Level Sync gimping skill levels,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level Sync gimping skill levels,

First off, I've been leveling Samurai recently; I'm level 65, and to my displeasure, still without Tachi: Gekko. Of course, this is thanks to Level Sync. Now my question for you, FAQ, is simply: What's the best way to cap it again? I can put, "(Level Sync) <65(No thanks.)" in my /seacom, but I'll never receive a party invite that way. I'm nearly half-way to 66, and I'm 7 skill levels to 225 (218, obviously) and Tachi: Gekko, what are plausible alternatives to getting those skill levels aside from an EXP parties and besieged?
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: Level Sync gimping skill levels,

Skill up Parties, or sub dancer, and kill stuff thats about your level. Or get a rdm friend to follow you about as you kill DC-DM con monsters.

Comment

Honestly, I'd stick something in your seacom. You get the most interesting parties when you refuse to sync back past a certain point because all the oddball parties start forming. You'll be waiting on an invite forever, yeah, but you'll eventually get to skillup proper and meet some folks who are willing to try new stuff.

Then again I'm horribly biased because I'm a Red Mage and I don't have to wait weeks on end for a party invite.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Sub dancer and go hard. Samurai is too good.
        Burning questions are burning: Is jenova_9 really a girl and is she cute? Does she talk like that in real life?

Burning.

This is why I J9: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/off...otionally.html

http://selenagomez.com/

Comment

Also, is there a secret to leveling skills faster? Assuming I was in an EXP party, is it better to have lower attack (not for EXP's sake, obviously)? Etc..
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

No real secret but I'd find something else to do till your server receives the Martial Master Kupopower then I'd go nuts levelling your skills.

It does help if you skill off creatures appropriate to the level of your weapon skill though. I use this list as a guide. After the 200 mark I'd just skill on coffer mobs and Steelshells.

Comment

The only real secret is "EM or higher mobs". Because the skill you can get is capped to your skill cap at the level of your target too, not just your own level. If you're level 60 and it's level 58, then you can't get skills past your level 58 cap. See the chart for to find your cap at a given level. And how fast you skill up is determined by your current skill level vs. the cap at your target's level.

Combat Skills - FFXIclopedia

Mages have it easy... there are plenty of spells that a Lv 40 can cast which will land on a Lv 80, and maybe even give an 0.5 skillup. Besieged provides an envionment where you can do that and get away with it without being smashed to a pulp... or at least not as often.

But combat skills require you to be able to hit for non-zero damage, and Besieged mobs can be hard to hit unless you're at least 70 or so WITH sushi, so you basically have to go through the usual progression of crabs (Kuftal, Teriggan, Boyhada). FYI, crabs are used because they last longer, so you don't have to pull as many.

Again, check the chart to see what level you need to fight, and move up when you get close to your cap from your target mob.
              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Leveling melee skills is easy. Go to past Castle Zvhal and run down the stairs behind a fortalice. Equip a low damage weapon with 1-3 damage on it and bash at the fortalice for hours. They have 5k HP each, so hitting for 1-2 damage per hit will take a long time to kill them, and you'll be outside of sight range of the demons. Skilling magic on those sucks, because the elementals will aggro you, and weather is very common in those zones.

I capped dagger, staff, and club skill on my BLM with that method, in only about 4 days. I'd get my character there, engage, and go to work. When I came home I'd have about 70 levels of skill more then when I left. I started at about 20 dagger skill and 100 club and staff skill.

Fortalices are at least level 75, so you can cap all damaging skills on them. Defensive skills will still need a mob that fights back.
                http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

LOL you got a soboro? That shit makes capping skills easy =P
                  Originally posted by Van Wilder
                  Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                  Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                  I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
                    LOL you got a soboro? That shit makes capping skills easy =P
                    That Sam only thought with a Great Katana... No other job has it...

Comment

takelli, that's true, but most other jobs all have 'occasionally attacks X to Y times', Mercurial Spear, Mercurial sword, M. Kris
                      Joyeuse, Gaxe has one now, Ax has one

But yeah realistically they don't come along till late in the game so /shrug

Comment

Ax has one
                        If your refering to the Fendoir from Killer Johnny...F&#K that NM. stingy bastard. i think were 0/6486417587987634587 on him.
                        99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                        -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                        -Verth (90) Completed!!
                        -Guttler (95) Completed!
                        -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                        -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                        -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by bungiefan View Post
                          Fortalices are at least level 75, so you can cap all damaging skills on them. Defensive skills will still need a mob that fights back.
                          Damn. I wish I had realized that. So, like the old Fortification skill-ups only better, that's nice.

I wonder how easy it is to skill up summoning magic on them. There's a summoner in my LS who might just try...
                          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

If you can skill up on them I wonder if you can break latents on them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                              If you can skill up on them I wonder if you can break latents on them as well.
                              I dont see why not. If you can attack them, shouldn't you beable to break latents on them as well?

Its just something that doesn't fight back though lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X