Leveling areas question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling areas question...

So since I haven't played in years...I was wondering if the main areas for grouping up have changed? I have a 16whm,14blm,14war since starting over and been looking to group up in Valkurm Dunes. But I can't seem to find a pt anymore there.

I apologize if I missed this info in another thread but here's what I (sorta) remember for levels vs areas...

10-19ish - Dunes
    19-25 - Qufim
    25-30somethin - jungles

You get the idea anyway...have these changed much? I had over a year of in game time before I quit and now I feel almost brand new again lol.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Leveling areas question...

Most people skip the dunes because it's like pulling your own teeth out, but yeah the leveling areas are still mostly the same.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

ok this game has changed so much. with the lvl sync system it is difficult to say what to do. But I can sound old and say back in my day, yet it won't do anything because of lvl sync.

Do you happen to have the nifty hat that you get from purchasing teh Abyssea eddition of the collectors eddition?
      if you do equip it. Almost every pt you run across will be lvl synced.

10-19ish - Dunes
      19-25 - Qufim
      25-30somethin - jungles
      33 -40 East Sarbatura [s]
      33-36 Garladge citadel

I myself find it difficult to find a pt now adays and even if you do most people don't know how to do their jobs.
      Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
      ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
      Windhurst - 9
      Bastok - 0

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
        Most people skip the dunes because it's like pulling your own teeth out
        I never have had an issue with dunes parties. I can get through the dunes in a full party in about 2 hours with no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
          I never have had an issue with dunes parties. I can get through the dunes in a full party in about 2 hours with no issue.
          I have had precisely one good party in the dunes. Everything after the first was downhill.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I really think it depends on your server and the population of the server. With the advent of Abyssea things have changed dramatically. people just lvl to 30 nd then become key masters for the abysea party.
            Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
            ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
            Windhurst - 9
            Bastok - 0

Comment

Cool thanks for the info! I did get that nifty hat and it has raised me twice now lol. Except I don't think I've been losing exp for deaths anyway...which is weirdin me out. Only trouble with skipping the dunes is sub job items will take a bit longer to acquire.

Comment

The xp/death system has changed somewhat…couple times.

Over the past few years they have
                -increase the xp you get vs EP & DC mobs
                -Doubled (I believe) all xp you get per mob
                -adjusted the xp loss per death.

Im sure you can find the table here somewhere but I think like levels 1-15 there is no longer an xp loss if you die.
                99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                -Verth (90) Completed!!
                -Guttler (95) Completed!
                -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Chapnasty View Post
                  Cool thanks for the info! I did get that nifty hat and it has raised me twice now lol. Except I don't think I've been losing exp for deaths anyway...which is weirdin me out. Only trouble with skipping the dunes is sub job items will take a bit longer to acquire.
                  A recent update changed the minimum level for XP loss from death to level 30. And it's a straighter line, rather than the old "10% of XP to next level" formula. But it still tops out at 2400xp for a Home Point death. It also means you can not intentionally de-level below 30 anymore.

The dunes situation depends entirely on what people on your server are doing. If you have a large enough linkshell, people will probably want to go out there every now and then, but these days parties generally start out in Qufim.

I got tired of not having the right level jobs when people wanted to go out and fight stuff, so I just spent the past few days leveling my last 6 lv 1 jobs to 10+ solo. And when I get those up, I'll still have a few skills to level. It's a lot faster these days, especially if you have an XP ring. If you don't get to level 5 in like 15-20 minutes, you're slacking.
                  Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                  99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                  F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                  >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

As far as I can tell, leveling usually involves 1-15 left to your own devices, 15-30 level sync in gusgen running GoV, 30-40 is kind of a dead zone, although if you can get a few folks ranguemont pass will get you to 38 and page 5 from the GoV tome behind the 2 nd middle door in gusgen will get you from 38-45.
                    You might be stopping to enjoy the game instead of rushing to cap, but that is not normal now. -Mhurron

Comment

Garlaige from about 32-40, Crawlers nest can take you from 40 to 60.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I soloed SAM to 30 in about 12 hours. Starter zone till about level 10, Crag zone entrance till about 15, then near the crag till 16 I think. Then Buburimu outpost till about 20, then outside Mhaura till 25, then Battalia Downs till 30. After that it was another 6 hours to 71 in Abyssea.

You can do parties for Grounds of Valor EXP bonuses, but I was doing short stretches of play late at night, so I just soloed them.
                        http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                        http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                        http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                        My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Was wondering what GoV meant when I was looking for members.. I guess now that I have a few jobs in the 30's I'll try it out. I forget how long it took me to solo up to 16, but took little over 2.5 hrs doing Gusgen book burn to getfrom 16 to 31. Is it strange that I somewhat miss the long tedious grind? Well, if it was still that way I probably wouldn't really miss it...

Comment

Kind of old, but yeah, I just started again yesterday. And I kind of do miss that grind. I miss Valkurm being completely packed. Was just there on Asura (supposed to be the most populated) and I saw maybe 3 soloers. I felt reeeally lost, haha.

This thread helps, though. I'll have to go check out all this new info.

Edit: Wait, what? 30 to 71 in 6 HOURS? What happened to this game? =/
                            Last edited by Belus; 08-06-2011, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Belus View Post
                              Edit: Wait, what? 30 to 71 in 6 HOURS? What happened to this game? =/
                              Abbyssea happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X