Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sad, russta

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
    Are you on his server, and have you been a direct victim of this? If not, please put down the bottle of Haterade.
    Russta's been in FFXI a very long time and is one of the most knowledgeable players who has ever played the game - he's probably forgotten more about playing FFXI than I've ever learned, and I'm no slouch. Moreover, he was willing to take the time to share that knowledge with other players - if he were really interested in being selfish, he could have just kept his tactics and strategies (many of which were trailblazing) to himself and left the rest of the playing community in ignorance.
    Egocentric he may be, but he cared a lot about the game and did what he could to make it a better place, and doesn't deserve this sort of insult.
    Icemage
    Russta was in my LS when he was just a noob.

People like to think of him as this great guy just by reading his LJ. Ingame, it can be a very different story. Here are just two examples:

My friends and I formed a set party with Russta and another player named Cobbi a long time ago. When we were in the 50s or so, we had problems with one of our members Ailis who was then kicked. Before we could even attempt to find a replacement, Russta steals Cobbi and joins another set. He never discussed this with us...just abandoned us straight up.

This is perhaps the best example. Russta was running an HNM LS when he up and decided to disband the LS, take all the money, and buy a Haubergeon for himself. Quite honorable, no?

I was friends with Russta a long time ago but disassociated myself with him once he started to show is ugly side. And I'm not the only one.

SIRRY ROUNDEYE

Comment

Re: sad, russta

In that case, then I'm sorry that he treated you badly. Nonetheless, to the community at large, he's been a positive influence overall, regardless of how he may have behaved to you or others.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
      X