OMG! playonline viewer has stopped working windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! playonline viewer has stopped working windows 7

So just to make everyone understand how frustrated i am, i installed this yesterday, as it patched, about ohhh 7 hours into it, it crashes. So i start again now it's installed, now im being told i need to not use steam to install POL and instead use the link on the main site to download the compatible version. Do i need to do that with steam? the guide i read was 3 years old. Also do i really have to uninstall POL AND FF11!? Just to reinstall them for the third time? That makes a grand total of over 25 hours of installation time! Oh and i installed it on my wifes xbox, and my xbox with one disc, waiting for ebay disc but for now i need the PC version. So installing those alone was a major pain in the pompom! 3 installations, 2 on xbox and now one on PC. To top it all off, i put in the code for the beret and SURPRISE! glitch, have to wait..... i must have the patience of a saint! but i need your help. what order do i do this in? Please be specific, i suck with PC.

- - - Updated - - -

32 bit if that matters, Radeon card.

Re: OMG! playonline viewer has stopped working windows 7

forget it, ive had it with this crap, i uninstalled it ALL! reinstalled POL for windows 7 on the main squenix site, installed the game from steam and when i run the game to get it to patch, it plays the intro video then crashes after it. this has to be the single most touchy bs structure ever built. im not surprised considering this game was in development when i was in highschool but i mean cmon Sqeunix! fix your service holy crap! I refuse to sit here for god knows how many more hours when i already been at it for days. i just want to play the Flipping game already!

Comment

People have been waiting for years for SE to fix any number of things for years on end. If I were you I would cut my losses now and go play a game that's actually good, since this seems to be causing you quite a bit of frustration.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

.... no im still gona play this on 360 just trying to get on pc for the meantime to play with my wife until my disc arrives in the mail. But ya they need to get their act together, it just doesn't suit a epic company like squenix to have customer service and infrastructure like this. Most of us grew up idolizing them so it's just a big let down.

Comment

Have you tried to skip the intro cs when you see the spinning crystal?
          If I watch the cs on my pc it crashes just after and I have to log in again. My pc don't like that cs at all. Skippin it though for me is fine.
          I just disable it from the config so it doesn't play.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

You can disable the intro CS on the config.

Also, there's a very good chance there is some sort of bad configuration in your screen/UI resolution that's causing the game to crash. Another option is disabling the sound to see if that's the problem and work from there. If your UI and Screen res are setup properly you may want to try running the game on windowed mode at a 800x600 resolution to see if it works, then adjust your way up until you find what the problem resolution is.

Etc. etc.

Unless you've already done that of course, in which case I have nothing. <_<;
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Windows 7 can't run FFXI in fullscreen mode without some creative registry tweaks due to compatibility issues with DX.

Run the game in windowed mode or use windower. Problem solved.
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

WTF really? That's retarded... I hate how XI looks in Windowed Mode.

Maybe they'll address it in a future update. Best bet would be to complain as loudly as you can on the official forums lol, as it seems to be working thus far >_>
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  WTF really? That's retarded... I hate how XI looks in Windowed Mode.

Maybe they'll address it in a future update. Best bet would be to complain as loudly as you can on the official forums lol, as it seems to be working thus far >_>
                  "PS2 limitations"
                  Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

And "Similar experience".
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

<.< PS2 Limitions doesn't exist anymore. At least, that's what Tanaka said at Vanafest about the redesign of the game they're doing in preparation for the expansion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Game engine limitations. They haven't rewritten the entire code base you idiot.

Comment

Actually I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Tanaka said they've done.

And FYI, the "Limitations" is used in reference to the PS2's RAM, not the game's engine, idiot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Easy killer! lol, poptart cat demands respect! Anyways, thanks guys, im going to give it another shot, im fairly certain it's my setup. im using my 51 inch 1080p 3D tv and it never even occurred to me that may be the issue. im going to try and run in windowed mode after i reinstall ummm.. like everything for the third time XD

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              Actually I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Tanaka said they've done.

And FYI, the "Limitations" is used in reference to the PS2's RAM, not the game's engine, idiot.
                              Doesn't change the fact that the game engine was coded around the PS2's hardware and is therefor going to have hard-coded limitations pretty deep into the code, ability to make use of extra RAM or no. They're not going to rewrite the whole fucking game engine and you know it as well as I do. You might be this stubborn but you're not this stupid Mal.

P.S.
                              The PS2 version is still going to be supported in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                              X