your first shot taken? I'd like to go there ... provided it's not a death trap for me. (And also provided my game starts working sometime soon!)
                sigpic

Comment

Woot! I'm in one of those shots. Being awesome, as per usual.

Anyway, here are three from me. Sorry for the lack of cropping and the chat logs. I lost a bunch of pictures at the end of last year, and so I kind of have to work with what I had sitting around. Plus, I didn't feel like cropping.

I love how beautiful this Purgonurgo Isle is. Kirst and I went there some time ago, just to relax and take a break from the stress of the game.

We also went to the top of Parrdamo Tor, which was fun. I like the view, but my screenshot doesn't do it justice.

And it may seem quaint, but I really love LaTheine, and the crag there especially. I still remember way back in '03 when I first saw the Holla Crag. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen in a game.
                  Last edited by Murphie; 03-15-2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                    Woot! I'm in one of those shots. Being awesome, as per usual.
                    Cure 4 for 276hp Murph? That's a Fail +1 in my book. Just goes to show you all tarus are like millionaires. They spend twice as much for the same thing, like you spend twice as much MP for what a cure 3 would do.

Comment

A Cure IV for 276 isn't very glorious though. /pokepoke

Edit > Oh man Necropilis beat me to /poke on Murphie ><
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

It was awesome because of how low it was. I wonder why it was so low though? It was forever ago, so I can't really think of why that might have been.

I'm proud to be a +1 fail though, Necropolis. It's better than not failing at all, I say!^^
                        Last edited by Murphie; 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

The guy must've been weakened. /nod

But still, a Fail +1 isn't a Fail +2 so there's still room for improvement.
                          sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Unless someone who is weakened has 1400 + HP ... I doubt it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fail +2 is my goal for 2007, actually. Anyway, moar scenery plz.

Comment

Working...
                              X