JP POL account will work on NA FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP POL account will work on NA FFXI?

Okay, I know this question is super generic, but I played FFXI in JP until I got the vista 64.
    I never had an issue installing JP POL+JP FFXI on my computer, but ever since I switched to vista 64 I can't install FFXI expansion.
    So now,I need to use my friend's NA FFXI to play the game but I wasn't sure whether JP POL account will work on NA FFXI.

I'm sure someone knows about this, help help help!

Re: JP POL account will work on NA FFXI?

yes and no ;p

You can log in with the account on any language FFXI, BUT if you buy an expansion later, you need to buy the JPN version, then just download the English or rebuy it later
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Ahh, that's good. Thanks a lot. I'm going to install the NA FFXI and just have the JP POL installed, I heard you can have both NA POL and JP POL installed on the same computer. If not, I could install on a separate one.
      Anyhow, thanks!

Comment

You can install both POLs, but note that they will need to be installed to different directories. Also, they use different registry keys (PlayOnlineUS vs PlayOnline). You simply need to make sure that the registry values which identify FFXI point to the one FFXI install under both registry keys (this is fairly simple as registry edits go). Also, expect one of the POLs to require a full file check for FFXI both initially and after each update. This doesn't always happen depending on how you do the updates (sometimes if I do the update from JP POL, no full check is required at all, but sometimes it happens as part of the update. Typically if I do the update from NA POL, the JP POL requires a full check next time it's used).
        Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
        DRK99,DNC91,THF90
        Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
        Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
        WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
        Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
        All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
        Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
        Clothcraft 24
        Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
        BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...