Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of q's on registration, if you don't mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of q's on registration, if you don't mind.

Hello, sorry to bother. It's been sooo many years since I've been in Vana'diel so I just barely remember how things work. I noticed they added 'SecureCode' for registration, so I bought the 360 version as well as the PC version since they were both rather inexpensive and I'm dyin' to play FFXI again.

Anyway, I have a few questions if you could be so kind:

1) iirc, when you create your playonline account, does your free month start already, or does it start when you register your FFXI account? These are two separate actions, correct? I'm wondering as I remember they charge you the first of the month, so I wanted to try and wait it out and not end up with 8 days free.

2) Will I need to throw in the 360 disc to register my FFXI account again? Initially I thought I'd only use it to register my playonline ID but it just occurred to me that I might need it for registering the FFXI account, and I needed to know because a long distance friend is going to be borrowing my discs to do the same process.

3) Since my friend is using the buddy pass, is it used as basically the registration code?

Thanks ahead of time and I greatly appreciate it. I did a search and didn't find the answers to my questions, I'm very sorry if I missed them somehow.

Re: A couple of q's on registration, if you don't mind.

1) Depends. If you are reactivating an old account, then you will be billed for a FULL month no matter what day of the month you start on. That will be billed at the 1st of the next month along with another FULL payment for that month. So start 21st of March and you pay $12.95 for the time in March plus another $12.95 for the month of April. You'll be billed on the 1st of April for both.

If you play a new account with the 30 day free trial, then after your trial is up you will be pro-rated for the rest of the month thats left and then be billed for that and the next month in full on the 1st of the next month.

2) Sorry can't answer this one for sure. I would think that yes you'll need it if you are playing on the 360.

3) Buddy pass is a free trial and should be used like a registration code I believe.

Wish I could give more definite answers for 2 and 3 but its been a while since I've played.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
      1) Depends. If you are reactivating an old account, then you will be billed for a FULL month no matter what day of the month you start on. That will be billed at the 1st of the next month along with another FULL payment for that month. So start 21st of March and you pay $12.95 for the time in March plus another $12.95 for the month of April. You'll be billed on the 1st of April for both.

If you play a new account with the 30 day free trial, then after your trial is up you will be pro-rated for the rest of the month thats left and then be billed for that and the next month in full on the 1st of the next month.

2) Sorry can't answer this one for sure. I would think that yes you'll need it if you are playing on the 360.

3) Buddy pass is a free trial and should be used like a registration code I believe.

Wish I could give more definite answers for 2 and 3 but its been a while since I've played.
      I appreciate your info, thanks for checking my questions ^^ I'm sorry I'm a little confused by the first. I'm actually starting a new account, since my old one was deleted by SE a long time ago since they used to delete them if you didn't pay for a while. What do you mean by "pro-rated"? So if I used my trial now, would I be billed on the 20th of april and then the 1st of may? Or the first of june after that?

Comment

Ok let's say you are going to start playing today, 3/22. You have a 30 day free trial so on April 20th your time would be up. From April 20th to April 30th, you'd be paying for only that portion of the month. It would be approx. $4.31 and would be billed on May 1st along with the $12.95 for May. So it would be approx. $18 for both.

If you would be reactivating an old account, you'd pay $12.95 for March and $12.95 for April. That billing would start on April 1st........and you'd probably think it was an April Fool's joke since you just paid full price for only 10 days of use. lol
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
        X