Buying/Selling with the Auction House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying/Selling with the Auction House

Don't forget also to do the book quests to increase exp and just sell everything that drops from mobs, honey goes ok.

Fields of Valor - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Also might be worth reading my blog when I started although alittle out of date most is still relevant...

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ffx...haracters.html

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/ffx...-bastoken.html

Comment

Thanks Jarre

Comment

I've just been able to log back on to find that the Paralyze Spell Scroll I put up for sale netted me 6k (I already knew the spell). In total, I pulled in 16k from the items I had on sale ^_^

Comment

Nice. Some spell scrolls sell for quite a lot but be very careful as to which ones you are selling. You NEVER want to sell scrolls you got from quests regardless of the price as the quests are always non-repeatable and you WILL regret it later. Especially spells like Sleepga II, Warp, Escape, Teleport and Recall. Just don't do it, it is one of the stupidest things you can do and there's a VERY good reason why quest only spells are so expensive.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Indeed. I sold a Paralyze scroll that I looted from a Quadav in North Gustaberg. ^_^

Comment

It's why I love ffxiah.com. If I loot something I don't need I can quickly check how much it sells for on the GTN and how much I would get from an NPC. From there I can make a quick judgement as to if I should list it, hold on to it because it could be useful for a quest, or just sell it to an NPC. Scroll drops are really nice when you start off since some spells (like Paralyze or Slow) are used by magi from 1-99, which means anyone without the classes that can learn the spell levelled will need it at some point.

It also lets you check how many of a certain item sell per day. If it says that say 50 stacks of Meat Mithkabobs sell per day and there are 60 listed, then you are unlikely to make a sale unless you are willing to drop your prices. Basic Market Saturation stuff really.

Another trick worth noting: it is possible to "mail" an item to yourself if you lack the storage for it. As long as the item can be traded (So not EX), you can speak to an NPC at the Auction House and send the item to yourself.
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

When I first started playing ffxi, I an out of space so i took a level 30 polearm and put it for sale for 1 million gil at the AH knowing good and well no one would pay1 million gil for it thus additional storage space for me. Anyone see an issue with the maneuver?

(and yes I had been drinking...)
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Win win, extra storage space for a few days, and if someone was stupid enough to buy it, you have a buttload of extra cash.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    Win win, extra storage space for a few days, and if someone was stupid enough to buy it, you have a buttload of extra cash.

Not really... You pay a tax to put an item up for sale... I forget the amount, but I lost alot of gil doing that.
                    RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

I forgot about that, lol.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                        Not really... You pay a tax to put an item up for sale... I forget the amount, but I lost alot of gil doing that.
                        You should have done what I did, which was use the Delivery Box as a virtual storage area. Send stuff to yourself, and it'll queue up in your d-box, I think at one point I had nearly 100 items floating in my delivery box that way.

Nowadays of course there's plenty of storage and inventory so this isn't as useful a trick, but it worked for me and didn't cost me anything but a bit of hassle if I had to find something in my box.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                          You should have done what I did, which was use the Delivery Box as a virtual storage area. Send stuff to yourself, and it'll queue up in your d-box, I think at one point I had nearly 100 items floating in my delivery box that way.

Nowadays of course there's plenty of storage and inventory so this isn't as useful a trick, but it worked for me and didn't cost me anything but a bit of hassle if I had to find something in my box.

Icemage
                          I did this after I face palmed about the AH snafu i made. And you can have 100 floating in the delivcery box, it maxes out until things are taken out of the delivery box. /puts on his thinking cap... i think the max items you can have sent in the delivery box that arent retrieved is like 16.
                          RANK 10 Bastok

Comment

Working...
                          X