Auction Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Help

Geez..I even feel embarrassed posting this but I tried a few online searches for my problem so...I'll ask the community.

My scenario
    Me: a still wet behind the ears Redmage wants to buy some nice things from the auction house in South San d'Oria on Seraph server. I can look at stuff, get the juicy detail about it, I can even preview the heart-stopping gil cost history of some items but I cannot bid. The tab is blue and when I tried to click it, that 'nuh-uh' sound of a choice not for me. The items I tested with are within my characters level to use, btw. Oh, another thing... I joined a few days ago, I am still under that trial period.

Help?
    Newbie Elvaan Redmage - Seraph server
    'Did I do that?'

Re: Auction Help

Are you sure the item was actually in stock? Just because the item is on the Auction House's list it doesn't mean there are currently any of it up for sale; the number at the right side of the list indicates how many are up for sale at the moment.

If that's not it, it's possible that trial accounts are forbidden from buying from the AH.

EDIT: Wait, did you buy the game and are using your free 30 days, or do you have a free trial account?

Comment

I would liek to add something to Armados post as well.

Even if it says there are items in it for sale, it is possible that the item has sold when the item list was loaded as well. I've bought out entire stocks of Artifical lenses, and other stuff before, and it still shows the same number next to it from before I started buying them.

Comment

Thanks Armando and Takelli...

Ok I bought the game and it came with a month trial I do believe. I'll go through some items that are within my price and level range again for a test to see if the bid button is shaded blue. If I have to wait until after the trial, I'm ok with that.
        'Did I do that?'

Comment

If there's no number like [1] next to the item, there are none in stock. On nation (non-Jeuno) AHs, there are a lot of items that are never sold there any more because everyone is assumed able to reach Jeuno by the time they get their first job to 20. There are certain things which are better to list on nation AHs, but that's mostly crafting materials and some starter gear.

If you look at the price history on some items, you may see that the last one sold was back in '06. And those can be some crazy prices, from before RMT inflation was brought under control.
          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Now I have it. I just assumed that everything would be in stock Silly me. Ok...thank you much everyone
            'Did I do that?'

Comment

Working...
            X