Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playonline Viewer (360) wont accept my credit cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playonline Viewer (360) wont accept my credit cards?

So I have tried a few times on different cards to register the Playonline Viewer on my 360, however each time it comes up with an error telling me to check the card... It is a mastercard linked to a savings account. Would a Visa linked to a checkings account work better?

I just bought the game and was eager to play it (i understand the load time), but I haven't been able to get a CC to work.

Any thoughts?

Re: Playonline Viewer (360) wont accept my credit cards?

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
    So I have tried a few times on different cards to register the Playonline Viewer on my 360, however each time it comes up with an error telling me to check the card... It is a mastercard linked to a savings account. Would a Visa linked to a checkings account work better?

I just bought the game and was eager to play it (i understand the load time), but I haven't been able to get a CC to work.

Any thoughts?
    yeah it would, I have used 2 different cards, one was a real credit card, and the other was Debit, linked to my checking
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

i tried one of those visa gift debit cards and it keeps saying server is busy or look at your info.

Comment

seems like there's a new post at the beginning of every month asking about registration. There was a maintenance yesterday, and a lot of times it's really congested after that, so it's more than likely just server congestion and not your card.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvane View Post
          seems like there's a new post at the beginning of every month asking about registration. There was a maintenance yesterday, and a lot of times it's really congested after that, so it's more than likely just server congestion and not your card.

Ahh. I kept getting the error for busy server -or- bad credit card. It did not work for me last Friday either, but I attributed that to the bank holiday.

Comment

So...um... when should I expect it to be back up?

I saw the other thread, but that's from months ago.

Do I just keep trying everyday?

Comment

Usually its a wait and see type of deal. You just try several times throughout the day and hope that it works. It may take a day or two but it should resolve itself. But if it doesn't then call the customer service and see if they will input it for you. This is the info:

Phone Support:
              PlayOnline Information Center
              (858) 790-7529 (PLAY)
              Monday - Friday
              9:00 am - 6:00 pm Pacific Time (excluding weekends and holidays)

Web Chat Support: https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html

Have your personal info, credit card info, POL info user name and password, and possibly your registration codes.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
                i tried one of those visa gift debit cards and it keeps saying server is busy or look at your info.
                Sorry, those won't work. It has to be a card either tied to your credit, or to your bank account, as it has to be something that they can autodraw money out of, where a gift card is expected to run out quickly. And generally aren't attached to your name/address

Comment

Originally posted by Kouper View Post
                  Sorry, those won't work. It has to be a card either tied to your credit, or to your bank account, as it has to be something that they can autodraw money out of, where a gift card is expected to run out quickly. And generally aren't attached to your name/address
                  Actually there are gift cards now that are refillable and are used just like a credit card. You can use this type of card for FFXI. I have a friend that lives in Canada that used one.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I've been having the same problem... so I just decided to start a 14-day trial (doesn't ask for a credit card) to start, then using my key to expand that to full after it's over (and hopefully once congestion's down). Hope that helps ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X