Buddy Pass question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Pass question

No, im not requesting a buddy pass so dont be so fast to lock up the thread . I was curious, if i were to use a buddy pass of a friend of mine and then decided that i wanted to continue playing FFXI, what would i need to do to retain my account/content ID/whatever it may be. Im assuming i would need to buy the full version of the game (The Vana'diel collection anyways), what would i need to install after that and so on and so forth?

Re: Buddy Pass question

I'm guessing a buddy pass isn't the gold world pass I'm thinking of, but rather something of a free trial? If thats the case and you wanted to continue playing after the trial wore off then you would need to buy your own copy of the game (the Vanadiel collection correct). It's been forever since I originally loaded my copy of FFXI, but you should be able to add credit card info etc. to you trial account and make it a full blown kinda thing. After installing the full game, you would then just use your POL info to log in and be able to play as normal. The only other thing you'd need at some point is the Treasures of Aht Urghan expansion pack. It doesn't come on the Vana Collection set. However, you won't need that right away and I wouldn't rush to get it. It wouldn't be needed for a while (roughly lvl 50+), so you could get a little farther into the game and make sure its something you want to continue before plopping down another 20 some odd bucks for an expansion.
    I think thats it. If anyone knows anymore about the free trial stuff please chime in.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

you would just need to keep paying.

the buddy pass gives you access to the base FFXI game and allows you to pretty much do anything in the original areas. what it does not include are the expansions (zilart, chains & treasures) so those areas, jobs, quests, etc. associated with the expansions will not be available.

if you purchase the expansions (they don't sell zilart and chains seperately anymore, you'll have to buy the collection), just go into the content id menu and register the expansion codes under "Register Expanded Services." You'll be left with an extra POL and (original) FFXI code so you can give them to your friends to try out and they'll get to try out the game like having a buddy pass.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Works just how i thought it would, thanks a lot!

Comment

hey i have a lil question (im not gonna ask for a buddy pass lol), if i have a buddy pass that i want for myself, what do i have to do? i installed playonline viewer w/ tetra master and ffxi along with FFXI RotZ, FFXI CoP and FFXI ToAU, i start the registration and the big question is: even if i got buddy pass just to watch how cool is the game before start paying, so, do i have to add credit card info? because i think its a bit unfair that if you are just 'exploring' the game, and before you do, you have to add card info and then square enix starts draining your cash (obviously after the 30 day period) but what i want to do is: play the game, look if its worth paying for it (im sure it is), then wait some time until i finish my exams to start paying and thats all, so could some1 correct me if im wrong or tell me how to use my buddy pass pls.
          thnx a lot in advance.

Comment

can i geta buddy pass ?

Comment

Working...
            X