Weapon Skill Up Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Skill Up Guide?

Now that I got war to 50 I need to level up my axe skill so I can dual wield them, my axe skill is at 78 at the moment and I was wondering if anyone knew a guide or thread where it says where the best places to skill up is and at what levels?

Re: Weapon Skill Up Guide?

Try the attached .gif files. Though they are old, they can still prove to be useful. Not to mention many of places listed are no longer used for XP parties, thus less crowded than when they were originally made.

The credit to the work goes to Studio Gobli.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bside; 09-08-2006, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks ^_^

Comment

Dude.. hell yea.. I was just lookin for awhile and I found this. Thank you
        (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, I'm lv 54 Drk/war and I'm trying to skill up my scythe. It's close to 130 and I'm trying to cap it. Problem is I can barely fight soldier crawlers. IDK if I can. I would have to rest every single fight anyway if I could. Any other ways to lvl scythe? Would syncing to lv 47/48 be a good choice or just not syncing at all to party?

Comment

Syncing to 47-48 will get you some of the way there, and is probably a better choice than going unsynced. You would only be 10 points under cap, as opposed to the 35 points you're under your level 54 cap. Just remember, if you're synced down far enough that your skill is capped, you're getting XP but no skillups. If it goes on, a skillup PT with a relatively weak weapon might be worth the effort around level 60-65.

Comment

IIRC someone (likely Armando) said that you should divine your skill level by 3 and that's about what level of mob you should be targeting.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Guides are nice but there's a million places to skill up a weapon so why settle for what the old guides say?

A level X mob will take you up to whatever skill level that weapon caps at at level X for your job. E.g. If your weapon skill is at 78 and you're using an A-ranked weapon, then you have the skill of a level 25. Level 26 mobs will take you up to 81, level 27 mobs will take you up to 84, and so on. Just target mobs 5-10 levels higher than the level at which your skill would currently be capped.

Any place with mobs that meet that criteria will do. Go wherever you want - you can pick the place with the best scenery, the best drops, the least travel time, the least troublesome mobs, whatever floats your boat. Just use FFXI Atlas or FFXIclopedia to check the levels of mobs in each zone.

There's no real benefit to syncing down.
                Last edited by Armando; 01-13-2009, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Since I am too lazy to figure out the caps by hand, I usually use some kind of skill cap calculator to find out what level mob to target, and then find something appropriately squishy via the atlas' bestiary.
                  Ellipses on Fenrir
                  There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                  . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X