Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accuracy <-> Hit Rate relationship found!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy <-> Hit Rate relationship found!

Just spreading the word. Nagamaki from the Order of the Blue Gartr forums has been doing some tests these past few days, and with a bit of help and feedback from the other posters, he figured out the formula for hit rate based on his data. Source: "dex/crit relation, WS crits, WS gorgets, acc/eva relation" p.12-13.

The basic formula:
    Effective Accuracy (or Hit Rate) = 0.75 + (Diff * 0.005)
    Where Diff is the difference between your Accuracy and the mob's Evasion.

However, as many of you know, the game penalizes your hit rate for each level that the mob is higher than you. In that case, we use cDiff instead of Diff.
    cDiff = Diff - (dLvl * 4)
    Where dLvl is the difference between your level and the mob's level (again, this only applies when the mob is higher than you.)

So, basically, when your Acc = mob's Evasion, you have a 75% hit rate. Every 2 points of Accuracy above or below that point add/subtract 1% from your hit rate, and every level the mob is higher than you subtracts 4 Acc (2% hit rate) from you. This means double Sniper/Woodsman Rings give us +5% hit rate, Aggressor gives +12.5% hit rate, and Shield Break gives a whopping +20% hit rate to everyone in the party.

AGAIN, credit for this goes to Nagamaki from the Blue Gartr forums, I'm just spreading the word.

P.S. Also on that same page of that thread, formulas for finding mob stats.

Re: Accuracy &lt;-&gt; Hit Rate relationship found!

Thanks Bro X3 This really helps so we know how much Acc is too much depending on the monster.

Comment

Wow, a mathmatical equation that's both useful AND easily comprehended! o.o

Also, long story short, 4 dex = 1% increase of hit rate?
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

No problem. But again, the real thanks should go to Nagamaki ;o
        Originally posted by Ziero
        Yeah, you could look at it that way.

The level correction part also makes it clear why overhunting makes people suck. If you fight a mob 10 levels higher than you, then you lose 20% hit rate from the level correction alone (on top of losing a lot of attack, magic accuracy, etc. as well.)

Comment

Is it known how the level difference affects accuracy when your level is higher than the mob? Is the adjustment always 0?

Conceivably, if you could get that +20% through gear and buffs (barring corrections for level difference), you could easily toss the sushi and eat something more beefy.... Hmmm... Applications...

Comment

At least for us, level difference doesn't come into play if we're higher level than the mob. It's a one-way thing.

Comment

Ty for the post, very good.

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
              Wow, a mathmatical equation that's both useful AND easily comprehended! o.o
              z0mg I thought we left dex in 2004

fk yes

Comment

Thanks for the info. That's very interesting!
                Last edited by Nataka; 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Someone sticky this!

And what's with the new pic? I liked Anemone (sp?) better
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Come on. It's funny. Next one's gonna be Roll (see my picture thread.)

Comment

but psycho lady ; ;
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

This seems to link to "Salvage - Arrapago Remnants - thread 2" for me; what was the orginal thread's actual topic heading? Anyone?
                        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Same problem for me. I found the thread, but possibly not the specific page Armando linked to: http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/vie...hp?f=2&t=17450
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I went through page 12-13, but didn't seem to find the formula stated by Amano. I'm having trouble following the discussion; probably should start from page one. x_x;
                            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

this came from that thread some time after the boards were reopened (why Armando's original link no longer works):

Originally posted by Heavensword
                              Bummer...the nice research on Effective accuracy, along with all the colibri stuff got nuked.
                              Not sure what that means, but w/out completely rereading it I assume some information was lost (likely pictures no longer hosted). If it's any consultation, I did read the thread from page one, only skipping the flamey posts (and even scanning those for numbers) and I do recall seeing the information posted above. The difference is that it's not that clear cut on that thread. Armando made it simple and legible, instead of off-handedly.
                              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Working...
                              X