Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing a direction?

Hello Crafters!

I've heard that facing a certain direction (N,S,E,W) will have some kind of factor in Synthesis. Is there any truth to this? If so, why don't any guides ever say it?!

Thanks for your input,

Evion
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Facing a direction?

people have sworn up and down that it helps. others have sworn up and down that it has no effect. no one really knows for sure, however, may as well do it for superstition sake eh?

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Sure! I'd still face in the direction of the clothcrafting gods... BTW, does anyone know what direction that MIGHT be?

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

I'm sure if you looked you'd find someone did.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I actually read each clothcraft guide on this sight and nearly every other one I could find. Unfortunately, I can't see that any guide creator actually offers that information. Fortunately, after reading a many pages of random posts under a guide, I did see that someone said South/Southwest... Does this sound about right?

Comment

the direction depends on the crystal being used typically

http://www.iluvitar.com/sections/ffx...t/compass.html

according to that, SW would result in high success for wind and low success/high hq for earth

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Crafting_Skill_Ups

http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer2/crafttimer.html

Read the first link for info, and use the 2nd link when you are ready to synth.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

YAY! I'll trust that!

Comment

Or use:

A crafting compass probably WOULD have been a good idea for my guide, good thing I have that second page to edit with

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

My opinion on it is this: I have never seen it proven, but how can it hurt to just go ahead and do it?
                    FFXIV Balmung Server
                    Tenro Matashi
                    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Proving this would take years of data for 1. Then checking the data to proven a statement. Tho, To say SE has never said we are wrong in the prusumption, or said its true in what we presume. I suggest in using the directions. Personally I find it works. Doing alot of desynths I semi test this theory from time to time.
                      75 THF, 75 PLD, 64 NIN, 51 WHM, 38 BRD, 37 WAR, 35 BLM, 32 RDM, 30 MNK, 27 SAM, 27 DNC, RNG 8, BST 7, DRG 1, SMN 1, BLU 4

Comment

FFXI Crafting Timer

Without using the timer to face, it takes me roughly 5+ stacks of product to gain 3-4 levels. WITH using it, I can usually keep myself in the "Prime Skill Up Zone" (a relative rating of 2-4) you get a few more breaks but I can get 4 levels in 3 stacks of product by always facing and getting the appropriate support to put my synth in the hot zone.

If you have any questions about using the timer, let me know

keep facing - it works
                        sigpic

(\ /)
                        ( . . )
                        C(")(")
                        ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Alot of the time when I go to a specific place to craft and I notice there are people there with crafting that is at or higher than my level, alot of time they always face north, I don't know if its because they don't know about the crafting direction thing, or they don't believe in it. But it does work i know that Spielman's Mog site used to have the stats of when he tested it, but I don't know if that site is still around.
                          {New Sig in the works}
                          -----------------------
                          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                          Originally posted by Solymir
                          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I personally feel it's superstition and does not effect it, as I've seen the same results facing random directions on random days as any other time, but no harm, no foul, so if you're superstitious go for it.
                            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

*cough* necromania *cough*

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                              ------
                              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Working...
                              X