help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help!

ahh... i see... so it gets boring once you understand it?

Comment

Boring? maybe. Tedious? Possibly. I don't think either have to do with how much you understand it. It just loses some of it's magic and wonder, is all.
      Kindadarii (Bahamut)
      90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
      70.3 + 2 Woodworking
      52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by kilokk View Post
        ahh... i see... so it gets boring once you understand it?
        Lol, no. This game is many things, but boreing isn't one of em

What exactly are you strugling with? Let us know, maybe we can help.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
        I live to entertain!

Comment

im having trouble taking it all in... i am new to MMO's in general so i am so lost... where can i take quests at?

Comment

First of all, which server are you on? Saying that might help someone help you out in-game.

Second... quests? Sounds like you're in Windurst. If you go outside Windurst Waters, you will see a floating book right by the entrance to town. Talk to it for Fields of Valor quests. (Choose > Individual training, choose a page. Fields of Valor - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki ) They give exp, money, and some special points you can spend on certain temporary buffs. (Selecting "Field Support" gives you the temporary buffs.) I'm not from Windurst, so I can't tell you exactly where the floating book is, but I think it's by the big tower thing you'll see right in front of you.

When fighting monsters, make sure to /check them before fighting them. Anything that cons (reads) tough, you probably can't handle, and you should probably focus on Easy Prey until you get the hang of the game.

There's a couple shops in Port Windurst that sell some inexpensive low-level gear. Also, here's a site with maps on it, to help you find your way around. Vana'diel Atlas - Final Fantasy XI Maps collection - Treasure, NM, Quests, and Missions locations , and here's windurst: Vana'diel Atlas - Map of Windurst

If you want to try something besides leveling, you can get started on your nation's missions. Category:Windurst Missions - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

This game is a little slow to get started in, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel-Once you reach level 75 on your first job, this game is a blast!
            Last edited by aegina; 01-10-2009, 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
            I live to entertain!

Comment

I don't understand why people get so confuzzled about quests. What do you do in an offline RPG? You talk to NPC's...........so just run around town and start talking! Some will give you quests, some will give you information, and some will just call you names (inside joke about old Sandy mh guy...btw is he still there and does he still insult you?).
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm sure he's there. SE isn't known to get rid of NPCs as far as I know -- they just change function. In this case, I very much doubt they would change his personality. He'll just talk to you as if you had already rented your room and tells you to move.
                Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Here's another link you may find useful.

It's in one of the stickies, but just in case you missed it, here it is...

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/arc...lz-sticky.html

Hope I'm not overwhelming you with too much help/info

I live to entertain!

Comment

im on diablos server... no one likes to talk much here

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                      I don't understand why people get so confuzzled about quests. What do you do in an offline RPG? You talk to NPC's...........so just run around town and start talking! Some will give you quests, some will give you information, and some will just call you names (inside joke about old Sandy mh guy...btw is he still there and does he still insult you?).
                      Weren't all rent-a-room NPCs converted into the NPCs you have to talk to if you want to visit someone's MH?
                      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by kilokk View Post
                        im on diablos server... no one likes to talk much here
                        Send me a tell next time i'm on
                        Jenovaheart
                        I'm hardly on though but when i am i level my lower jobs

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

jenovaheart? ok im kilokk i will send you a friend request ^_^ (or whatever they are called) oh btw can anyone tell me how i get the little sele or whatever its name is to see that i went to the auction house? it said examine an auction counter but i dont know how >.<

Comment

Working...
                          X